The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

Nah, I’m fairly sure I got it right the first time.

Agree killing Gouken again is a bad choice… The best way is to make Gouken to be irrelevant to Gouki vision. I hate the thing that Gouki needs to prove himself that he is better than Gouken or Gouki trying to prove to Ryu that his ways is better than his brother. I think it’s time to move on.

I like the Gouki that is more mature in Super Turbo that sets his attention to the most powerful and strong, not someone that lives his life into validation to two persons. I have said this somewhere before I like Gouki more on waiting fot someone that will fight him to the death, Where he become more like Gen. Let Gouki not into Gouken without anything that can destroy Gouken or without pitting against each other. Gouki path shouldn’t about rivalry and validation because that is childish. Gouki is a Ryu with SNH both just seek the strongest while the difference is Ryu is open to learning new stuff while Akuma is just into mastering SNH.

I don’t think Gouken x Pre-Oni Akuma would be a rehash. It’s really inevitable. I just hope it’s handled with grace and style, and that Gouken doesn’t go out in vain.

Well he can’t really, since his return helped set Ryu back on the path of his destiny.

His final defeat would also help establish Akuma as a credible threat again.

Okay. That F.A.N.G Side reader was a very nice read. Any type of story giving a character more depth always proves to be the most interesting. F.A.N.G’s life was something shrouded in mystery, so this gave a better glimpse of his character. Can’t wait for part 2!

Akuma is close mind and has a dogmatic perspectives to SNH. His fully devoted and committed to it.

Akuma could always view Goukens choice as a coward because it doesn’t make him better than he is even though it counter his SNH. Making him view that what Gouken can doesn’t make him as effective against other stronger fighters… Seeing SNH and Mu in a different level of perspective it will gave a whole new understanding.

Make Akuma believe that Gouken’s Mu isn’t capable of destroying and had lack of possibilities against real opponents. So he sees Gouken nothing but a waste potential and his always been better.

I like it that it is Ryu that seeks Akuma to challenge himself, while Akuma doesn’t feel a excitement towards both Gouken and Ryu, or even Bison. This makes Akuma again a great character.

What Akuma should be concern all his life is “discovering” the potential SNH, creating new techniques, improving, enchancing and mastering the variation of his techniques. Waiting for someone he believes to be the true death match.

Um, it was Akuma who sought Ryu in SF4 and SF5.

Ryu will give Akuma his deathmatch.

The quarrelling you guys do aside, that’s an interesting point, with some of the drastic changes to the roster, it makes me wonder how what we got compares with what we were going to get and if it messed with anyone’s plotting. I’d love an indepth behind the scenes look at ASF. I really hope for more behind the scenes details on everything by the end of SF5’s development.

I like your ideal a lot and it sounds possible. However as a fan of Ed, I hope Bison doesn’t get control over him. Also I agree about Marz better have survived her fall since F.A.N.G. managed to live. Rashid honestly needs to hunt him down and finish the job

I doubt that things would have changed much: even if Decapre ended up in the base roster like the devs were theorizing in the very early stages of development (this was back when SFIV was about to get the Ultra expansion and SFV was just a project on paper) Cammy would have been almost guaranteed Season 1 DLC like Guile because a story with a playable Decapre, the Dolls and Shadaloo falls would have made no sense without Cammy.
Also, I’m pretty sure that with most characters, mostly the ones that aren’t really important to the main plot, the story just adapts itself to whoever is in the cast.

A nice behind-the-scenes interview about SFV’s development would be sweet though, no doubts about it.

My idea was for Ed to get possessed and then probably saved by the cast after a climatic final battle. SFV is paving the way for SFIII story-wise, so I don’t see Bison staying relevant story-wise by the end of it, the Illuminati must be allowed to become the only relevant antagonists by that time.
Nothing’s stopping Bison from making a comeback in a theoretical post-SFIII game anyway.

I don’t think they are setting up a Bison comeback before SF3. At least I hope not.

Post-3S is where it’s at.

Ed however, will seek help from Rose or he will die.

I just want ONE game post SF3 where Gill and the Illuminati are the main villains and Bison and Shadaloo aren’t. Just one.

You will get it. And when you will, you will remember the good ol’ days when villains took great pleasure in pummeling you to dust, and then you will come crawling back.

Luckily, Bison doesn’t hold grudges.

I’m fine with future SF games going back to Bison because he’s as much to Street Fighter as Ryu and Hadokens are, but at the same time Gill and the Illuminati as a storyline have been left hanging for nearly 20 years and it needs to be concluded before we go back to Bison and Shadaloo again.

@Phantom_Miria @Daemos
I think Ed would end up being a Anti-villain. He’s not evil but his actions would harm our characters or the world causing some conflict. He’ll most likely end up as a “soul jar” for a weakened Bison to inhabit post 3S. The Illuminati will still be villians while Ed/Bison would be secondary villains. Think of it like Alpha 2 where there were two paths: Shadowlaw and Ryu/Sagat/Akuma. Bison will definitely return but under tamer conditions.

You can’t harness Psycho Power without being evil, without harboring all that negativity and be hungry for it.

@Daemos Maybe that Ed is initially indirectly evil, not selecting a specific goal or target but just causing problems, that is until Bison possesses him and he causes full on chaos. Ed could be self-aware during his position trying to fight back and suppress Bison’s control. Bison needs that evil to sustain psycho power and himself so Ed’s body is pitted in a mental battle. If you have seen Steven Universe, think Malachite.

Anyone with Ed’s haircut is evil in my book.

It’s funny visualizing F.A.N.G out and about watching others. The part about the drunk bumping into him made me fear for that guy’s fate briefly. Thankfully he wasn’t introduced to the poison.

I can totally imagine him going to a Xmas party, inflicting poison on others by shaking their hands, and melting down the tree just to be a dick.

That’s the thing that made Akuma meh… he was better in Alpha days when it was Ryu that sought for Akuma.

He was even better in Super Turbo when it’s not about Ryu or Gouken other than fighting the best.

For Bison that sought Ryu for his youth. it’s like Orochimaru thing to Sasuke, then the later that he didn’t bother with Ryu because of improvement to Shadaloo experiments it’s seems reasonable and fair to both Ryu and Bisons character, but Akuma aftering Ryu is kinda meh story progression for Akuma.