The Gentleman's Encyclopedia: Aristocrat Edition

linking to my tutorial would…=safjljhgvcx

In my humble, verrry scrubby opinion, the only buttons you should be using to air to air with are fierce, roundhouse, and strong.

LK MP and LP has tons of uses.

East, you should add ways to set up meaty high/low game on oki.

angled jump MK is sooooooooo good

Just look at the hitbox. It goes in front of Dudley’s hurtbox (green unfilled rectangle). It stuffs Condor Dive clean and it stays out forever. I love this move.

wow east good sht

can it really? gonna try that out tonight. If it’s true, Thirtyfour don’t bother using T.Hawk again srsly.

i havnt even started using his true 50/50 oki and close s.MP mix up
took him to training mode.
Better with him than makoto now.

Now that’s a classy update.

Kombo: Come out to session more! Did Darklight turn you on to haterbot yet?

SJ: [east being lazy]Give me the info, and I’ll post it.[/east being lazy]

For diagonal jump MK, you should put “Mr. X seal of approval” just so people know it works.

And put “ThirtyFour seal of approval” for SSB since he’s trolls about how the move is worth using more than once a round.

shut up srsly

SSB is a nice mixup to throw around, you can’t deny that, throwing it in helps to be less predictable.

Would it be possible to also get a list of if:

LP MP TC-to whatever
MK HK cutoff TC-to whatever
LK MK cutoff TC-to whatever

whiffs on certain characters?

That would be incredible.

People say you should use the jab strong tc, I disagree. The only target combo that I think has any real good use is crouch short xx st. forward, and that will work on everyone if you’re in range.

I use the st.LP ~ st.MP target combo on characters who st.LP will hit crouching, like Fei and Boxer. You can buffer Ultra 1 underneath it to catch backdashes or LK Chicken Wings. And as it is a target combo, you have ages to hit confirm it into st.HK on hit for a big combo.

Other than that. Ummm… the 1 2 3 combo vs the characters you can link st.HK into it with is great for buffering Ultra underneath as well.

Just something to point out for the os’s in the beginning. The crouch jab xx crouch jab + crouch forward OS doesn’t have to be done meaty. Also, almost all the OS’s involving normals will whiff off level 2 FADC against any decent backdash.

Is it a bad thing to do random focus attacks and dash cancel in matches because i find it a habit of mine.

It depends on the situation. If you do something like FADC under a jump-in it’s actually pretty useful.

I tried looking around to see if there was any invincibility information on Dudley’s moves but I couldn’t find any. Since I have the AE mook now, I figured I’d share some of the listed frame data changes from Super to AE, and some of the notes for the moves.

I’m basing the changes off what’s listed in the SRK wiki and the AE mook.
My Japanese is bit shoddy, but here:

-st. hk now has 15 recovery frames down from 18. Move is now +0 on block / +2 on hit (same as before). Forces stand on hit.
-cr.mk now has 5 active frames up from 3
-f+lp has 10 frames of recovery (I don’t think this changed, there’s just a typo in the wiki)
-f+mp reduced startup to 7 from 9
-mp or f+mk -> mk ->hp target combo is now +3 on hit up from +1
-cr.lk->cr.mp->cr.hp is now +4 on hit up from +2. forces stand
-mk->hk->hp target combo is now +4 on hit from +2
-lk->mk–mp->hp is now +4 on hit from +2

-lp jet upper is now -11 on block down from -16. throw invincible 1-7, airborne frame 7, puts opponent in juggle state on hit, [] refers to active frames 3-7
-mp jet upper is now -21 on block down from -26. throw invincible 1-7, airborne frame 7, puts opponent in juggle state on hit, [] refers to active frames 3-14

Some additional notes from moves that didn’t change frame wise (no idea if notes changed)
-st.mk - forces stand on ground hit
-cr.mk - hard knockdown on hit
-cr.hk - puts opponent in juggle state on hit, can juggle
-st.mk - forces stand on ground hit
-cr.hp - forces stand on ground hit
-nj.hk - hard knockdown on air hit
-jf.hk - hard knockdown on air hit
-f+mk (kidney blow) is +6 on crouching hit (normally +5)
-jumping normals all have projectile invincibility until active frames end (almost everybody has this)
-f+hk (dart shot) - hard knockdown on air hit
-cr.lk -> mk target combo forces stand on hit
-f+hk->mk target combo forces stand on hit
-lp->mp->mk target combo forces stand on hit
-mp or f+mk -> mk target combo forces stand on hit
-hp jet upper - throw invincible 1-6, airborne frame 6, puts opponent in juggle state on hit, 2nd hit can juggle, [] refers to active frames 2-18 of the second hit
-ex jet upper - invincible 1-5, airborne 6, puts opponent in juggle state on hit, 2nd hit can juggle

-all versions of mgb - ground hit forces stand, air hit puts in juggle state, can juggle
-ex mgb - hits 1-6 force stand on ground hit and puts opponent in juggle state on air hit, puts opponent in juggle state, can juggle
-cross counter (a bunch of notes i can’t read from frame 3, probably about how the counter works), puts opponent in juggle state on hit, something about +60 dmg (probably what was absorbed), active frames for light:69, med:49, hard: 29
-ex cross counter (same as above, but from frames 3-31). 1st hit something about + 50 dmg, 2nd and 3rd hits are 50 dmg.

-lp short swing blow - throw invincible 1-9, puts opponent in juggle state on air hit or counterhit
-mp ssb - same as above, but throw invincible 1-11
-hp ssb - same as above, but throw invincible 1-13
-ex ssb - throw invincible 1-23, 1st and 2nd hits force stand on ground hit, 3rd hit puts opponent in juggle state

-lk ducking - projectile invincible 1-13, cancellable from frame 14 onwards
-mk ducking - projectile invincible 1-14, cancellable from frame 15 onwards
-hk ducking - projectile invincible 1-17, cancellable from frame 18 onwards
-ex ducking - lasts 17 total frames, projectile invincible 1-15, cancellable from frame 4 onwards

-ducking straight - puts opponent in juggle state on air hit, armor breaking, can juggle
-duciking upper - upper body (strike and projectile) invincibility frames 1-5, puts opponent in juggle state on air hit, can juggle, forces stand on ground hit

-thunderbolt - strike invincibility 1-9, airborne 10-42, hard knockdown on hit, damage for lp is 4060, mp is 5070, hp is 60*80, charge 55 frames
-ex thunderbolt - invincible 1-9, airborne 10-42, hard knockdown on hit, (something I can’t understand), charge 55 frames

super combo - now does 5030304015x10*50 damage (changed the order, or it’s a typo),invincible 1-9, airborne 4-25, 33-67, 84 onwards, puts opponent in juggle state on hit, can juggle, (something like 5th hit doesn’t come out on guard)

u1 - now does 45x5 * 15x6 * 185 damage (500 total), invincible 1-9, projectile invincible frame 10, hard knockdown on hit, (something about the 7th hit)
u2 - now does 54x6[440] damage, invincible 1-9, hard knockdown on hit, armor break, can juggle, (something else about juggling), (something else), [] refers to some other damage

Whew. Apologies for the lack of organization. The target combos were a mess to sort out. Hope this helps tho

This will be updated in the weeks to come.