The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

[quote=“Cestus, post:8207, topic:177027”]

If that is an example of the amazingly superficial distinctions you are willing to put on display for Alex to “look right” from your point of view, I really don’t know what you’re bitching about.

Seriously, you made his nose slightly longer and slightly more slender, you then had to drop his lips slightly lower, and make them shorter. Why did you round out his face and make his right cheekbones less distinct?

You took out the crease/shadow that formed the inner curve of his left cheek (HIS left motherfucker HIS left).

So what you want is an anime baby face Alex that’s closer to the sprite, therefore looking generic?

While barely looking different enough to warrant all the tears?

#whateverdude

#alexlooksfine

The left one look like a 45yo tranny from some western game, the right one look like SF3 Alex (who again, is older than SFV version)
If really the 2 version look almost the same to you i can’t help, as i’ve not Jesus-like miracle cure for blindness

#likeisaidwhateverdude

End of the E3 PS4 press confrence. They didnt feature SFV at all. But at the end, they showed a montage of games, including very small clips of SFV story expansion. Trying to find that video

The thing is, Alex looks a lot older than he should be. SF3 Alex looked like an even younger, stylized 80s Hulk Hogan. SFV Alex looks like Hulk Hogan in the 90s with lighter skin and more hair. The greater problem with SFV’s art direction is that men have a lot of “hard” features. This works well for masculine types like Ryu, Guile and Zangief, who are meant to look chiseled and rough, but pretty boys like Vega, Ken, and Alex just don’t translate very well.

Welcome to the thread! If you got any questions or anything let us know or whatever! We pride ourselves as being maybe the friendliest thread on SRK :tongue:

Two very short clips at the PS$ press confrence. Ending montage It begins at 01:46:14. (Chun-LI v. Rashid/Necalli v. Ryu)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=GwofRzkROo4

There’s been no induction of a tournament in this game. The story mode resolves around Shadaloo’s Black Moons and setting them off across the world. The grapplers seem to have their own thing going, Necalli going after Ryu and Karin pissed Bison ruined Wrestlemania. There’s no tournament setup with all this shit going on. There’s been no indication with character stories neither.

Future games could also not have tournament settings. Alpha series and 3rd Strike didn’t.

http://i.imgur.com/wpnUCvj.png

This is one of the showdowns I’ve been excited for ever since the trailer first came out. The fiery surrounding makes it even more exciting.

Thank you for the screens. I had no idea how to post that.

Rashid looking cool (Azam in the back)

Chun-Li looking beautiful and fierce as ever, my waifu!!!

No problem. Yeah, Chun is looking magnificent in the upcoming story mode. I haven’t seen a bad image yet.

I wonder if the fight will have something to do with the little girl.

Agreed. And I have no idea why Rashid and Chun-Li will fight each other in the story. But you’re right. It could be about the little girl Le-Fen. Maybe Chun-Li mistakes Rashid as the kidnapper and the fight ensues? I just can’t wait to see more. HOpefully they reveal some kind of trailer or more footage this E3 week.

I love both these characters and I’m unbelievably excited for this fight.

Seems like a good possibility. Chun isn’t too trustworthy when it comes to unknown people appearing out of nowhere. That’s why she was real cautious in dealing with Viper. I have a feeling they’ll fight, but will eventually realize it was over a misunderstanding and decide to help each other instead.

It was a matter of time.

http://i.imgur.com/Ov9f2hM.jpg

https://ceripadley.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/whore.gif

That was when i was saying that Nash is a better Alex than Alex
For whatever reason the modeller that did him (Nash) managed to traslate well the right slighty anime good look with the little gritty SFV style

Later i will probably shoop Ken and Vega too, but again it will be a waaay easier job

Ken and Vega are still Ken and Vega, just poorly executed
Alex look like another (and nonsense) character, because they straight ignored the capcom’s character design

The one on the right it’s Urien?
Same jacket-vest-skin-hair colors

uriens sideburns dont form a beard. he has mutton chops. i dont think its him.

Looks more like Abraham Lincoln teen hunter.