The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

I’m disappointed but it could be worse. At least Capcom didn’t bring in Dark Sakura from MSHvSF or something stupid like that. lol

BALROG STORY MODE FOOTAGE!!! (follow the link)

First look at Balrog here:

He’s looking BADASS! <3

Chances are that they’ve got the full story mode available and players may take turns advancing it.

If that were true then the whole cinematic story should be on youtube by the end of E3.

I would think that they want to keep some elements of the story a surprise and wouldn’t want anyone ruining the ending or stuff in game by playing the whole thing and blabbing about it before it’s release.

i thought you selected a character to play through cinematic story mode with and you got their version? or is it not like the other sf games?

No, you just go through the story mode and there is no character selection. It’s mostly random, unlike Mortal Kombat story mode which puts you through one character per chapter. In the 5 chapters of A Shadow Falls, you can play multiple characters, depending on the scenario.

No.

You play the cinematic story and it decides which character you play as it goes on, sometimes switching from one character to play to the next in the same scene. For example, if the scene requires that Bison beats the shit out of Ryu, Ken, and Chun-Li, you will suddenly play Bison and beat the shit out of those characters.

edit-

Beat me to it.

We aren’t SURPRISED by it. We just hate it.

Holding out hope that her Story alt is gym teacher if she gets in, but I just know it’s gonna be some stupid party dress like it is for Karin and Ibuki.

They could have at least given us some alts, like they did with Viper.

Something I found on Capcom Unity’s blog: Their E3 Schedule. While they have nothing streaming for today, since it’s mostly to feature their upcoming games, there will be a stream on wednesday of SFV story mode + Ibuki exhibition.

Source: Capcom Unity Blog

While there is more likely to be a lot more footage revealed tomorrow during the Capcom Unity Livestream, the game at the Capcom booths have the SFV story expansion playable for people. So there is a chance we’ll see some more to come from now until then.

Rog look fucking awesome, can’t wait to see Juri and Urien too

My god. PLEASE, in the name of all that his sacred, TWEET THIS TO ONO/COMBOFIEND/CAPCOM!

Dude so much better. Just like the Alex. So so so much better.

The 4 Kings are gonna kill each other before the good guys can at this rate lol

If somebody do it, please add Alex too

Basic Dan and Gouken’s Apprentice Dan XD

Taken from Eventhubs: First impressions of the story mode.

Source: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/jun/14/street-fighter-5-story-mode-not-strong-nrs-games-still-entertaining-initial-impressions-e3-2016/

As much as Balrog and Vega dislike each other, I could totally see them teaming up to neutralize F.A.N.G. because of how annoying he is towards them. Based on Claw’s story and win quote to F.A.N.G., you can tell he really hates him. I have no doubt Rog’s disdain will be reflected in his own win quote. He might even try to salvage F.A.N.G.'s poison to sell it for some quick $$ or something.

Ah, so there’ll be the opportunity to play story on hard. That’s pretty cool. I’m glad we’ll have that option.