The Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread: ARCADE EDITION!

I remember enjoying a Mugen in a SF theme as Special Operations, Something like JoJo Bizzare’s Steel Ball Run and fanmade Dragonball Multiverse… An alternate reality based SF instead of a far future SF, Imagine an SF game in a parallel universe with a likeness of Killer Instinct and Mortal Kombat. Set in a Cyberpunk and Dystopian environment theme where mystics, cyborgs, pirates, mutants and gods can exist. Everyone has a slight similarity and difference from their mainstream counter parts.

Where there is a war between Shadaloo Industries and to unnamed organization that is know as Secret Society. Were gangs like Mad Gear, Ninja Clans, Special Elite Enforcers and Bounty hunters trouble the streets of Metro City.

Here some i used to compile

Plasma sword’s June.
Red Earth’s Tessa, Hauzer and Leo
Battle Circuit’s Alien Green
Final Fight’s Haggar
Power Stone’s Galuda
Cyberbot’s Super 8 with Deviliot (like SNK did with Cyber Woo in NGBC)
Cannon Spike’s Simone and Fallen Balrog
Dark Stalker’s Talbain L Raptor
Slammaster’ s The Wraith and Scorpion
Strider Hiryu’s Solo and Strider
CFA’s Dd and Rook
SNH’s Evil Ryu and Oni
Shadaloo Elite’s Psycho Ken, Decapre and Mech Cyclone(Mech Zangief)
SIN: Seth, Cyber Dan, Juri and Shadow lady
RivalSchool’s Akira
Delta red’s Matthew McCoy
Secret Society: Urien, Necro, Nash and Twelve
MvC Red Arremer, Spencer, Abyss, Ruby Heart. Hayato, Captain Command and Jin Saotome
ETC: Asura, Ken Striker, Samanosuke

They should have bookended the end of story mode with a scene that mirrored Nashes opening one.

Where, after killing himself to weaken Bison, he’s once again in the underworld, Necalli comes to devour him again, only this time, Helen isn’t there to revive him just in the nick of time.

You can freezeframe any character looking like a dipshit and go “look how defeated this guy is” if you wanted. Necalli seriously wasn’t even hurt after taking Ryu’s “fist of the wind” or whatever. He was just standing there looking confused. He just left because there was no reason for him to stick around.

Because in order to make Ryu into Gouken, you have to make Gouken, Gen, Retsu, etc. into Oro, and make Oro into a living fossile. Until eventually, every character people actually like is either dead, or all the same “old kung fu master” stereotype. And replaced by a bunch of shitty new people nobody likes.

I don’t care much about hand drawn endings, but i will like and arcade mode

But fuck random fight Makoto in Africa or Cody in Japan like in SF4

Give each character a fixed and fitting stage, even with the ones we have now it’s possible
Maybe some character can use the same, as long it fit. Also they can use some of the unique cinematic ones.

Also give the sequence old school structure

-3 fights
-bonus stage
-3 fights (third can be the rival)
-bonus stage
-4 boss fights: Rog, Claw, Fang, Bison

Maybe in future will be also cool have an illuminati version of the last 4, like: Nash (or Necro?), Kolin, Urien, Gill

While I want to see Arcade mode return, I don’t care at all whether it has any rival battles or cutscenes attached to it at all. As far as I’m concerned, story prologues and the cinematic story have COMPLETELY replaced the need to have that shit in Arcade mode.

Just give me 9 random battles, a powered up boss fight, a couple bonus stages and leave the stories to story mode.

I’d like the next Street Fighter, be it a prologue or after 3S, to “reset” the power scale of the series. Return back to the old days of a World Warrior’s quest to mastery and the trials of such a path. SF1 and to a lesser degree SF2 were both about this.

Plus a nicely designed Random Select Mode

Like Street Fighter EX Plus and Vampire Savior.

Vampire Savior’s Marionette Mode is replaced by Project Eleven Mode, Starts as Eleven Morphing to mirror an opponent
Vampire Savior’s Shadow Mode is replaced by a Cyborg Monitor mode that imitates the previous opponent
SFEX plus’s Special Random Select Mode is replaced by Cyborg Monitor that has Random moveset of a particular character in game.

The best Arcade Mode was SF3’s Third Strike, I kinda believe Arcade mode can exist without to much story and dialogue related stuff like MVC2 besides that SF5 has already a seperate mode for Story mode.

I don’t think being living fossils will be an issue for Street Fighter. Age doesn’t affect any of the characters in a meaningful way. I’m all for replacing characters if their creative potential has been exhausted and has gone as far as they can go. I feel Ryu has exhausted his potential as a protagonist.

That’s why he should become the SF1 Sagat. The champion against which everyone else comes to prove themselves.

That’s not going to happen with present Ryu as he still believes he’s in training. Which is why proposed the idea with him as a old man.

Yea but Necalli was the only one who had been defeated and ended up looking like a jackass afterwards. Not Chun, or Nash, or Cammy, or Guile, or Bison, just Necalli and his meme-worthy stroke face. Also you claim Necalli wasn’t hurt after receiving even though his face looked like he got hit by a truck, lost his full power mode and slumped to the ground? He looks pretty hurt to me.

http://i.imgur.com/cFoaORL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/puLYHtt.jpg

Sure he got right back up for a few seconds and looked confused. Football players get right back up after being tackled by a 200 + lb defensemen but that doesn’t mean that shit dont hurt.

Man, Necalli’s facial expressions look so stupid at times. No wonder I stopped taking him seriously.

Garuda > Necalli, ***forever. ***

As much as I hate to say it, Necalli needed to actually beat someone to have some standing in the SF universe. The Worf Effect exists for a reason, ex. Tekken’s Ogre.

He actually needed to eat someone. Of the 3 prophecized that he would consume, Dhalsim would’ve been the most shocking and unpredictable. Imagine Necalli defeats and devours Dhalsim halfway through the story during Ryu’s now on-screen special training. Dhalsim sacrificing his life to save Ryu’s because he believes that Ryu really is the only one who can defeat Bison. This would’ve been quite tragic too as Dhalsim’s family would be without a father/husband now, but it would have emboldened Ryu and his cause (especially if Ryu does not succumb to SNH from the anger of losing his friend and mentor Sim). It would’ve also made Necalli’s prologue relevant, and it would’ve given weight to Bison’s “plan” of Ryu x Necalli.

I also like @DarthEnder 's idea of showing a scene at the very end where Necalli consumes Nash now that he is back in limbo. It would’ve really driven the message home that Nash is a tragic character. Although such a scene would’ve taken away from the power of the Gill reveal at the end so it wasn’t really needed.

edit-

This is why Garuda is so badass BTW. He kicked Akuma’s ass. Or something like that.

Garuda turned Akuma into an irrelevant character in the EX series. He was no longer the cool kid on the block when Garuda appeared.

He certainly has the cooler look.

Yeah, and football players also have bones and organs. Necalli is made of impact gel.

You know… at this point I don’t even know why do we need Necalli in Street Fighter V anyway

It’s like Capcom didn’t want Blanka in but Ono asked them to add him so they went the other way and split him into Necalli (feral warrior character) and Laura (green electric-wielding character)

Would you prefer Seth instead? :smiley:

Seth is a bitch, but:

http://i.imgur.com/N6ZJxxp.gif

at least he washes his ass.

^ that scene was always so weird to me