The Monster Hunter Thread: A Whole New World

Me and my gf play that way, I use 3DS and she has the gamepad. Just wish I knew people with a 3DS and MH

So yeah I got my 3DS XL and MonHun, my brother got his a few days ago, and I managed to get two other friends to buy it as well, 4 player bro-op is gonna be nuts.

Itā€™s so balls that you canā€™t use more than 1 WiiU when a 3DS is involved. What kind of decision was that?

a stupid one

I picked up MH3U on 3DS about two weeks ago and already have almost 100 hours logged. Shit is addicting and too much fun. Using a Great Sword as my main weapon. MAN MODE.

For all of you Long Sword users that may not know, if you use your ā€œRā€ attack four times and the 360 degree lunge attack hits any enemy your weapon will start glowing and dealing more damage, you may stack this up to three times the longest combo you can do with long sword with gaining a stack is X,X,A,X,R,X,R,X,R,R this will result in a stack of super if the last R manages to draw blood from any enemy, I have played with this and can say it definately seems to increase your speed and perhaps damage.

Man I cannot wait for 4 and never having to kill a thing underwater again

Theyā€™re removing underwater fights in 4?

Man up. The Lagiacrus is my nemesis monster and I have a blast fighting him after learning how he works.

Yup, though 4 seems more climbing/platform oriented. Monsters also use their surroundings more apparently.

Interesting choice. Underwater levels always suck no matter what the game, so I welcome this change.

Lagiacrus is fucking annoying. I was getting tired of farming him to make my Lagiacrus set since attacking him after dodging some attacks was impossible unless you had Current Resistence.

From what I understand MH4 will add sort of a grappling feature but is exclusive to Japanese 3DS to date.

Is there any news on 4 being localized?

Noā€¦If I was Capcom though I wouldnā€™t announce 4 being localized at E3 this year until the train on MH3U has completely died off. MH3U is supposedly selling pretty well so if they announced the game that soon itā€™d probably eat into profits. Iā€™m not expecting anything until probably next year.

Some new MH4 screens http://www.destructoid.com/these-monster-hunter-4-shots-are-magically-delicious-253811.phtml

Lagombi is returning :3

I have two questions.

If I order a Japanese copy of Monster Hunter 4 here in America, can I play it on my 3DS?

And if so, can I change the in-game language to English?

Just got MH3 for my new 3ds. Anybody here play on it? Are we able to link up? Not 100 percent sure how the online deal works on the 3ds with this gameā€“invites, etc.

Unfortunately no. No online on the 3DS version of MH3, only wireless to other 3DS and to Wii U. Wii U version has online + lobbies

MH4 will have online though.

Regardless itā€™s still a great game to play through yourself, just not as top tier with a group of friends.

Ah, darn it. So basically you have to be in the same room? Guess Iā€™ll have to get together with my brothers.

MonHun4G/U coming west in 2015.