The Basics Thread - Primer on YouTube!

You can definately DHC up to 3 times if you have a full 5X meter. Makes for some sick looking supers.

Yeah Daimaou’s snapback is hcb + c

Alex has NO double jump

Has anyone noticed that (it seems to me at least) you cannot buffer specials while in block stun?

Also, I noticed you can roll forward or back after being knocked down, but is there any type of tech roll as soon as you land?

is it possible for someone to make a list of what GC buttons transfer over to ps2 buttons. I don’t have the instruction booklet (still waiting for copy in mail)
for example
GC button A= what ps2 button?

Where is the frickin Tekkaman thread at? Chu’ know.

idk…make one?

well now. -_- I would if I had my goddamn me copy…so Im still waiting. in the next 5 hours hopefully.

quick question, when you first start the game it gives you the choice to answer Hai (yes) or iei(no) I’m guess this is auto save, and if you choose hai, it auto saves. is that correct?

Holy christ. Who decided using symbols, which has never been used before, was a good idea to explain combos…?

Beyond some BASIC symbols used, it’s completely alien. , x == looks like “uh … what the fuck?” Why can’t we just spell out combos using LETTERS AND NUMBERS?

Can’t ever make people happy. If you use letters and numbers, people always go “WTF IS A 236! WRITE IT OUT”

Capcom players never used numbers for any game. I don’t think we should start now.

Stupid question, but for those of you using the Joybox Converter (Keits) are you able to map the buttons the way you want in Options Menu?

A B C
D

(for example)

Yeah, I just got mine & you can. You can map all the buttons, though L1 & R1 have to be the same. Unfortunately the menu isn’t push to set, and you’ll have to scroll through moonspeak til you get it right. I’m currently using

AC
BD

Does that mean it won’t save the button layout?

not sure if this has been posted but before a match starts if you hold back and the partner button, it will switch your first character with you second.

I posted that eariler. And to specify you just have to hold the Partner button to do a before fight tag.

Just did some testing, and Baroque does not affect supers.

Used Chun Li, did the combo ABC xx srk super, then did ABC xx baroque srk super. Both did the same amount of damage. Red life 30%.

2a5a2b5b5c3c j.a j.b j.a j.b j.c

Not too hard to translate that.

It’s better to use the number notation since it’s easier to read. And yeah, the symbols do suck.

It’s very possible to do; my buddy did it for his stick the other day. If your converter comes with the box, it should have an explanation for what button is what.

Once you recognize what character means what, it’s a bit easier to figure out.

OK I found something new… (I dunno if this has been posted) But when you do a Normal Forward jump, then do a strong attack and it gets Hit/Guarded/Advance guarded you can jump again (right after is landed) and if you want to dash forward and attack again. Its like magneto’s traingle jump, you can even use an assist anytime to prevent an attack. Ive only tested this on ground opponents…