The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

Eternal I know what you really wanted to say.

We should pretend it is Sagatā€™s foot, it ever surprised me that Capcom didā€™nt a tribute to Lee-Abdul making up a Fei-Sagat rivalry XD

At the end Ryu moved on long ago over the Sagat fight, and Fei never had particular (any actually) rival in SF, heā€™s ever just been there

Imho they can have matchup him with many char in SF4: Gen, Chun, the Twins, Rufus and as said the Sagat/Abdul thing

Or even Ken (another that outside Ryu never had specific rivals), as he can cover Joe Lewis/Chuck Norris role as american martial arts Champā€¦ but of course, more as a rivalry

Now it will be cool a Fei vs Fang rivalry, there will still be the range(Abdul) treat + poison, plus both chinese/kung fu fighters

They tried making a character based off of Kareem, but they turned him into Rufusā€¦

Biggest missed opportunity in a new character development if Iā€™ve seen any.

Cody

This time, we have the protagonist of Final Fight,
a man who has screwed up the criminal organization Mad Gear with the sole aid of his fists
(and his knives, and his pipes, and his katanas)

Name: Cody
Height: 185cm
Weight: 80kg
Blood Type: O
Birthday: April 18
Home Country: USA
Favorite things: Provoking brawls
Dislikes: Being lectured

Once the hero of Metro City, he didnā€™t fit in a peaceful environment; so he started picking fights until he was thrown in prison.
Excels in the use of knives.
Has a brother named Kyle.

Cody

Guess theyā€™re acknowledging Final Fight Streetwise.

Seems like none of them FF crew are getting in anytime soon though

I KNEW THEY WERE DOING SOMETHING WITH HIM

So heā€™s an intermediate between SF4 and Streetwise? Interesting

I really didnā€™t want Cody in prison AGAIN but at least this design is 100x times better than his SF4 design.

So Cody is still in jail then, right?
Well, I hope Capcom will be able to come up with something more interesting than what he did in SF4 whenever he makes it into SFV!

I think this costume looks better than the Alpha 3/SSFIV outfit heā€™s been wearing!

Well at least he ditched the stupid cuffs. Not Hero Cody but at least itā€™s Hamburglar Cody.

Eh, itā€™s a lot more boring IMO. The old SFA3/SF4 outfit was a lot more iconic and distinct. There is nobody else that rocked that look in a major FG and itā€™s a very unique one at that. Now Iā€™m getting kind of a Ryo vibe from him with that orange jump suit. Hell, Chang is rocking the orange jump suit in KOF14

I get why some people didnā€™t like his outfit however.

Just noticed his cuffs are broke. Honestly not sold on this outfit but I figured that theyā€™d go with something like this after seeing Scott rocking Codyā€™s iconic uniform. I would have rather they went with Cody going classic or something else. I hope that if Cody shows up he doesnā€™t wear this outfit as default but as an alt.

TBH Iā€™d have rather they went straight up Fight Club on his ass. I always thought that a Tyler / Narrator costume pack for Cody/Guy would be dope.

Or Cool hand Luke

He looked like he worked for McDonalds.

Or, yā€™know, a chain gang that predates MCDonaldland

Maybe even from a modern film?

But hey, sure, lets go with the lowest common denominator.

Found a great picture of Kenā€™s classic outfit:

Well, Street Fighter isnā€™t set in the 1920s, is it?

Iā€™m glad that Streetwise is getting acknowledge. That game had some good ideas that shouldnā€™t be ignored.

They still use striped prison outfits today.

Would you consider Guy ā€œthe ninja who uses a gunā€ a good idea? Because Iā€™ve personally been ignoring that small FFSW detail.

In the words of my avatar ā€œI donā€™t care.ā€ I know the origins of the look and it still looks stupid. Manure is a great fertilizer, thatā€™s doesnā€™t change the fact that its shit. Side note: The Hamburglarā€™s look is based on the old chain gang uniform. WTF does a bath robe have to do with Ken.

I thought Guy being a Yazuka boss was interesting. I liked how Streetwise developed Cody. He really hit rock bottom in that game.

God Hand reference -> instat upvote. Thatā€™s how life works.