The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

Itsa MvC game instead if SF. I dont expect Chun to get too much treatment here

OMFG BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That game looks like total ass. Holy shit. That is absolutely embarrassing. That has the quality of one of those free-to-play tablet games. WTF is Capcom doing?!?

Capcom: “Hey everyone! We know Injustice 2 is literally one of the best looking games ever released and that Arcsys just showed off a game that looks like the goddamn DBZ-anime in motion ripped straight from a fans wet-dream…but get a load of this!”

shits themselves on stage then passes out in a pool of their own urine

Fuck me. Shut the company down. This is like watching a formerly brilliant sports star descend into concussion-induced rambling dementia in their later years. It’s just sad.

I honestly think Marvel’s influence and Capcom’s way of handling things are equally bad. Marvel said they were going to be more involved with this project than the past, and I wouldn’t be surprised if that Contest of Champions aesthetic was Marvel’s idea.

Between the MCU dominated roster and the way it looks, my hype has dwindled. Sad because I played MVC3 more than any other fighting game ever.

Either way, there are so many other fighting games available that this is really no issue for me. The best they can do is entice me with great gameplay.

Edit: This game really looks good in motion.

Jesus, they turned Chun into a butterface

This isn’t the story of Ryu vs Bison the most awaited match of the century because this is about the end of Shadaloo in this time and Ryu defeats Bison like the usual expectation. Your examples doesn’t justify to the issue because it only represents your preferences and it isn’t my issue at all because it isn’t the issue here.

I’m okay whether it was Ryu or not giving the final blow to Bison. Your to much onto Ryu vs Bison but it isn’t the point here I’m not talking about Bison’s or Ryu’s acting and performance it’s like your just really intentionally avoiding it and skipping it by throwing random misleading examples because what I am saying is clear. I wasn’t even talking about Chun li… because that is what atleast she could do after the fight.

Your seeing this in a tournament perspective that makes it wrong because it is not and Ryu didn’t had something special with Bison. He’s just an obsess madman in Ryu’s perspective far from Akuma or Sagat and even worst than Adon. So your examples doesn’t justify it to be correct other than what you want it to be atleast like.

The case here it is not. This is not a tournament dude and this is not a rivalry. This is just a staged final fight and with “no” emotional transition (not Ryu and Bison) is a bad story telling.

I’m not surprised that what you mean to be bad and “underperformed” is more into Bison and Ryu? it’s all your focusing and centered into. I myself had no issues with there dialogues I’m fine with it that’s the only thing that was correct in that part.

SF2V and SF2AM had the greatest final moments than SFV while having the same Ryu out matched Bison. Your looking into a FANBOY perspective from Ryu that is worst than the third person perspective in writing.

As long as one of his special is throwing Hawaiian pizzas like this:

Not SFV related, but heres the first 12 min of MVCI story mode

It’s like they did to Chun what they did to Ken’s face, except every single part of Chun’s body now is Ken’s face.

Like, Chun-Li from the Malibu comics looked kinda like this, and Chun-Li from the Malibu comics looked like a man in half the panels.

Just played the MvCI demo and it’s trash. Both the gameplay and the story (or what they’ve given us so far). Capcom never learn from their mistakes.

You got me there. I keep looking at the out of game content (anime, mangas, fan works), and the later focus on Bison wanting his body to be his next one never really sat right with me. It’s kinda interesting, but I would have preferred they focused on the SNH stuff with him. As soon as they added the Bison wants Ryu element, then they added that he was part of Rose’s prophecy, I got a little irked. Over the years, so many people had issue with Bison, but he had the least connection to him, sure it makes sense in a way to have him fight Bison as the last man, but it lacks so much emotional satisfaction. At least in the animes, old connection with possibly killing Gouken and mangas, Bison really inserted himself into Ryu’s life.

Every time I look at MvCI it hurts. I’ll still pick it up at some point since I’m hearing it actually is fun, but oh man, why does the armor and metal look so good, but then Chun looks so bad? It’s not consistent, Carol/ Cap Marvel looks fantastic so it’s not an injustice 1 problem where the female character models were lacking.

30th poster… with Geki https://mobile.twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin/status/874677386041737216/photo/1?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=Yoshi_OnoChin&utm_content=874677386041737216

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCN6cZDUQAA79Jp.jpg

Remastered Sf2 poster

It looks fanmade.

looks like Long Vo or Udon?

They should have Nash instead and Alex than Geki and Gill…

based on

Spoiler

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/f6/e0/c0/f6e0c0501263567fa9d385292123572e.jpg

Leaks entirely made up by myself have confirmed that the story of MvC:I will be based on the Marvel team helping the Capcom team in recovering from the crippling meth addiction they’ve suffered since the end of MvC3 and that has left visible scars on their very persons.
The whole game will thus be an anti-drug ad.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCLJAahUAAECJvt.jpg:large

It checks out.

Spoiler

The sad thing is that there are good models in MvC:I. Captain Marvel looks good, the green chick looks good, what happened to the rest?

They probably wanted to put characters that could represent the different games of the series, so Geki represents SFI, Karin represents Alpha, Gill represents III, Juri represents IV, Lion-Akuma represents V, Bison represents II while Chun and Ryu take the center as protagonists.

Capcom probably made Chun ugly to make Captain Marvel look good because apparently, Marvel hasn’t been lately.

Just more proof japanese should never try to go for a more western-friendly art shit, everything bad ever start like this lol

Less than 24h after

The Cestus Curse strike fast and fierce.

@Cestus can not only edit images…apparently he can edit reality.