The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

Akuma is a walking reminder to Ryu of the pitfalls of SNH in the path to mastering Anatsuken. By existing as the antithesis to Gouken’s teachings, Ryu knows what to avoid. If Akuma didn’t exist (in-universe), Ryu would have most likely given into the SNH a long time ago.

looks down at a defeated enemy

Sigue asi, y te acabaran matando.

walks always like a bad ass in the opposite direction

Twinnnnnnnnnnn

It’s not necessarily just Bison, I think the problem could easily surface with Gill as well.
Ryu doesn’t really have any personal reason to go after Bison (outside of Ryu’s alignment being Generic Good as opposed to Bison’s Stereotypical Evil), Ryu and the shotos have their own mostly self-enclosed storyline that is going on on its own, so when the shotos get out of their storyline to mess with what should be other characters’ storylines it feels forced. To make the shotos’ role in the plot feel more natural the story should give them a really good reason to get involved, Alpha 3 had such a good reason because Bison, in an attempt to become more powerful, tried to take Ryu’s body (even though Cammy’s was objectively better) and thus it made sense for the shoto storyline and the Shadaloo storyline to collide in that occasion.

You can’t recycle that plot device forever though (even though they tried) and if one can’t come up with any strong reason for Ryu to decide to go after Bison, or Gill, or anyone else rather than actually focus on Akuma (which is his real personal antagonist) then it would probably be better to just keep the two storyline separate from each others.
Have two storylines going on with just minor overlapping between them (nothing wrong with the shotos giving a hand at beating down some Shadaloo’s subordinates, but keep them away from the actual top guys), a main story about the fight against Shadaloo with Chun-Li, Guile and Cammy as the most relevant characters, and a side story about Ryu, Gouken and Ken doing their martial art mysticism shtick with Akuma and the Satsui no Hado looming in the distance. Ryu’s natural antagonist is not Bison nor Gill, it’s Akuma, so you should have Ryu go on and try to take on Akuma rather than rob other characters of their confrontation with their natural antagonist.

It wouldn’t feel okay if, after Akuma beats Ryu in his prologue story, Chun-Li popped out of nowhere and beat the shit out of Akuma, retroactively freeing Ryu of any inner struggle he ever had with his power, thus ending his story for him. It wouldn’t feel okay for two reasons: first, Cammy would be better suited for the job, second, it robs Ryu of a battle that was built up for him back from his background and in favour of another character that doesn’t even have that much of a beef against Akuma.

If they finally move past SF3 and Ryu starts going after Gill I’m going to be ultra-fucking-pissed. One of the best things about SF3, imo, was that Ryu had nothing to do with the Secret Society. It was Alex’s story with Alex’s antagonist and Ryu had nothing to do with it. God help me if Capcom have Ryu be the one to beat Gill.

thing is i don’t even think he’s useless, they should just gave him the role of corrupted uncle, black sheep of the family and secret char.

They could even keep him particular dangerous for Ryu as he know perfectly his style and all his moves, plus many forbidden ones designed exactly to pierce an ansatsuken artist defence

Instead they opted to make him stupid powerful when his design don’t handle it, and put ??? on how legit are the actual cool Bosses (Bison and Gill)

Problem is Gill better cover near gods superhuman, Bison better cover the devil thing, Oro better cover super secret incredible Master

Akuma is just not good enough to cover what Capcom ask to him, but probably they got pink tinted glasses on him because Japan, so they keep go on

I’ll rather see Ryu and Akuma spend there lifetime to self betterment and isolation or either for Ryu with Oro. It’s like they are the Ultima and Omega weapon of the series like in FF. Like they are always in a stale mate situation in rare case they would encounter. Ryu under Oro’s training should be long duration like 10 years not 5 to make it seem interesting and just, but it’s not to change and replace Ryu’s moveset or fighting style but rather to add new techniques or enhance his special moves.

Something like in every game Ryu had different new introduce of super and variation of secondary version of hadouken that superseded each of it’s past iteration which makes it unique in every game he would appear instead of recurring special move. Story wise to emphasize that he is experimenting various styles of Ki manipulation under Oro’s teachings.

While the likes of Urien, Alex and Ed would be the spotlight of the story direction. Since we had enough new blood to pursue and be interesting to captivate audiences. This includes RS and waifus.

Then the likes of Viper, Vega and Juri would go involve always in such kind like they are paid and rent mercenaries.

Chun, Guile, Zangief, Shin and Cammy or Abel would re-appear if there country is involve in such conflict since they are the special kind of people that is sent to fight by their country.

Then Bison and Fang would be also selectable character but the story involvement is always the background part like in early SF4 videos. Like gathering left overs and information of the matches.

Agree with Ryu story in Sf3 was a brilliant in the part of Capcom that make him flexible.

Not everyone needs to be involved around preventing M. Bison’s schemes. I’d have the shotos play their own dramas and stories and not have them involved while other characters take care of Bison.

I’d love for them to introduce these in stages.
two bonus games with a third coming in a later update.
choose the fight after your rival with a later update allowing all fights after your rival.
add a vskill themed training level and incorporate it as a bonus game.
with addition of two rivals for all, player chooses the 1st to fight and later face the 2nd with before their real boss fight.
-also 2nd rival gets buffs on 2nd round (vskill or super)
Final boss gets buffs for fight (vskill or super) and similar buffed bonus story fights after.

I think when you consider Nash’s story in both games, it’s a safe bet to say that most of the incidents in A3 are supposed to override A2.

I don’t know what I’d do with Ryu to make him more relevant. The original idea of Bison killing Gouken could have done it and been interesting, if not typical.

For Ken in SF3 era, I think it was Yagami, said that having Ken discover Illuminati roots in his family and having him and Necro encountering each other could make for some great moments. I feel like that would be a great way to make him relevant to the story and not be in Ryu’s shadow forever.

If Akuma was like this all the time, I’d actually enjoy him more. I’m actually serious. A scary guy who isn’t all *that *bad and outside of violence, is a bit awkward with human interaction because he feels so divorced from normal, everyday life.

A two storyline way would work nicely with some overlap, I’d actually like the storymode + character stories/ arcade mode to continue throughout the series so that we can give everyone their time in the limelight.

THANK YOU. I was in the minority of people who like the Udon books, but when they had Ryu jump in to deal with the Illuminati and getting a “new form” I hated it. Alex was fulfilling something then gets taken out of the picture just for Ryu (dealing with the SNH, becoming Evil Ryu and fighting Oni) to suddenly inject himself into the Illuminati story and end it all by himself.

I get why people feel Ryu should be in, I get why people say he should be the one to beat Bison and that he’s the mascot, I can respect that all, but it feels so unsatisfying to me as an audience member. It’s that issue that some people had with Wolverine’s role in X-men 3. The Phoenix-Dark Phoenix storyline is and should all about Jean and Cyclops, but Cyke gets jettisoned and the film series’ mascot, does all the major emotional and action lifting in the tale and closes it off.

I want for Ryu to continue to develop and I’m excited to see what his time with Oro wil bring, especially if they have Udon’s take on his personality; Gouken is the serious and traditional master, but Oro is so old and wise, he doesn’t care – he has fun with things and can slip into serious mode at the drop of a hat. Their interactions should do Ryu a ton of good, so moving forward, I don’t want them to combine that aspect with him being a target of the Illuminati or being the hero of that story.

I look at it like a comic book. You’ve got breakout stars in an ensemble cast. The problem is if you give all the fun and important stuff to the breakout star, then things get stale, especially when you’ve got legitimately interesting characters on the side alongside the breakout, but they never achieve anything due to the favouritism. It’s like having Batman in the Justice League, but never having Superman, Wonder Woman, or the Flash and Green Lantern have their chance to shine. If it defaults to Batman always saves the day, it’ll get boring and worst yet, predictable! (GeesehowARD.wav)

Completely agree with all of this, especially the UDON stuff. Volume 3 of Unlimted isn’t out yet here in the UK, but I’ve already heard what happens and I hate it already. I normally like Ryu, but he’s the fucking worst when he’s shoved into other people’s story-lines. SF3 set him up with a potentially great story-line with Oro (UDON’s segments with Ryu and Oro were fantastic), but knowing Capcom they’ll still have Ryu come in to hadoken Gill to death while Alex lays there defeated. The idea of it just infuriates me.

Been lurking this thread a while, and love catching the back story yall go on about.

Just wanted to pop in to say to always remember this is Capcom. They don’t give 2 shits about who deserves to fight and defeat who, regardless of whatever has been built up over the years.

I mean… Chris and SHEVA killed Wesker while Jill sat on the sidelines. So Cammy just might be the one to take out Akuma or hell maybe Birdie will do it.

Post on here, don’t just be a lurker, WE NEED YOU!

That goes to the rest of you lurkers, YORKEY NEEDS YOU!

So it is decided: Street Fighter’s story will end with Ryu and Akuma coming to a tense staredown, then Cammy comes out of left field, says “no problem, I’ll take care of this” and easily beats Akuma’s ass who ends up falling into a volcano Mishima-style. Ryu is totally cool with this and does nothing at all, content with his life he returns to be a member of Poison’s rock band that we first saw in SFIV. The charred remains of Akuma are later used by Birdie to make a barbecue, which fills him with the power of the Satsui no Hado teasing a sequel.

Meanwhile F.A.N.G attempts to bring back Bison to life, but the reborn Bison comes to a quick demise when Twelve, tired of being considered the most useless character in Street Fighter history, kills Bison out of nowhere with a single shot and runs away cackling madly and in binary into the dead of the night.
F.A.N.G will go through a stage of deep depression only be rescued by Dan, who will impress F.A.N.G so much with his great skills that he quickly becomes Dan’s n.2 fan, addressing him as “Lord Hibiki” and spreading with him the truths of Saikyo. F.A.N.G and Dan will then form “Saikyoloo”, an organization based on how great Dan is, and a new group of 4 Heavenly Kings is formed composed by Dan “the Man” himself, F.A.N.G, Rufus and El Fuerte.

Also, the Illuminati are completely destroyed offscreen by a rampaging Abigail who has once again forgotten where his monster truck was. Gill and Urien are confirmed among the casualties, having been accidentally ran over by the rampaging giant, while the only survivor, Kolin, was only able to report before losing consciousness that “First we heard the Vroom Vroom… And then… There was only CHAOS and DESTRUCTION!”.
Kolin is currently detained in the Metro City Asylum for the Greatly Insane, with only a short but strangely happy man called Yoshinori Ono as fellow inmate.

Akuma could be taken out by fucking Dan and nobody would care or take him seriously

That’s how irrelevant Akuma has become to the story

Akuma loves babies though

At the risk of changing the status quo… I would add these points to the plot. (incoming retcons)

1st The pre SF era stuff…
Japanese ancestry of team shoto (Gou-bros, Matsuda, and Masters) are very distant relatives to Bison’s 1st body. I have no idea when or if this should ever be addressed in game. Ryu is the ideal host body of this surviving lineage from this generation. M.Bison’s current body is not the one that was trained by the master he killed. Rose was but a young gypsy girl when M.Bison purged the good half of his soul and she was selected by this soul (think DC’s green lantern ring). She began and finished her training being sent away before M.Bison killed their master. M.Bison’s soul bolsters Rose’s own.

During SF1 Akuma came to “fight Gouken to the death” only to find traces of Psycho Power and his fallen brother. Sensing Ken near by (leaves tourney early) and thinking Gouken dead, he tosses his brother’s corpse into the water fall while selling a monologue for Ken to hear. Ken attacks Akuma (believes he killed Gouken) and tells Ryu upon his return. note Akuma is selling that he is the monster we think him to be.

During SFA Akuma does seek out Ryu to tempt him with SnH (think Naruto’s 1st Sasuke vs Itachi match “face me when you have these eyes”) M.Bison also tests Ryu by temporarily turning Ken (SFIIAM + Violent Ken). Sagat was meant to stall/rematch Ryu, but with his rival under SnH influences and seeing what was being done to Ken, Sagat lost his will to fight; also Sagat is offered a new eye (see Juri) but refuses. Gen and Akuma have a pointed conversation of legacy and warrior’s death that stays with them both. note Sagat does not officially break from Shadoloo here.

During SF2 Akuma does seek out M.Bison for revenge and learns of the Dictator’s plans for Ryu. He seemingly manages to defeat him, but decides despite his power he is not worthy of such a death match; also wants to see how Ryu deals with this man. M.Bison survives but his body is not unscathed; also he has a much better understanding of SnH thanks to his “sandbagging” of the SGS. note Bison wants Ryu’s body only after it reaches its perceived potential.

During SF4 Akuma narratively wants Ryu to succeed him, but finally concedes to parts of his humanity slipping away after coming face to face with his brother. Gouken questions his brother’s path, and this gambit with Ryu, only for Akuma to redouble his efforts. note player doesn’t know how much Ryu is being told by Gouken, Bison, or Akuma; also Gouken refers to Akuma by Gouki.

During SFV Akuma kills Gen, perhaps even for Gen’s sake, and wonders if he could still do the same to Ryu or Gouken. Gouki relents that Ryu’s path of balance could surpass both elder shoto bros as a fitting legacy. Gen’s apprentice learns of his master’s passing (from Adon) and further embraces SnH.

I know this is Akuma sentric, but giving Gouki a better role and solidifying an underlined connection between the psycho and shotos lets them playout their otherwise forced interactions with some illusions of purpose. Gouki and Gouken would now embody the opposing extremes of Goutetsu’s ideals while Ryu would represent the next evolution of them. Gouken could then focus on redeeming his brother as Ryu learns under Oro.

That’s really cool, Phantom. I wouldn’t be surprised about that.

I can see a potential Dark Cammy appearing sometime in the future. Why, you say? Because I think her quote to Akuma is foreshadowing her future:

One day in the future, Akuma is going to fight Ed/Bison in a supreme battle between Satsui no Hado and Psycho Power. Cammy and many others will be witness to such a legendary battle. The problem is that it won’t just be a simple battle. When these 2 energies combine, they will become airborne and spread to others who are susceptible in that moment. Cammy is all about helping others, but like Urien said to Cammy, “the weak protecting the weak” is pretty much what her situation is. Cammy fights for others, but her strength will not be enough to sustain this effort.

Growing tired of this and having no real family, Cammy gives in and accepts the power into her body. This unlocks the Psycho Power that was dormant within her and created a new power altogether. She’s no longer the Cammy we know, nor is she the Cammy that was once referred to as Killer Bee. What she’s become is a remorseless assassin with dreadful power unlike anything seen before. Nothing drives her except the idea of killing the strongest warriors to show her true power. Ed/Bison smirks from a distance once he noticed the change in Cammy. Is he aware of something we’re not?

After her transformation is complete, she goes to Delta Red HQ to say “hi” to those who she once considered her family. When the cat comes out to greet her, she pets the cat…before vaporizing him with her touch. What has become of Cammy? She once loved cats. As she continued to walk towards HQ, Lita speaks to Cammy, but her words don’t seem to move her one bit. When she puts her hand on Cammy’s shoulder to ask what’s wrong, Cammy instantly thrusts through her chest with her hand. Lita’s shock only lasts for a few seconds before her lifeless body falls to the floor.

The next to fall was Matthew. He was in the equipment room reorganizing things for Delta Red before Cammy arrived. Smirking at the huge man, Cammy knows he’s totally unaware for what’s going to happen next. “Hey, help me out here, Cammy. This is tiring!” “Anything for you!” says the wicked assassin. When he turns to hand her the items he needs moved into the locker, he’s met with a kick that shatters his cybernetic arm. Before the pain and shock had overtaken him, Cammy finished him off with a kick to the face. As he lie on the ground in a pool of blood, his final expression was filled with terror and confusion. Someone he once considered a close ally introduced him to his doom.

George and Hanna were in the data room area going over files. They turned to see who had walked in when the door shut. Smiles came across their face.

George: "Cammy! We missed you!"
Cammy: "I missed you too. And I’m going to miss you a lot more soon!"
Hanna: "What? You just got here. You don’t have to keep fighting so often, you know? We need you here."
Cammy: "Forgive me."
Hanna and George: “Huh???”

With blinding speed, Cammy instantly dropped them both. Fortunately for them, they were dead long before the idea of betrayal could enter their minds. No pain. No confusion. Just an instant death. Cammy then completely destroyed the computer containing the files on everything related to Shadaloo, Bison, S.I.N., and various other things. There was only 1 target left. He wasn’t there at the moment, but he’d be returning soon enough.

A few hrs pass by and Colonel Wolfman returned to HQ. Everything seemed normal for awhile. No activity was taking place, so that seemed off. Outside of that, nothing unusual in particular. That is, until he decides to enter the data room to find a demolished computer along with Hanna and George.

Wolfman: “Who could’ve done this? Why would anyone do this?!”

In that moment, Cammy drops from the ceiling, kneeing Wolfman and dislocating his shoulder. The pain was excruciating.

Wolfman: "Ahhhh…Cam…Cammy? What…is going on? Your eyes…You’re not Cammy. Did you kill them?"
Cammy: "I released them from their pain. The world’s pain. I didn’t kill anyone. They’re all apart of me now."
Wolfman: "Why are you doing this to US?!! We’re your family. We love you! Please stop this."
Cammy: "I’m grateful. It’s because of you that I’ve been able to attain power I never imagined I could comprehend."
Wolfman: "Power? Your state of mind is supposed to be your power. Your duty to protect is your power. Not this crap!"
Cammy: "For being so kind to me, I’ll grant you a swift death. You can rest knowing Delta Red will be in my hands now!"
Wolfman: “Forgive me.”

Wolfman attempts to shoot Cammy, but she dodges with ease

Wolfman: "Impossible."
Cammy: “Did you think such a useless trick would work? Now instead of being merciful, I’m going to be merciless. Farewell, Colonel!”

Cammy got into her Spiral Arrow motion, only this time she turned into a purple embodiment of an arrow. This tore right through Wolfman, who fell to the floor in a bloody mess.

Cammy: “All targets have been eliminated!”

In that moment, she began to communicate with the one who had her under control

Cammy: "Where to next?"
Bison: "That will be all for today. You’ve done well, Killer Bee. It’s nice to have you by my side again. We’ll take this world over inch by inch."
Cammy: "Yes, sir."
Bison: "Soon there’ll be another tournament taking place. One ran by that Karin Kanzuki. Your orders are to find and kill her. Nothing less."
Cammy: "Understood, sir."
Bison: “Very well. Now return to your normal activities.”

Cammy eyes return to normal. The darkness over her disappears altogether.

Cammy: “Where am I? I can’t remember anything. Co…Colonel Wolfman?! No. What happened? Why do I have blood on me!!!”

Cammy begins to cry as she begins to understand what took place.

Cammy: “No. No. No. No. I killed him!! Thi…this can’t be! Why? I’m so sorry, Colonel. Forgive me.”

Cammy goes through the building and finds all of her dead comrades.

Cammy: “I killed them all. I hate myself for this. I’m so sorry, everyone. I hate him. It’s his doing. I will find him…and I will kill him. Bison. I’ll avenge you all!”

Before she could exit, the door leading to the outside blew open. A small animal walked in. A cat.

Cammy: “Kitten? What are you doing here? How did you destroy the door like that?”

The cat walks up to Cammy, leans on her as if it was craving human touch, then knocked her to the floor.

Cammy: "What the?!!"
Cat: "Yours is a uni…unique soul. One that I…I ab…absolutely desire."
Cammy: "Get off of me!!"
Cat: “Your power h…has went dormant. Good for me. Devouring you gives me access to that power no mat…matter what! You can’t stop me now!”

The cat changes into Necalli.

Cammy: "You! No. This isn’t it for me! It can’t be! What I’ve fought for. My sisters. Decapre. Everyone needs me!!"
Necalli: "Don’t worry. They’ll al…all join you in my stomach soon enough!!"
Cammy: “Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…!!!”

Cammy wakes up covered in sweat.

Cammy: Panting “What happened? My bed. Colonel. Lita. Matthew. Everyone.”

Cammy quickly runs into the data room to find Wolfman, George, and Hanna all looking at files pertaining to some unknown threat.

Wolfman: "Is everything all right?! You look like you’ve just seen a ghost."
Cammy: "It’s…nothing. Just a nightmare."
Hanna: "Well, nightmares can’t hurt you. Besides, we’ll protect you no matter what. Now go back to bed."
Cammy: "Thank you."
Wolfman: "Please be ready for the briefing at 14:00 tomorrow. It is very important. Not a minute late."
Cammy: “Understood, Colonel. Good night.”

Cammy goes back up to her room wondering about the nightmare.

Cammy: “It felt so real. Being Killer Bee again. The dark power that flooded through my veins. That monster that appeared. I don’t understand any of it. Bison. Could he still be alive? What does it all mean?”

That baby is going right in the cooking pot.

…I enjoyed this so much, yet I have nothing to add. Good sir, please continue your contributions to this thread