The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

I did dig that a whole bunch. What was cool is that early on, (late 80s I think) one of Wolverine’s old masters was named Ogun, he looked human, but surpassed death and possessed Kitty Pryde once. I felt like they were going to make Akuma the MvC Ogun or something. It could have been cool if they fleshed it out more, but sadly nothing ever continued.

4 Likes

Haircut aside, SFV Battle Alt Ken is likely based on that

Probably the reason why Chun-li went from “Give up now! You’re under arrest!! You’re coming with me!” in her Alpha endings to obliterating a whole forest with a single kikosho just to wear down M. Bison in SF4.

Chun-li knows Bison is too power and too evil to be imprisioned, and the only way to end shadaloo is to destroy it for good.

2 Likes

Stop! Don’t shoot! That man is not Black! :joy:

7 Likes

LMAO excellent reference

I like the Idea that Akuma is blind by confidence and pride that Oro see through him for his true ability, How I miss those old games character interaction. Even in few dialogue it has been interesting like your given example of Akuma and Logan. Nowadays relationship interaction is kinda meh like Nash, Guile and Abel.

Thats always how I see Akuma and thats how I want him to be again calm and confident not the current has beserk tendencies and that is obsesses with validation towards Ryu and Gouken, It’s like his proving to them that he is better. It shows doubt to himself and his chosen path that makes him look not mentally stable.

Even those tragic endings like Chunli and Jin in MVC vanilla. then XVS Nash.

1 Like

@Cestus_II That costume is a terrible tribute he low-key looks like the Spanish penguin from Happy feet:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ramon+happy+feet&client=ms-android-motorola&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiCyvqIuKHaAhWHLsAKHQNVCukQ_AUIESgB

@The_Shakunetsu XMVSF+MVSF had great character interactions when MVC1 was made they threw it all away. MVC1 was more light-hearted than the other two but that MVC1 had the same style as the other two then imagine the interactions like Wolverine treating Megaman like Jubilee or Morrigan flirting with Iron man.

1 Like

The stuff I like with MVC1

The way that Nash save Chun li from Bison
And Jin that sacrifice his life

1 Like

TBH that’s the only hint of the old VS series we got in MVC1. It’s all jokey and “funny”, all the new characters except Strider and Morrigan were over the top and silly. The worst offender is Megaman, remember his Power Fighters ending and how upset he was having to fight and wanted a better solution to things another example is his MM&B ending:

What do we get, a robot who mock his opponents and makes treats fighting rather sparingly like a game. Megaman should’ve been written so he’d treat the other characters (bar villains) with admiration and regret over fighting them.

2 Likes

I also liked how Bison left Jin in a near-death state, which gave Shadow and Shadow Lady the opportunity to revive Jin into Shadow Jin.

Summary

Damn Bison. He’s not even in the game and he’s causing so much trouble.

3 Likes

Well, not really finished. They’ve only made profiles for all the FF3 bosses, but not for regular enemies like Billy, G, Johnny, etc.

2 Likes

“Street Fighter V and regular crossover suit, this time for Guile - the game Forgotten Worlds, the character Nameless Super”
immagine
immagine

Cool reply to Nash’s Captain Commando, wich is releasing finally (4th piece) this friday.

Very well made (like most of these crossovers)

Will have likedd a color done as tribute of this
immagine

6 Likes

I hear a roaring crowd and the faint sound of a bell ringing twice in the distance…

5 Likes

@Cestus_II
@The_Shakunetsu
@Doctrine_Dark

I just realized something about C.Commando’s theme and maybe this’ll explain why they chose him for Charile’s CC. I suppose since he was Capcom’s mascot before Ryu or Megaman took over it makes sense but his MVC theme takes 3 Capcom themes and puts them into one.

First and most importantly we hear Charile’s theme and then the main part but you’ll notice that the saxophone has the piano interlude from Cyclops’s MVSF theme and before it loops Sky Lagoon from Megaman X4. Not sure if the part after Charile but before Cyclops is original but if someone knows if that part was ripped from another game then do tell me:
0:00-0:11 seconds: Charile’s theme

0:27-0:39 seconds: Cyclops’s MVSF theme the percussion is based off the percussion at the end of Ryu’s MVSF theme

0:40-0:51 seconds: Sky Lagoon (X’s version not Zero’s)

4 Likes

Interesting point on Captain Commando’s music in MvC. I loved it, but I always wondered where it came from since typically the first stage theme is associated with him in like Project X Zone and his MvC theme didn’t resemble anything in game. Good sleuthing.

@Cestus_II holy crap, is that a mod or is that really something coming for Guile? It looks amazing!

RIPS OFF SHIRT YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! Whooo! (They better do them next)

Not a bad choice for Guile, unlike the Juri. I hope Capcom still remember breath of fire franchise at least since it had it’s 25 or 26 anniversary this week. And we need Warzard, Battle Circuit, Powerstone and Cyberbots Rep alt then were done!!

1 Like

Hunter

A sinister masked man
who carries a baseball bat.
He approaches you while muttering something… Scary!

Name: Hunter
Height: 189cm
Weight: 90kg
Blood Type: Unknown
Birthday: January, 7
Country of Origin: Unknown
Favorite things: Delusions
Dislikes: Sports

What does it mean that he hates sports
when he wears a baseball attire?
He’s a member of a gang that operates in the city.
He approaches you from behind your back and maims you mercilessly with his bat.
It’s rumored that under his mask he’s actually a very handsome man.

So they started with FF3 goons. Well, still 11 to go: May, Fritz, Joe, Arby, Fat Jack, Dirk, Rick, Billy, Ray, Johnny… and G.
A curious coincidence…

9 Likes

I found it a bit clever since CC is the flagship character for Capcom during MVC. But I wish I could the same for the rest of the Capcom character’s theme. It’s just a lazy cop-out for Ryu, Chun-Li, Zangief and Megaman and out of the original themes, Morrigan’s and Commando’s theme are the only memorable ones.

Have you read that SF3 interview yet I linked, if so what did you think?

Always happy to see some final fight love, but they should have weathered the costumes a bit, they look too clean, would have added a lot to the feel of the video.

3 Likes

My problem is they killed the simplicity of Guy’s design choosing that outfit. The original was legit badass and it improved when he got sneakers giving him a Japanese-American urban ninja feel, but the one they used here looks like Tekken’s worst.

2 Likes