The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

HOLY CRAP THE STORY DETAILS ARE AMAZING! MY BLOOD HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH LIFE-SUSTAINING HYPE!!!

I hope they are talking figuratively, because that sounds like kindergarden level quest writing.

You know what this means? That’s right - more Story Mode seasons/episodes are a possibility in the future.

CALLED IT

Looking at the further details, despite the rough patches, I think things will get drastically better for this title. I’m really excited, I cannot put into words how happy I am right now.

http://i.imgur.com/Nn00iEC.png

This alone makes me hype. Are we gonna cry over Nash and Guile’s divorce???

I think you’re all missing the most important thing here…

http://i.imgur.com/xOIN7Xs.jpg

URIEN HAS CLOTHES!

Looks like he’s wearing his suit, but with the shirt open in the front like the sex-beast that he is.

And check out those Wolverine-level mutton chops.

I gotta agree. That shit sounds SUPER dumb.

Get those Weather Dominator pieces Joes!

Nash Vs Guile is definitely going to happen.

While it doesn’t sound too enticing of a story, it does seem rather interesting to me that THOSE STREET FIGHTERS aren’t just ganging up on Bison initially. Why would these fragments be needed?

The illuminate Judas will be playable. Too hype

I have no idea. Well, actually I’m thinking that things will get hella-bad. Bison’s initial attack will raze Metro and other places while they have to deal with Necalli while licking their wounds. The pieces may be more to lock up Necalli and may be tied to Psycho power somehow? Please PLEASE include Rose in this. She needs to be the secret guru for this – if there ever was a need for her to step up, it’s NOW.

Yo, what the fuck, is this meant to be Sean?!?!

Any future cinematic stories will continue to be set before SF3 IMO. I sincerely doubt Capcom will overwrite SF3 because everything they have done since SF4 has been respectful (relatively speaking) to each episode in the timeline.

According to the Illuminati prophecy, after the “black moons” fall to Earth and cause destruction there will be “130 days of nothingness”, then Gill will emerge onto the scene. So if SF5’s story is meant to be a bridge in the story between SF4 and SF3, then the story should be done by the end of this mode. This basically means that if there is a sequel to the cinematic story, it will be set in those “130 days”.

Whoa dude, where’d you find that? Also, I’d say yes;

-Same pose as the drawing of him from the end of Laura’s story

-The basketball has the same colours as his SF3 one

-the bit of yellow in his outfit, plus hair

I’m thinking after the major story 1 bits, there will be a flash forward for SF3 to nicely line things up, but also leave room for some inbetween stories. Though, with some light to medium retconning and smoothing out of SF3, I’m sure there’s some interesting room for more season stories to take place.

Found it here with a bunch of other screenshots

I don’t know what to say if it is Sean (which it most likely is). They gave him a pretty good redesign which sorta stayed true to his SF3 look but now we’ve got this completely out of the blue. Don’t really know what to think.

[details=Spoiler]

http://i.imgur.com/jW2Z8y3.png

Chun-Li’s kid is in deep shit. First Shadaloo kidnap her, then the Illuminati. :frowning:

Also those KKK skullface Shadaloo troopers are BADASS. [/details]

Yeah that’s gotta be the girl Chun is looking for

I hope that is Sean, because he looks 10x better than he does in story mode.

I dunno man. Going from Nazi imagery to KKK imagery…Shadaloo needs a gooddamn PR person.

Apparently someone is leaking story mode images. This could herald more and more leaks. Please use the spoiler tags in such a scenario. Some of us are actually waiting for this be released so we can play it through.

Oh crap, didn’t notice Rashid is in the bg! This probably leads to that old shot of Chun vs Rashidoooooooooooo