The Martial Arts Movie Thread 2017 Donnie hates his fans

I liked Chinese Zodiac. Not his strongest film, but a decent adios.

Other sci-fi action films i remembered Natural City(Korean) & Wicked City(HK) based on the animeā€¦

^cool Iā€™ll check those out

40th Anniversary of Bruce Leeā€™s Death
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-23371090

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8o0Xk5LSAg

Good job hiding the wire, but off a move like that, there would be more momentum to get rid of, and he would recover in a deeper stance. I hate wire-fu. Sorry, Chan.

The fuck you guys complaining about a 60 year old guy for.

Got done watching Man of Tai Chiā€¦It wasnā€™t to bad of a film, a lot better then Man of the Iron Fist. Reeves dont really have the vision when it comes shooting the fight scenes. The angles of the shot did not translate well into the film. I think the intro fight scene was probably the best but the fights went down hill from there. Those that want to see Iko Uwais will be very disappointed, run away kung fu fight was a joke. Reeves reprising his matrix role was even more hilarious.

The good though is you actually get to see the fights, thereā€™s no quick cuts nor unnecessary close ups, which i applaud Reeves.

Recently watched Wu Dang, Tai Chi Zero, and Arahan.
Wu Dang, and Arahan were pretty fucking good with some nice fight choreography , and Tai Chi Zero was a pretty odd comedy.

Fucking yes Arahan.

Arahan? Is that the Korean film? I bought that movie a long ass time ago & i dont even remember one thing about it. Maybe i need to rewatch.

Going to watch Grandmaster, man i really not a big fan of Wong Kar Wai filmsā€¦Quick cuts, shaky camera, & beautiful people spacing outā€¦I love Tony Leung so ill check it.

A couple more takes and they coulda made that shit look natural. It just looks goofy. It would have looked real if his forward momentum wasnā€™t justā€¦stopped like that. If heā€™d just taken a knee when he landed, it would have been better. Itā€™s like they were rushing while filming and just used the 3rd take or something.

BTW lots of fighting in The Worldā€™s End, nothing over the top, the fights are filmed rather too close for my liking but still quite entertaining.

The Grandmaster ended up being a good slice of life movie for me. It was a good movie nonetheless.

*I genuinely did not think that would come up with that many results

I also liked the movie Soldier, had the guy who played Bruce Lee in Dragon: The Bruce Lee story in it. Not too many hand to hand combat scenes though

I came across this list aswell, but I was looking for recommendation. 90% of that list is probably terrible lol

If you liked Soldier, watch Time Cop 2, Jason Scott Lee gets to be the lead and goes back in time becomes a cowboy, if I recall there werenā€™t enough fights in the movie.

I did see Dragon Eyes, and I enjoyed it for what it was. It was weird seeing JCVD as a mentor especially since Cung Leā€™s fighting style was a bit rougher compared to JCVDā€™s pretty kicking that he does so much. I say give it a watch and donā€™t focus on the story, though I did like the thought of a guy cleaning up a bad neighborhood with martial arts. Honestly I liked Cung Leā€™s style, which made me like him more in Man With the Iron Fists. But check it out.

Also apparently Donnie Yen was in Cincinnati for a demo a few weeks ago and I knew nothing about it. I really wish I could have seen what he does up close.

Also I know you all heard that Spike Lee is redoing Oldboy (one of my favorite films). I really am not hype about it because I felt it didnā€™t need to be remade (Kind of like Funny Games). But the biggest thing for me is if Spike Lee will be able to do a decent job remaking the side-scrolling fight scene with the hammer. Anyway here is the trailer.

Looks like they are changing alot from the original movie. Not sure if I care to see it.

I know I donā€™t care to see it. Seems like they are trying to make it into something that wasnā€™t intended for it in the first place.

iā€™ll watch just to see the changes

This looks pretty good. It looks like a Sleeping Dogs movie lol.