The Amaterasu combo thread

***Go to the All new Ammy combo thread, courtesy of drowsy 22!

We all need this. Lets figure out what her practical combos are before getting flashy into specific characters/situations.

reflector:
::l::m::h::f::h:x5:s::m::m::h::h::h:, :l: head charge, super 550 dmg.

-:m::h:qcb+:l::m::h:qcb+:l::m::h:f+:h:x5d,d:m::s:super jump early air :s:df+:h:d:s: (TAC wiff, flames hit) x3 additional times > qcb+:atk::atk:vertical jump early air :h: (hold) land vertical jump early air :h: (hold) land vertical jump early air :h: (hold) land vertical jump early air :h: (hold) land qcf+:atk::atk: 726,100dmg

Reflector launch: :d::l:, :m:, :h:, :d::h:, :f::h::h:, :d::d:+:m:, :l:, :m:, :s:
In Corner: (:l:, :m:, :h:, :qcb:+:l:) x2-3 with xfc, :m:, (:h:), :s:

Reflector Air combo: j.:l:, j.:m:, j.:h:x3, j.:qcf:+:h:, land, :s:, j.:l:, j.:m::m:, j.:h::h:, j.:s:, land, :d::d:+:m:, (j.:df::h:, :qcf:+:s:, :qcf:+:atk::atk:) x2, Can add another j.:df::h:, j.:d::s:, into whatever assist + j.:s: or level 3 super.

glaive:
:m::h:cr:h:xx qcf:l::m::s:^:m: :m:xx qcf+:h: charge:h:qcf:s: xx Shuffle 650+ dmg

c.:m::h:c.:h: xx QCF+:l:, :m:c.:h::s:, sj.:m::h:, link :l::m:df+:h: xx QCF+:s: xx QCF+:atk::atk:, air df+:h: xx QCF+:s: xx QCF+:atk::atk:, air df+:h: xx QCF+:s: 760dmg

Glaive Launch: :l:, :m:, :d::h:, :qcf:+:l:, :l:, :m:, :h:, :qcf:+:l:, :s:
Instant overhead: j.:l:, :df::h:, :qcf:+:l:, :s:

Glaive air combo: j.:l::m::m::s:, (j.:df::h:, j.:qcf:+:s:, :qcf:+:atk::atk:) x2 Can add another j.:df::h:, j.:d::s:, into whatever assist + j.:s: or level 3 super.

Also note that you can do the 2 reflector n glaive combos posted aboce and omit the Okami shuffle to go straight into level 3 via :df:+:h:, :d::s:, Level 3 super. The super will connect even if the explosions from :d::s: doesn’t. With X-factor this can do upwards of 800k easily, with more meter you can break 1mil

rosary:
cold star xx Shuffle, anywhere except at full screen. It has to be in range of initial hit of shuffle.

weapon switch:
c:m::h:xxdd+:m: link :m:-:h:c:h:xxQCF+:l: m::h:c.:h:xx QCF+:l::m::s: sj (neutral) :s: df+:h: d+:s: (exchange cancel whiff) :s: sj:s: df+:h:+:s: exchange cancel whiff) :s:, sj.S, df+:h: d+:s: (exchange chancel whiff), DP+:atk::atk: (Level 3)

mist:

Here let me help you a little. I brought stuff from other thread.

-M > H > f. HHH(doesn’t matter how many) xx (glaive) M > S ^ M > M xx qcf+H > charge C > qcf+S xx Shuffle
530-540k (estimates)

-The first one you posted does like 520-530K iirc.

-s.m > s.h > qcb+l > s.m > s.h > qcb+l > s.m > s.h > f+hhhhh > d,d+m > s > super jump early air s > df+h > d+s (TAC wiff, flames hit) x3 additional times > qcb+aa > vertical jump early air h(hold) > land > vertical jump early air h(hold) > land > vertical jump early air h(hold > land vertical jump early air h(hold) > land > qcf+aa 726,100dmg
gilley posted this from mvc3 guide

-M,H, cr.H (sword stance) M,H,cr.H xx qcf+L, xx dp+2 attacks
This is trial 5 or 6 i think

[media=youtube]x1X_qljvcmI[/media]

[media=youtube]9-R6nwtZsoc[/media]

[media=youtube]hy-JQ4PVlAk[/media]

[media=youtube]IOFJwmQ6ysg[/media]

Now you can organize this and I’ll delete this post…

i’m trying to figure out the combo in the trailer. With activated knife, launch M M then knocks them to the ground. I’m trying to figure out how they knock down. It doesn’t look like exchange was used. Please help!

starts @ 1:04 on deadpool.

^dude its S ^ M >M xx qcf+H > charge H > qcf+S xx Shuffle

It’s the ender for a sword/glaive combo. You can do it other ways too, but its pretty much the same, this does more damage.

[media=youtube]VXl7RsMNYcM[/media]

Combos from the Brady MvC3 guide. I can’t do the final combo yet so that one is missing

For better damage than the Glaive switch combo, you can do:
":m: > :h: > Power Slash :l: > :d::m: > :h: > :f::h:x3 > :s: > SJC > j.:m: > j.:m: > j.:h: > j.:h: > j.:h: > Okami Shuffle"

It does around 550k - 570k.

If you do it in the corner the :d::m: can just be a second :m:.

Also, you can fit in a fourth :f::m:, but it doesn’t really change the damage, and it will cause the Okami Shuffle to drop if you started off of a :l:, or :d::l:.

Lastly, if started off of a :d::l: or :d::m: midscreen, the :d::m: will have to be a normal :m: will only connect on sentinel.

Can’t read the notations for the videos lol sorry. Any time a combo is posted if weapon isn’t mentioned we’ll all assume you mean start out with reflector.

:d::m: Does the same damage as :m: (5) why bother? Also which version of power slash are you use? I can only get it to combo with :m: version and it’s only in the corner mid screen it pushes too far back to continue the combo.

(corner only) :l: :m: :h: j.:l: :l: :h: :h: land :l: :m: :h: :s: j.:l: :l: :m: :m: :h: :h: QCF+:atk::atk:

For some reason okami shuffle doesnt “combo” at the end, but I been trying to get the CPU to tech out of it and block in the air and they arent able to apparently.

Don’t do L in the air, it’s better to just start with M in an air combo.

I was going for “lots of hits” not damage scaling.

I just found the NASTIEST corner reset.

(in Glaive) :l: :m: :s: j.:l: :l: :m: :m: :s: df+:h: xx QCF+:l: j.:l: :s: TIME TO GUESS!

The first S slams them down long enough for jumping df+:h: to tag that ass.

(in Glaive) :l: :m: :s: :l: :l: :m: :m: df+:h: xx QCF+:s: xx QCF+:atk::atk: could be a B&B, its very easy to do. I gotta try to find some more shit.

Glaive is SO the best stance.

Glaive combo:

M > H > cr. H xx qcf+L > M > S ^ M > M xx qcf+H > charge H > qcf+S xx Shuffle

Does hella damage.

I need a little help. I’m having a little problem with a switch stance combo.

Ex.

:m: :h: d.:h: Switch to Glaive :m:

This particular part of the combo.

I can’t seem to connect after switching to Glaive. What should my inputs be after d.:h:?

It’s a buffer

:m: :h: d.:h: d.:m: :m:

tap down on both :h: and :m: will bust out your sword allowing you for quick followup

and hi!! first post in the Ammy forum! lookin forward to learning a lot ^_^v

In corner, you want to do :m::h::qcb::l:, repeat. Assuming you did not use an assist to help start the combo, you can do reps of this before hitstun reduction kicks in and you need to continue the regular combo.

Outside of corner, do :m::h::f::h::qcb::l:. Doesn’t work against all characters, (for example Storm is too thin to get hit by :qcb::l:) you’d have to adjust timing or moves to get it to work on those. It’s a very tight link, you may be better off with the usual :f::h::h::h:… combo instead.

Does anyone know whether that Glaive Chop of hers is a high or a mid?

There is no way to test if it is high OR mid, in training.

But since it is an aerial attack, I’m seriously hoping it is a high.

If it is a high, then it’s an even easier command OH than TK Strike ever was, if not as fast.

TK Glaive Chop>M>S>j.M>j.M>df j.H>Glaive Chop loop?

As I see it.

I’m having alot of difficulty getting the :m: to connect after qcf:l: it seems to only connect in this combo but I rarely can get it past this part.

Some of these have been seen in Gilley’s vids, but I haven’t seen them posted so.

Reflector launch: :d::l:, :m:, :h:, :d::h:, :f::h::h:, :d::d:+:m:, :l:, :m:, :s:
In Corner: (:l:, :m:, :h:, :qcb:+:l:) x2-3 with xfc, :m:, (:h:), :s:

Reflector Air combo: j.:l:, j.:m:, j.:h:x3, j.:qcf:+:h:, land, :s:, j.:l:, j.:m::m:, j.:h::h:, j.:s:, land, :d::d:+:m:, (j.:df::h:, :qcf:+:s:, :qcf:+:atk::atk:) x2, Can add another j.:df::h:, j.:d::s:, into whatever assist + j.:s: or level 3 super.

Glaive Launch: :l:, :m:, :d::h:, :qcf:+:l:, :l:, :m:, :h:, :qcf:+:l:, :s:
Instant overhead: j.:l:, :df::h:, :qcf:+:l:, :s:

Glaive air combo: j.:l::m::m::s:, (j.:df::h:, j.:qcf:+:s:, :qcf:+:atk::atk:) x2 Can add another j.:df::h:, j.:d::s:, into whatever assist + j.:s: or level 3 super.

Also note that you can do any of these and omit the Okami shuffle to go straight into level 3 via :df:+:h:, :d::s:, Level 3 super. The super will connect even if the explosions from :d::s: doesn’t. With X-factor this can do upwards of 800k easily, with more meter you can break 1mil.

The thing that throws me in the standard Glaive combos is the :h: in the second string, after the intial string into :l::qfc:

c.:l:>c.:m:>c.:h:>:l::qcf:>:l:>:m: I can get, but next :h: I never seem to tack on.

I don’t know if it’s the timing of the :h: itself, or a matter of other timings prior.

As I see it.

Try it on different characters to see if you still have trouble, also make sure its standing :h: for the second series.

Also with Glaive
OTG off grab: :df::h:, :qcf:+:s:, :s: air combo or super