The "Best" Anti-Airs

I assume Evil Ryu’s far fierce works nothing like Akuma’s far fierce, right? Knowing how well that works for Akuma, I’ve tried using it as a anti-air a while back but I kept eating huge damage from jump ins. Otherwise his anti airs work just like Ryu’s for everything else. Close fierce works pretty good as a anti-air when the opponent is very close to him, I need to use that button more often.

Cl.fierce for both flavors of Ryu makes DeeJay’s knee shot shenanigans unadvisable. Trades well in Roo’s favor.

I think you might be using it in wrong situations, Evil Ryus version of far fierce has a vastly superior hitbox to Akumas while having a similar hurtbox. Looking at both it looks like its only AA use is from very far though as the hurtbox on bothis still present above the hitbox, but it extends out from it near the fist. So it can hit stuff far away only without fear of being hit. It is also one frame slower startup than akumas so might need to be a bit earlier, active frames on both is the same.

This is just based on hitboxes though, I play neither so no tested knowledge here.

I think ibukis b.mp is one of the best anti airs since you can cancel it into other attacks after