The first rule of Clone Saga... - Spider-Man General Discussion

The game just came out, so hit the lab and experiment.

I’ve had some synergy with Gamora, but I’m trying out Hulk to have a simpler character to play.

Been messing around with the properties of HP web ball enders for resets. Seems like you could extend this a good bit and find other setups with characters like ultron or Dormammu. I’m sure there’s far more potential than this when it comes to synergy anyhow.
youtube.com/watch?v=8ZXdSgdi7b4

Here’s a Spidey X Strider reset I found that works if they don’t air tech or if they air tech up-forward.

Also, here’s a combo that has a HP web-ball in it that can be used for a reset or to extend the combo

this game is great despite all the bs lmao

Can I get some button notations on them relaunch combos??

Can anyone provide the notations for spidermans BnB ground combo that goes to like 12 hits? I am seeing justin wong do it but its super fast lol.

Lauch, f.HK adf HP f.HK is the standard jump loop. Gotta do it pretty fast but it’s very stable of c.HK.

Been going hard in the lab to get those loops down, almost there.

Anyone else think spider-man will be real strong with the power stone? With his speed, air dash, and web glide, it seems like it would be easy to use the surge to cross up with. This can of course be converted easily into the loops. Haven’t got to use it in real matches yet though.

How do you cancel web swing?

Haven’t played any real matches yet cause I wanna get those loops down first but just messing around in the lab, there’s something about his web zip that seems a lot stronger than it was in UMVC3. Either his collision box is smaller or it moves faster, but air web zip causes spidey to cross up a lot easier than it did before.

Feels like it’s gonna be much easier to open people up with Spidey in this game.

Yeah, I just started playing online, and powerstone is legit with spider-man. Granted, not the most skilled players, but I was crossing up with powerstone all day.

Hello everyone, Im pretty new to the Marvel series…played a bit of 3 but not enough to actually get good. Anyways Im still fairly experienced in fighters in general so im just gonna dump some of the stuff ive found so far:

Web zip seems like a really dense projectile. It can blow through reality stone and hit the opponent in one go, making it really easy to punish people who jump and and use reality stone or other projectiles/setup stuff like dormammus spells. (The first part of the video is just something silly, the second part demonstrates anti airing with web zip)

https://twitter.com/GaoMatsu/status/911267364917923840

If you do IAD (Is this a thing in marvel? Instant air dash) and cancel the air dash into a normal right away, you get an extremely fast overhead. I like to use lp or lk because it seems harder to block, but any air button works if you want a better starter. You can cancel a light air attack into web zip and if they dont push block its a very fast crossup. Its not demonstrated in the video, but if they do pushblock the web zip will still connect and you have enough time to do an air lp or empty low for a fast 50/50.

https://twitter.com/GaoMatsu/status/911304575277305856

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1l2Ehv2TkE

Damn. Web zip chewing through reality stone is really good to know.

^YESSS. So many reality users rn.

Figured out it was only L web swings (duh)! Only question i have now is for the 2nd combo video, if you input Cr LP, CR LK, CR HK, launcher and etc., will this combo still work? Also by theory by inputting the Cr LP, CR LK, CR HK, does it make the hit stun shorter?

Dropping them combos like flies still haha

The ‘comin at ya’ loop is not hard to do I just keep entering regular j.hk instead of forward j.hk and ground splatting -_-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioE7XliY0X8

The web throw/jump loop I’ve been messing around with. The web ball forces neutral tech and perfectly sets up Jeda for a hi/lo/throw.

After Jedah’s wall bounce you can tag spiderman back in for 2 sets of the jump loops and keep doing the setup with Jedah. If people aren’t confident with their blocking you can force them to to blow meter to tag out. Haven’t had enough time to see my options on reaction to that though.

Try holding forward throughout the entire jump loops. Then it’s just a rhythm thing.

I tried to find out how many web throws can be put into a single combo. I’ve made a proof of concept video using Thor as the point character here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XqApTRRXfg&feature=youtu.be

The most I was able to get was 4 before the opponent wants to flip out of the combo. Not very practical since it’s screen position dependent, but it’s definitely neat! I’m going to try and lab out web ball combos using Thor’s hammer throw mechanic next.

Is there any way to “DHC” out of maximum spider?

None that we’re aware of. It’s best to use it as a combo ender.

I have some stuff with my Spidey/ Hulk I can upload later today. You can switch out Hulk to do Gamma Crush and then switch Spidey back in for Maximum Spider.

You can also try comboing with Crawler Assault instead and see what kind of damage comes from that.