The misc. comics-related links thread: interviews, reviews, etc

I didn’t see anything like this on the front page and I thought it would be nice to have a one-stop repository for posting and discussing comics-related videos and articles that don’t necessarily need a thread of their own.

In this video, a fan asks Grant Morrison how old Batman and Robin are. Morrison responds by deconstructing the notion of age in superhero comics.

[media=youtube]_8Q0bMuvBME[/media]

Awesome , I’m also gonna use this post links to independent comics cause no one here discusses stuff that isn’t Marvel or DC

Can’t watch the video now but there’s an old interview where Morrison said Batman’s been Batman for 15 years. In a more recent interview (but before the DC reboot) he said it doesn’t matter. I think the later one is the most honest answer, but the former makes sense (somewhat, given TONS of leeway) so when it comes up I go with that (before the reboot).

Again not sure what he said in the interview and not to make this long winded but you are probably better of just saying the stories you liked happened and the ones you hated didn’t. Give it ten years. Hell give it five. Chances are they won’t reference the bad stories, or even some good stories anyway. Except to find new ways to retell old stories for the current audience. They usually pick the good stories to retell. Usually.

At the end of the day none of this stuff really happened in real life. It’s a comic. You’re enjoyment of some of the stories really happened and that’s what you should hold on to.

EDIT: Did get around to watching the video. Yeah Morrison’s on point and pretty funny! :rofl:

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk

IIRC, he said that 10 years=1 year in DC comicverse, so all the events that happened in the DCverse took place within 10 or 15 years (if you like).
…but that’s a good interview and he makes good points.
This was also linked to when I watched that vid-
[media=youtube]yl3ZZaXLEx0[/media]

In keeping with the Grant Morrison theme, check this out: Talking With Gods, the documentary about his career, is free on Hulu.

It is feature length, so you’d have to set aside some time to watch it, but it’s a treat for anyone who digs his work and is interested in learning more about the strange life he leads.

Here’s a video of Alan Moore talking about Swamp Thing–back in 1985, when he was still writing it!

[media=youtube]FJlZUpgXQJI[/media]

(Part 1 of 5.)

Oooh thanks for that, might watch it while having dinner prepares all parts for viewing

Not a video but here’s a funny yet creepy article on six world events predicted by comics.

Creeeeeepy…
Also

JAPANESE PEOPLE IN THE 80s DID NOT TALK LIKE THAT, 80s BYRNE!

The thing with John Byrne in the hot tub reminds me of (drumroll please) Grant Morrison, who, as everybody knows, writes himself into his stories as a rich babe magnet with the goal of causing the stories to come true. Apparently, it worked out pretty well for him.

Also, in response to the first item on the list.

…but Morrison is a rich babe magnet IRL…

HOW DO YOU THINK HE DID IT, MAN?

Did what? Become rich or a babe magnet?
Cuz he’s always been a babe magent as shown in Talking with Gods~
Speaking of which: Whatever happened to that Warren Ellis documentary? Is there a release date for it?

Part one of a radio interview with Neil Gaiman from (I think) between Season of Mists and A Game of You. The rest of the parts should be in the sidebar.

Thanks, seems to be a five parter too.

Whoa!

AV Club’s* The best comics of 2011: Graphic novels & art comics*

Hope it’s OK to post this:

Jack Kirby documentary.
Happy new year guys, and here’s to good reads in 2012 =D

I think I may have already found my favorite comic of the year.

Any of you guys picked up Sacrifice? It might be hard to find a physical copy but there are 2 digital retailers http://samhumphries.com/sacrifice-comic-book/