The Anti-Shoto Thread

This thread is specifically for tips, tactics, & strategy for a Remy vs Ryu/Ken/Akuma match-up. C’mon, you know your sick of always having to face these guys. Let’s figure out how to slaughter them continuously. Hopefully, that will encourage the shoto-lovers to try 1 of the 16 other characters.

Akuma - One of the few characters with stamina worse than Remy’s. A late ES RRF can actually go through his air-fireball & I believe his hurricane kick is also an overhead. I can never duck under it. Learning to parry his air-fireballs is also a must.

Ken - Be careful with your poking. Ken has just as much speed & priority as you do, plus his strength & stamina allows him to make more mistakes, so don’t just poke recklessly. Learn to parry his cross-over too.

Ryu - Learn to parry his “electric” fireball Super. Remember that the speed of the “electric-ball” is not constant. The speed that it will travel & the parry rate will increase with each nano-second that he charges it. Watch your stun bar too.

ALL - SA2 is fast enough to punish a blocked c.HK.

You mean Urien or Ryu’s Denjin-Hadou-ken (one that stuns )?

If you can, I’d red parry hurricane kicks and SA3. Your opponent will probably fear to do another unlink hurriance kick. :lol:

Actually I don’t think that’d work as well as you might think/hope.

I’m not an avid Remy user, but if you activate Remy’s SAIII on a Shoto while they’re performing a Hurricane kick I think they’ll get struck by the first hit of the auto-combo and flip out avoiding the rest (giving them the chance to wait for Remy to finish the auto-combo with a RRF so they can punish him.).

Right, right.

Akuma - One of the few characters with stamina worse than Remy’s. A late ES RRF can actually go through his air-fireball & I believe his hurricane kick is also an overhead. I can never duck under it. Learning to parry his air-fireballs is also a must.

The ground hurricane can hit a ducking Remy in a cross up position. To avoid guessing, stand and block a few, red parry, c. fierce. The air Hurricane can be countered by a late the EX RRF to avoid trading as well as to get both hits in

Parrying the air fireball is not always a good idea. Parrying it gives them an advantage to advance to you. 1. you’re busy parrying. 2. You stay where you are for them to throw or even worse, kara demon 3. you gain no frame advantage depending on the range between you and a Akuma. A smart Akuma would not allow anyone to get an advantage. Blocking the fireball in such a situation pushes you farther back, forcing Akuma to dash an extra time to rush down or if Akuma dashes early enough the hit stun disables his ability to throw immediately. This gives you a helluva lot of time to counter with a RRF.

Ryu - Learn to parry his “electric” fireball Super. Remember that the speed of the “electric-ball” is not constant. The speed that it will travel & the parry rate will increase with each nano-second that he charges it. Watch your stun bar too.

If you get knocked and are forced to parry the Denjin I suggest, other than parrying, doing one of the following 1. roll to safety ( s their timing) 2. EX RRF 3. wake up grab

Shotos have some very common habits that have weaknesses despite their speeds. I’d talk about this more but I don’t feel like struggling with the concepts right now. Very few shoto players can break such habits and they are, in my experience, the most conscious and the hardest to counter.

Ken - The parry rate for Ken’s SA3 super is really slow.
I say about as slow as a hurricane kick, but of course,
that very 1st parry will always be the hardest.

Akuma - I believe the parry rate of his fireball super
is slower then the parry rate of ryu’s fireball super. i’m not sure…

I don’t know if sean is dangerous enough to be considered a threat to remy, but there are a couple things most shotos do. The first thing that comes to mind is that they all totally abuse the crouching strong. It’s got incredible priority and all that, but for people that have a habit of repeating the move and doing that shadow boxing in case you try to dash or something, just give them a cold blue kick and they’ll usually still be in the middle of that strong and not be able to parry.

That and most of the shotos I know have real trouble with overheads, they almost always fall for them. This trick will only work once or twice at most per match, but the forward mk that remy has that seems to recover real slowly is an opportunity to either blue nocturne or rrf.

Something that seems to work well on ken is the wake up parry and throw, since he’s probably going for that strong fierce thing. I try to time the throw an instant after the forward motion so just in case they try to throw me or do a low strike instead, I’ll either tech or hopefully throw them first.

I find that the easiest way to beat any shoto as well as all other characters is to use tactics like ryo-chin, if any of you out there have watched him play, his game consist of minimal amounts of parrying but a lot of bufferring

my game usually consists of:
anti air: standing lp or
lov followed right after by a rrf (maybe a little advanced…)

poking game using standing and crouching lk, standing mp, and standing mk

when opponent is in the corner i use the corner trap i saw off of ryo-chin, basically 8 lights of virtue can be thrown in about 3 seconds (another advanced move), or regular throw followed by a rrf (4 hits)

and i always use sa2, strictly for defense against the better players out there, or if i’m close enough, i like to cancel it off of a low lov

remy is weak so you have to keep your opponents a good distance away from you

tru

i cant red parry denjin

oh ya and dont let any shoato near u that how u beat them:clap: :tup: