The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

Well, I wouldn’t mind the CVS2 sprite style, it hasn’t aged like the MVC sprite style has and is fluid but I’d much rather see a more newer and fluid style used that still keeps to the CPS2-3 style.

My main problem with CVS is that it only focused in SF characters when Capcom said it was supposed to represent their fighting games so I’d like to see more Darkstalkers, Rivals Schools and Red Earth with a few of Final Fight+Power Stone and with maybe one non-fighting character but keep a sense of realism (that means no Pyron, Hauser etc)

We got some RS in Kyosuke in CVS2 so making Batsu and Hinata a separate character would be interesting to in a 3v3 team match up. I have been longing for Haggar to be in any SF game.

Batsu would be too similar to Ryu, Morrigan etc. We need a more diverse range than just “popular” characters. Examples of them are Necro, Akira, Talbain, Bishamon etc.

The developers for CVS2 were told by Capcom+S NK to delibrately add characters that no expected so while fans were hoping for Rose, Felicia we got Yun Kyosuke etc.

I think the only non-fighting game characters that should be in CVS are Final Fight characters or series related to the fighting game like C.Commando, Megaman (classic series).

I was saying for RS they could do it uniquely Morrigan plays differently from Ryu, as for what you mention from DS/VS that would be a Capcom Allstar game. I was hoping for more SF focus dreammatch title in a classic 2d sprites with new gameplay mechanics.

If they were add all SF characters from 1987-1999 with SF4 characters who haven’t made any cameos in SFV then that would be great.
Maybe they would put “ism” from Alpha 3 and add a P and R ism from SF3 and SF4.

1 Like

Shoma, Gan or Tiffany will be welcome by me

Gan in particular can cover the sumo-rep too, as we are without Honda or even something loose as Sodom

Batsu will be indeed too similar to Ryu even if i will have liked him as Ryu first student

Fuck Akira tbh

Ryu doesn’t need a student that so soon it makes Ryu old and divide attention from his self improvement as an eternal warrior, It Ryu would have a student I would choose Mel in teen aged years or early twenties for the sake of Ryu’s strong attachment to Ken, that forced Ryu to teach Mel either because Ken is in trouble or Mel is in search for justice for Ken.

A driving force for a need and love not a want.

So that would be many many years ahead like Batman beyond. not a teaching someone for the sake of novelty, recognition and promotion.

Even if something happened to Ken, I don’t Ryu would sit there and play babysitter. He’d no doubt rush to find him. Even then, Mel would probably be mix of Ken/Guile if anything.

1 Like

Ryu is destined to be like Rouwe in Galaxy Fight. A mystical hermit like Oro.

He can be married in some point of his life but goes on to travel and away from his wife and son or daughter like Gon’s father Jin in HunterXHunter.

Cause Ryu is likely committed solely to his cause

Those 2 paragraphs are a juxtaposition within themselves. Ryu seems like the kind who’d be dedicated to anything if he wanted to. Him having kids and married only to leave seems a bit hypocritical and snide too.

It’ll probably be like Chun-Li SF3 or Gouken himself, take along orphan(s). I’m not sure on the Sakura stance like the age difference is enough reason but there’s more.

I believe whoever his wife would be would accept Ryu’s nature and goals in life that would accept him to resume his lifetime goals and priority. Like Gin or like Saito’s Wife

So in other words, Sakura would be one for Ryu.

1 Like

TBH I don’t like Ryu being married, I don’t like the idea of Sakura but that is the best cased among the rest, I don’t think it’s Chun li because it would be complicated with Li fen and her fans, Chuns got her own pop-culture identity that is perfect already it would be a waste if it was forced and tarnish to change just to have a complex interesting relationship from a character with a very different upbringing. The same with Gouken’s daughter why? because of her experiences with her father. Unlike Sakura that was written as Ryu character flavoring. Also Sakura is also being hint already.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Blkone/status/953513513724489729?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-27539515562350370725.ampproject.net%2F1522422854768%2Fframe.html

Sakura: actual 100% real footage of her after Ryu said “yes” to marriage.
2nd impact credits theme plays in the background

1 Like

BREAKING NEWS: FALKE IS A CLONE.

Speculation time:

-As of SF5, they’ve confirmed there are various branches of Shadaloo. The American Branch has the troopers from the movie

-Maybe As Shadaloo fell, she, the last generation of doll and clone was left in a facility as everyone ran away, but maybe Ed sensed her and sought her out after parting with Balrog.

-I gotta get a better look at her costume, but it seemed Chinese inspired. could she have been made in the Chinese branch? Though with her name being German, maybe that hints at where she was crafted?

7 Likes

Another Clone!? And another Psycho Power user?

Eh, I would have preferred Falke to be a regular chick with a staff honestly.

10 Likes

@Phantom_Miria
We can have a entire family, I mean just imagine how packed the reunion will be, it’ll be like those Italian family stereotypes… wait
While studying, the most random idea of Shadaloo as a dysfunctional ghetto/redneck family went up in my head and I knew I had to make it a story, enjoy. I already hate myself for this.

Summary

(A dingy base. There are 3 seats, Bison, FANG, Vega are situated there. A large armchair is there, Mars is sitting with bandages all over and Juli is sitting right beside here, on the table Ed and Balrog are on top just minding their business and Sagat is smoking and leaning besides a wall)

Marz: Thanks for coming!
FANG: Nah b**** F*** you
M.Bison: You had me put to death, literally!
FANG: What did I tell you dolls about betraying Shadaloo?
Marz: I know, FANG
FANG: Don’t you “FANG” me, call me by my rank
Marz:What am I supposed to call you then?
M.Bison: Don’t raise your voice at No.2
Marz: من كان حتى يتحدث معك يا عاهرة؟
FANG: Since when can she speak Arabic?
Marz: Since that Arab beat you
FANG: I was 5, 4, 3, and 2 mad when he pitched up and had the nerve to get that attitude. He better regret messing with Lord Bison because I’ll poison his ass up.
Sagat: Wow, FANG you is really on that silly poison s***
FANG: It’s not s***, it’s a way of life, and yes, you never know when you need to dissolve some towelheads in the name of Lord Bison.
Sagat: You really are the MVP for that old guy now.
M.Bison: Old, I’m forever 21
Sagat: Yeah, 21×21
M.Bison: Sagat, be quiet
FANG: Nah, Bison, let the little pussy speak his mind, I’m sure he didn’t get to do much of that with Ryu. Tell me Lil’ Siggy, that’s what I hear them call you in the streets nowadays, how many times did you “drop the soap?”
M.Bison now wearing 3D glasses and a tub of popcorn
Sagat: tuts
FANG: Wasted 6 years of your life and jeopardized the rest of your future here over a japanese child!!!
Juli: :clap:Quiet :clap:your :clap:organs :clap:. We haven’t been together like this in while.
M.Bison: I’m going to fact check you Juli, WE haven’t seen each other since last week, we haven’t seen YOU since you ran off with that mexi-
Juli: :clap:Let’s :clap:not :clap:even :clap:go :clap:there :clap:, can’t we all just spend a little quality time together without arguing?
Ed: Juli right tho’. We be fam, why we fussin’ for?
Everyone states dumbfoundedly at Ed except Balrog
M.Bison: Who are you?
Ed: I’m Ed
M.Bison: Can’t recall
Ed: You donated your DNA to create me
M.Bison: Ahh, you’re one of my host bodies, sorry Edward
Ed: It’s Ed
M.Bison: I know Eddie, nice to have some spare parts if you know what I mean Edwin.
Ed: It’s Ed!
M.Bison(to Ed): You have a number?
Vega: We could always set up a fashion boutique that smuggles drugs on the side
Balrog: Have you lost your mind?
Vega: You’re one to talk: what dumb breed of N**** sells drugs to a InterPol officer?!
Balrog: She asked me if I had some!
Vega: So you said yes!?!?!?!?!?
Marz: How about we destroy Delta Red?
Sagat: Don’t call me when all of you end up in ECHR.°`
Marz: Surely, we aren’t talking about you having sex with minors in Australia. If I remember correctly, you’re the one who left Shadaloo first when you had your sexual awakening.
Sagat: I’d rather be leave Shadaloo than be in Delta Red’s A+E° department (meanwhile, Juli sneaks out the window and leaves behind a postcard)
Marx: I’d rather be at A+E than sucking dick from a sweaty boy
Sagat: At least Ryu had a good dick, so the joke’s on you, HA!!!
awkward silence, Fang is now visibly appalled, a postcard with a picture of a cactus reads "at Mexico, love Juli :clap: :clap: :clap:

Marz: cough This tea’s great, is it Chinese?

°= A+E is the British equivalent of ICU.
°`= European Court of Human Rights

1 Like

Falke Reveal tomorrow! I’m sure of it!

I agree with you @Phantom_Miria. I would’ve wanted Falke to be her won individual character, a loyal follower (and possible love interest?) Of Ed. I feel the whole “suitable clone” just takes her away from the Neo-Shadaloo group as this feels like she’s a discarded Doll, or is related to Bison. We already have Ed wielding the psycho powers in Neo shadaloo. So why have Falke?

Acutally, the only real possibility that I can think of is that all four members of Neo-Shadaloo have some form of psycho power to them.

Ed: Psycho Strikes
Falke: Psycho Staff (and more to be revealed tomorrow)
Gorrilla: Psycho Grappler
Last guy: Psycho… zoner?

Aside from each character taking a form a fighter playstyle, the fact that all members possibly having Psycho power is significant. Unlike the old Shadaloo, where Bison was the only one with power, and him being on top of the pedastal. All four members of Neo-Shadaloo are all on equal playing field, even though Ed is the leader. No one as seen as an underling, or a lietenant, but as a respected equal. This is the first step in Ed forming Neo-Shadaloo in his own way, instead of its predecessor, lord Bison.

If this is the case, and we do also end up getting a gorrilla and the other guy in future season, then I really do hope they have their form of psycho power as well. Bison may be gone, but the omnious power of pyscho power will continue to reign terror on the world!

4 Likes

But what would they be after? Whatever it is, it must be important to all of them since they’re a very tight-knit group.

hmm will Falke play similar to Gambit ?

2 Likes