The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

Does…does he do shit in some other thread somewhere? I feel like he gets banned a lot.

He posts in the “Americuh fuck yeah” thread in General Disc. @Pertho can you please enlighten us on the situation with @YagamiFire . He’s a fine gentleman and long time contributor. Hopefully this is temporary.

he’s gone again hope his coming back.

SPOLIERS AHEAD

so here’s what going to happen:
We’re going to the new continet of Ala Migho where Bison is commanding the Legion in concert with Darth Sidius, their plan is to resurrect a tree that is grown from a seed that changes dinamycally as the story progresses.
The heroes from Tristram join the battle at watchpoint gibraltar where an horde of poporing is fighting against Cammy, Devil Jin and Sol Badguy.
Urien is pissed at this turn of events and is currently plotting behind the scenes with the help of Dr. Claw, but the maverik hunters are already aware of the plan and have started collecting stars on the rainbow road, the only problem is the Junction system is making them lose their memory.

Wait…what happened to Yagami Fire? :s

Agree with all of this and the costume stuff.

I’m agree with Kollin didn’t respect Urien however being part of the Secret Society where his favorable master ruled she had to follow but I think she would be the like that Urien cannot trust and betray Urien even she is intimidated by Urien because her loyalty is to Gill that help and save her.

I’m not good in script writing with dialogues and conversation like doctrinedark does and the same with re-telling with limited stuff, mostly agree with everyone had said and pointed out earlier for the costume stuff.

Things that should be Remove: - What should have been happened instead.

[list=1]
[] No Kanzuki Ninjas vs Bison - Why because I think that should have been the part where Ken, Cammy and Chun li tried to fight Bison but instead remove because it’s like Bison retreating and out numbered or Bison just waiting for the black moon be completed.
[list]
[
] How did the Kanzuki Ninja managed to sneak in to go directly to Bison easily than the likes of Ibuki and Karin?
[*] I suspect that scene was remove and re-written that should have been where Ken, Cammy and Chun li tried to fight Bison.
[/list]

[*] No Fang hanging scene that made his poison cause him to fall - that guy(fang) is pressing computers and holding objects with his hand how come he didn’t have control on it. Marz speech should have been finished not on that situation.

[] No Phantom Bison or hologram vs Nash - instead make it a flashback battle that is he is trying to recall or remember the battle.
[
] No Fang vs Chun li - instead add a scene like Fangs hand popping up from falling debris.

[/list]

It I would given a chance to expand and add a scene.[list=1]
[] Make Byron disagree and disapprove - Guile wishes to used the military to infiltrate to Shadaloo base, This made Guile to find and ask some other help to other martial artist. To make Byron model somehow important and had sense while it also answer why Guile isn’t having a military with him.
[
] Make Guile the lead of operation - to raid Shadaloo and then make Karin someone generous to offer her some help and resources.
[] Make Charlie, Guile and Abel conversation together make sense - I know a lot had point this out already in the past.
[
] Ryu vs Necali. Had almost similar thoughts with Cestus but it should be in the before the Bison match and took place in final Shadaloo Raid along with Dhalsim make Dhalsim defeated and Ryu to beat Necali finally instead of the rooftop of Kanzuki Mansion.
[] Let Dhalsim guide Ryu - to the location of Bison in the Shadaloo base where the Final Battle in the Shadaloo Raid will occur. Where Bison and Ryu fights to finish the Job.
[
] Make the black moons be completed - then later stop by Rashid using a the secret command to abort.
[] Make Guile first to reach and had a match with Bison -then had Bison win it, then latter interupted by Cammy , Ken, Chun li, that makes him retreats towards to complete his Black moon device or machine something where he is followed by Nash. Like the SFV intro.
[
] No Hadouken Protections from debris instead make Dhalsim teleport the child or do that kind of stuff not Ryu.
[/list]

We both agree with the same idea but different in terms. I always thought of Ryu is someone that seeks self improvement and self-betterment through fighting since before it’s not just improvement it’s self-improvement.

Humanity is a loosely term, it can be social, majority and etc. I believe Capcom intended this and would lead to this.

It’s like a modern day hipster that is bandwagoning, debating and fighting without specific understanding and exact scope for an broad idea, political correctness and vague causes using it as a way to provoke/challenge/mock another person that has different ideology than him or simply to be easily appreciated, it’s kinda annoying for someone using a term for an instant impression of good by compromising with the interest of a majority from a society/trendy.

It’s not the term that Kenshiro and Ryu of the past will speak or a martial artist raise in a dojo not in a school that would speak about to defend the weak.

There are other concept of values besides the idea of master’s teaching stuff that suits and more appropriate term for Ryu to used than the continuous brag of the term humanity.

This are principles, virtue and morals that should have been a better choice of words and straight forward. They would be easy to reflect sacrifice and not something that is favorable to the odds.

While the weak, oppress and abuse should be the right and specific term when defending someone against someone stronger and powerful.

I think it’s just me cause. I’m not fond with good equals humanity, many, society and majority, because it’s a broad terms that can be easily corrupted and mislead. That’s why I dislike Capcom using the term for Ryu, I know where this would lead into, I hope this won’t be a Superman or western Goku thing.

I’d give Xiayu and Noembelu some fights. No way März needed 3 different ones, she could’ve had the last one and still died a hero.

http://i.imgur.com/fn16WHT.png

http://i.imgur.com/LNeLKqa.png

http://i.imgur.com/NT2M5mg.png

http://i.imgur.com/c1bHHe9.png

http://i.imgur.com/qTTMQgT.png

http://i.imgur.com/ftyGlFR.png

Needs more Dic.

He said some real dumb shit about abortion lmao

Really? Oy…

I stay away from Religion, Politics, and Abortion.

Same, unless it’s on the lore table.

That trifecta mentioned is just a breeding ground for a SnH cesspit

@The_Shakunetsu

Cool post bro, i split in parts

1- I will have been so ok with this

2- i think they wanted replicate the “corrosive effect” of when he destroyed Sean’s portable console… let’s suppose that his hands/nails work like snakes fangs, and emit poison under pressure (like hanging with the weight of 2 peoples… LOL at “2” killing him)

3- Well, fight needed to happen in the present as “new body” motory test… but now that we have a Kolin moveset, they could easily re-adapt into Kolin offering herself as a sparring partner for him… like having to take out 75% of her Health.
Or an “Eleven” being used as weaker Bison mimic, like Urien vs “himself” in his own Story Mode (i like more the Kolin option though)

1- This simple solution will fix one of ASF biggest bullshit, Bravo

2- This simple solution will fix THE ASF biggest bullcrap, Bravox3

3- YES, after all that SF4 build up for them 3 to be in the same scene it was a incredibly weak

4- Well, we more or less agree here too.
But instead having Sim lose to Nec, i will have just appreciated Sim recognizing that fight Necalli was Ryu’s duty for many reasons.
That fight allowed Ryu to defeat his inner demons, allowing him to reach Bison with the clean spirit that was an essential

5- This will have been cool and gave more of that Master Dhalsim role that looked promising at start but got quickly lost during ASF.
Will have been also insanely cool see Ryu and Sim reaching Bison, and Bison immediately engage a psychic-level battle without a finger be moved, with the Yoga Master getting quickly squashed (as good Sim is, the moon make Bison a “giant” psyche wise) and the field being ready for the final 1vs1

6- Tbh having the 7 Moons actived and then turned-off, it will be an epic bad narrative coitus interruptus LOL
If you want to see the Full-Powered-Bison then go all in and let the Super Fight begin.
One gigantic round vs a Bison with 300% HP, bastard AI on hard version, EX bar ever full, and slighty altered moveset (broken psycho crushers pls, they have the animation in the CA).
Make the crumbling version of the stage more extreme, with explosion and shit.
Then some flashy as fuck cutscene SF2AM/SFVictory style of Ryu landing the finishing strike.

Speaking of the last strike i will have appreciated more if things were switched and he used the hado on Necalli and the new punch move on Bison. It will have made sense on many levels.

7- Tbh it could have worked with Guile straight replacing Ken: Guile+Chun+Cammy and later Nash… as in the beginning.
They could have gave Ken an heroic supporting role, like him stay to fight alone (or with Laura?) a very big number of shadaloo soldiers to give others the chance to continue

Yeah i understood that we mean the same with humanity regardless of word used.
Oni want descend to hell, Sennin want rise to heaven, Ryu want just walk barefoot on the earth, and live a martial artist life

About the self improvement part where i removed “self”, is just because i believe as concept Ryu incarnate the martial artist.
If done well, martial arts is’nt only about “self” improvement (even if that’s the result), but improvement.
Reciprocal improvement.
When you trade strikes with a your equal , you’re learning and teaching, you’re disciple and master.
Ryu want literally know peoples throught his fist.

Is cool that they made him the defensive of the two (with Ken), while usually be an attacker is a protagonist trait
To be an “attacker” you need more to know yourself… see Ken, who does’nt care much what you do, as he developed an insane speed, agility, reflexes and dynamic technique that allow him to overwhelm the opponent attacking with multiple strikes at insane speed and from different direction.
It follow the simple idea that you’re slower (and the few faster, usually girls, are weaker) and at some point this slowness will leave openings.

To be a defender you still need to know yourself, but also learn to know the opponent.
That’s the cool part on evolving him on the punch-hard-as-fuck shoto, more static and slow.
Concept wise while he’s defenting his position like a rock, he’s learning from his opponent.
He does’nt try to cause “impose” an opening, he try to understand when his opponent will offer one, or even more advanced, understand how to CAUSE him to offer one
(this shit was awesomeness)

[details=Spoiler]when you realize young Ryu was already inclined in that way, dat Ken face when he notice his whole “winning” was just Ryu being on study phase, to figure out his patterns before even actually get in theyr classic fighting stance

Ryu is’nt somebody that only take, but also give… greatest martial artist do this, inspire others

The disciple mostly take, the martial artist trade, the Master mostly give.
If you think about it, the martial arts peak and most noble role is one that make OTHERS improve

For narrative reasons as long Ryu is supposed to be the dynamic protagonist, that grow and improve to reach the level of the current bad guy, Ryu will be on the martial artist phase.
On reality he’s in the middle because he incarnate the extremes, as he’s an absolute Master but with the spirit of a Disciple. (in this yes you got Goku vibe, but cool parts, no planet superhero crap)

I put emphasis on the difference because Akuma is the one about self improvement.
He ever take and he does’nt give.
He hurt or kill his opponents because he don’t care about them, everything is just about test himself… be it a giant australian rock or Gen.
Even his interest on Ryu and SnH is still about himself, he’s not searching a “dark disciple”, just a monster to test himself

Notice it, Akuma got the technique, the age, the experience… and still he’s master of nobody

The fun part of SFV Akuma story and his grin after the fight, is that Ryu’s words made him realize that despite him (Akuma) wanted to give absolutely nothing, Ryu still managed to “take” something, to steal him a lesson from him.
It’s like if this strange interaction gave him an hint of Ryu’s true greatness… compared to him he’s not a “Super Master”, but he’s the Ultimate Disciple

Wich if you think about it have much more potential… the former reached his ceiling, while incredibly hard to defeat, you need to do it just once and you proved your superiority.

Defeat today the ultimate disciple mean nothing. He will improve, he will even use what he learned from this defeat to get better.
Is fun how even after a decisive victory over him that spirit of “learn from others” seem to have convinced him that Ryu does’nt need SnH anymore to offer him his final fight.

He probably even just realized that will no more a clash of techniques and power (as he wanted vs Evil Ryu), but will also be a clash to determine who was wrong and who was right

Exactly Psycho Power would never do this, because all politics, religion, and abortion are all the same person. A Dictator God that aborts useless host bodies. Psycho Power is a great lifestyle choice and worldview. No need for meaningless debate, everything is settled. Shadaloo Prevails!

You do realize Psycho power is in the same vector as SnH, as in they both lead to the same destination.

People need to realize that all power derives from nothingness, power is an extension of nothing, what you gain in power is what you gain in nothing, therefore you gain nothing…What does that say about your power???

That is Ryu’s answer…

BAH! Power is just power, and the desire for all power leads to conflict, and that conflict leads to the ultimate battle! NOW IS THE TIME @bakfromon !!!

To dance! :party: :heart:

Pah, you simple fools do not recognize the power of…style. A fancy trench coat for a crisp, fall morning, and the finest of slacks, fedoras, sensible shoes and the silky sleek cover of mystery make for an amazing force…a LEGENDARY visage. :wink:

Hah, joking aside, I’m loving all the posts here, I gotta find time to catch up and time allowing, throw in my own ideas for how I’d change up ASF.

Okay, this is another attempt at me changing the Bison/Nash encounter. Akuma won’t enter the base this time