The Chie Satonaka Thread

I’ve fought a lot of okay ones online. Elizabeth feels like a bad match, but only slightly. You can trash her persona with 2a and dash 5a. Once she is persona broken, you need to rtsd as she can’t burst our mash out half her moves. She also bleeds.

As for labrys, it’s hard to challenge her good hit box. You can’t grab her out of the charge armor swing. Think about baiting it out and going over her to punish.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

i like how you put up japanese instructions as if anyone can figure out what the hell that is.

Number pad notation. If you wish to play this game, I do suggest learning it. It’s pretty quick and its universally used for these 2d games

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I posted this on Dustloop, but apparently SB version of Black Spot (214+CD) has armor. Not in the beginning, but I’m guessing it’s when she thrusts forward. You can probably use this to do meaty anti-mash setups. It’s not a fatal counter on counterhit though, but you still get the wall bounce on hit.

Some nice Chie playing from reynald in this video. I learned a lot by watching it. Match starts at 3:17 and gets better as it continues!

[media=youtube]Xtc-Vbq6W2M[/media]!

P.S. im having the worst effen time beating scrub ass akihiko players turbo mashing A!!! it breaks all my attacks. Im raging right now

Does anyone know what the power version of the move do? cause i’m just curious about their properties

SB Dragon Kick has a lot less recovery, so use it when you have meter to burn and want to end with a Dragon Kick (though if you have 50 meter, probably better to end with a super).

SB Rampage comes out extremely fast and can combo into B Skull Cracker. I suppose this would be most practical when you are Power Charged, so you can use it to start a huge Fatal Counter combo. Otherwise, the most frequent use for this is to do j.B(B) and then use SB Rampage right before you hit the ground, directly into a B Skull Cracker or [d][snka] mixup. If you time it right, the SB Rampage won’t come out, but you can still do Skull Cracker for the overhead.

SB Black Spot seems useless to me because it doesn’t Fatal Counter like the normal versions do. Maybe someone will find a use someday though.

Made this to help explain some of her persona mixups off knockdown.

[media=youtube]1Yl4PmguN3c[/media]

And here is MarlinPie using those mixups on me relentlessly. Probably my 3rd online match xD

[media=youtube]ZOirqjWqj9s[/media]

A little bit of Chie casuals from St1ckBuG

[media=youtube]4LQglZDMJWI[/media]
[media=youtube]yXqO9suAqu4[/media]
[media=youtube]0hJpqHAMJ7w[/media]
[media=youtube]xm5eFZn5Z7o[/media]

Wait I’m confused… in those video I see chie doing 236a into 236a and then c… how? She does those flying kicks into the high low kick and then call out her persona but I can’t seem to pull that off, can someone please explain?

Off of some burst and AA setups, chie can do 5C > 236B > 236B and then link a dash 5C, dash cancel that into 5A > 5C or 5B > 5C. Or are you talking about the corner? You should probably be more specific and link a time in a video where you’re seeing this so I can be more helpful.

Friend is thinks the yukiko match up is in her(yukiko’s)favor. Thoughts?

Probably, but not by much. Chie’s matchups are all pretty even across the board, a lot of 5.5:4.5’s either way. The main problem with the Yukiko matchup is that roll isn’t very good, so you have to get in patiently and play kind of like a grappler. It’s important to realize she can’t do much damage to you while zoning, but 2 combos from you will kill her, so just avoid getting hit by things that will give her more distance and try to get her into the corner.

im really loving chie, but im having a hell of a time getting in on zoners…inch…by…inch. this bitch needs a dive kick…

Any tips on fighting Mitsuru? I get blown the fuck up for free against her.

I think I’m leaving Chie for Naoto. Will always have love for chie but SMP loops are fun
Lol.

I’m no master at this game by any means but from what I’ve tried out so far it seems like the key is mastering her instant air dash. It travels very far forward and is hard for the opponent to react to. Then once your in you have to stay there obviously. I think that’s her best tool for getting in. But you definitely have to be patient and look for an opening and pick your spots.

IAD has its merits but it’s not Chie’s best way to approach because it makes her pretty free to most AA and you can’t actually do any mixups after you’ve used your air dash, so they can block you perfectly. I find it’s usually best to just dash and jump over or into them; you can use jD/j2D to cover your approach if you want. From here, you have infinite options like jC crossup shenanigans or the standard air turn into high/low mixup. You’ll also bait DPs if they’re bad.

I agree that it’s vulnerable but for almost instantly closing that gap it’s very good. And usually hard for someone to be able to react to it and AA it.

So I recorded some player matches on XBL against high ranked players… I’m getting bodied for the most part, but there’s good stuff in it.
[media=youtube]KRTf0S377A0[/media] Me vs Kenmasterx
[media=youtube]jJ5dzckaiSM[/media] me vs Bananaken
i’m learning this game still.
Give me some tips if you have any!