Thanos resets and 100%'s (the video)

Ok, all this stuff is great, I don’t play rogue, or not a lot, but I will check this out, and why not?? May be i will learn rogue too. Also got another question, what do u think about thanos and sentinel?? Sentinel is my best char, I can play him in a high level, u know, fast fly, unfly, refly stuff, and also I do plenty of unblockable setups, so I feel like this guys can do a great team.

Yesterday a found that u can do: f.hk+thanos assist, unfly hk, lp.rp, bubble connects, fly again hk, unfly hk, pause, s.rp, into HSF, and dhc for a kill or continue into air combo and take almost a full cable’s life lol, this is mid screen stuff, just imagine what thanos and sent would do when opponent is cornered.

Also I found that when starting fron thanos in corner: launch call sent drones, sj.pl sj.lk sj.hk, drones hit and when fallin down do a lk, which will keep enemy in normal jump weight, from here is possible to launch again, connect into power or u can go for a reset, wait until enemy grounds, hp throw unrollable xx titan crush xx any super.

Thanos goes well with any char, for example with storm I even noticed that is possible to land 3 hail storms with thanos help, and when in corner u can land and air combo after third hail storm… keep the destruction going lol.

Ya I don’t play sent but I have no doubt that you could do nice long unfly combos ending in knocking them into the bubble… land and loop HSF or relaunch. Sent unblockable into the bubble makes for a reaaaally cheap way to fuck people up when u take out their point also.

Magnus is just as nasty with thanos as rogue is… maybe more so. Magnus on point has 100 ways to extend his already insane combos with thanos bubble. I only play magnus once in awhile for fun but with thanos and magnus you can do magnus aircombo into HP airthrow… immediate fly… call thanos bubble + shoot the down angled projectile and cancel to super… at this point you can DHC to ANYTHING that hits fullscreen. Also either of magnus ground throws will toss you strait into bubble assist with the right timing.

Thanos on point should be able to hit with soul… DHC to magnetic shockwave (which whiffs)… recover… and then dash up and unrollable OTG cr.lk, cr.hk -> ROM.

Just for you I dug around in my youtube a bit… and you should be able to watch the vid now. Again I really wish I had made a better one… that being said there is some good stuff. Just ignore the couple poorly timed hk throw into ruby assists. It’s a good setup but I miss timed it once or twice… (just so you know… and don’t say “hey that didn’t combo that time”) lol. Enjoy.

I almost did post " hey that didn’t combo" at the time. I held back. Kidding

Actually I meant a straight up call bubble, Hp ground throw (not airthrow) onto bubble. I’ll try the other stuff out. Not near my DC atm.
btw - Ruby / thanos have a 100% 2 bar combo. Also, Ruby can do Lk, Hp and bubble, ghost xx Ball( just forward), bubble hits, Lk, Hk, tag in IM …GGPO

@ FaRS13
Midscreen Sent can do - flying - Lk and bubble, Hk, RP, bubble hits, fly forward, Hk, RP, lk, mk, RP

Yo Madtitan-Sensei, Thanks by the vid man! It helps me to figure out the timing in most of the thanos stuff u teach me. Also u r right about mag gettin nasty with thanos, u can combo his 5 fierce into bubble and get into ROM and resets and kills, also looks great when with mag on point u call thanos run into enemy and just do: s.Hk xx tempest, which is unmashable cause of thanos assist. There is a lot more stuff that u can do with thanos, it just never ends.

Lol @Augmint: I was gonna say that ur combo never comboes, but what I was trying was: launch lk, ff.lk+bubble, etc… I didn’t get first that it was an “Enemy on ground combo”, lol, great option if I don’t have unfly, what teams do u play?? Maybe we can share more stuff

I got no-one to play vs. I’m mostly just messing around in training mode.

I posted a bit of stuff with Thanos / Ruby / IM.

Sorry for delayed answer, but hadn’t chance to coming here. Anyway thats cool (IM, Ruby and Thanos stuff). But I cant combo the part when u do: Lk, Hk, tag in IM, even when mashed tag in buttons, any advice for this??

Hit with thanos soul super… DHC to ruby d,f,+PP… (whiffs)go to the ground… tag to ironman… infinite…

That would be the one I’m seeing in the list.

more…

Can also do ruby hit with barrel super… DHC immediately to Thanos POWA(whiffs), throw lk bubble… tag to ironman… infinite

Or… ironman hit with proton cannon DHC to barrel super(hits), DHC immediately to Thanos POWA(whiffs), throw lk bubble… tag to ironman… infinite

OK when you do (on a standing or crouching opponent) Hp Plus bubble assist, qcb + K ghost (either Lk or Hk), just aim the ball forward for the first 3 hits, then aim down to land quickly - they’ll land on the thanos bubble, Ruby Heart is now standing - do Lk, Hk and the ghost will come in from the original side you started on - letting you combo the tag to IM.
Don’t spend too much time on it - I’ll do a vid of Ruby Heart stuff soon. Visuals make thing easier.

@ Mad Titan - There’s also a 100% on cable with 2 meters - no soul gem
Ruby heart - down jab and bubble, down Mp, down Hk, sj Hk - opp. lands on bubble, Ruby - still in air comes down with sj Hk, dash Hp, Hk, ghost xx ball (f, u, u/f) DHC to Thanos qcf + 2K rock super.

Wow this is gettin better, I understood why it wasn’t comboing, I was mashing a little more during the ball super, thanks for ur answer, I feel like ruby heart, as she is a good counter vs spiral and other chars, is a worthy char to learn, as thanos, bout truly underrated.

Wish I had better execution with Ruby Heart - would love to be able to do her ball super, jab, Hk, ghost xx Barrel, tag in IM
still working on it.

Some more thanos stuff - after soul gem if you DHC and whiff they can’t roll - much like Rogues Goodnite sugah super. Put the CPU on auto - roll and test it.
So you can do Soul gem xx whiff B B Hood’s granny super, s.Hk, tag in IM. Strangely it can be hard to get the j.Lp follow up after the tag.
Also, Thanos can do down Lk and B B Hood proj, mk, Hk, Hk Bubble, tag in IM … works well cos’ B BHood leaves the screen very quickly.

With anchor assist he can do down jab + Ruby anchor, down mp, down Hp, sj up Lk, spear, they land on anchor, IM tag in … can tag quite quickly too. Doesn’t work on all characters - there’s an alternat eset up.

Today I was having some matches and I was trying thanos teams, or at least the teams where I feel comfortable playing thanos.

Thanos/Sent/IM - Infinites, resets and 100% kills from the 3 chars, hk + IM xx Power takes 70% from many chars. Also I loved the mid screen reset u posted MadTitan, it was hard for me to corner enemies when thanos on point, so I couldn’t land a 100% corner reset, I need to practice a little more.

Also I found that if u like easy IM fierces combos u can do: addf hp, Launch, sj, up.hp add up.hp, land, launch + thanos, up.hp, addf down.hp, bubble hits, when fallin Hp, land, launch, up.hp, add lp, up.hp, infinite, there some resets to get there but this combo just looks great even when is not hard to do, and don’t even need to have unfly mode, unfly mode may would give the chance for more fierces or fancy stuff, but I’m not that good.

Thanos/Cable/Storm - “Multi jail storms combo team”, from thanos: S.hk + cable, let cable assist hit a couple times, enemy gets higher, do power, DHC into jail storm, Jail hits, power hits after hail, do another hail when power stills hitting, when enemy falls u can do qcf xx into another hail or u can relaunch into reset, may be a kill, even when I don’t play cable a lot he is still a good anti air, but I would feel better playing cammy, psylocke, or cyclops instead of cable, I was just trying this team.

Thanos/mag/psylocke - psylocke AAA is one of the best assist for thanos, also I did a 100% on sentinel, after this guy killed my mag, it goes like this:

From psylocke:Jumped in Hp, Hk, start rejump infinte (j.lp, j.lk, j.mk, j.hp, j.hk land repeat) I did it a couple times, c.hp, sj. lp. sj.mp psy blade xx butterflies DHC into space, dead sentinel, end of match.

Thanos/IM/Doom - Great for zoning and thanos rush down, also doing doom infinite, finish into proton array, DHC into space xx Proton makes my day… lol

The list is longer, but I feel like these were my stronger teams. U may wanna suggest me some other teams, but this is what I was trying during this days, also I will try ruby heart, she has great stuff with thanos, and augmint, u really make her look interesting man!

The quality of rogue/thanos cannot be overstated… his assist levels her up to a stupid degree.

If your having fun with low tier then consider any shoto+thanos. Can do some annoying stuff like standing overheads into thanos bubble. Ryu can do some reset tricks off his launcher when using the bubble. Ken, akuma, or dan can all throw you into the bubble.

With Ironman an easy way to turn random st.hk’s you land into infinite is to call bubble while you hit it… then just sj. dwn+hk… they get knocked into bubble…then just fall into up+hk and go into the infinite.

Yeah, actually I play most of the time with higher tiers cause everybody here does it, and u know people is nasty, but actually I like akuma’s game, pretty interesting u did mention of him, cause I love his expansion assist with thanos supers, great damage, u know, but tell me… For rogue and thanos team, who could be a good third char?? I feel like tron could help, but I’m sure u will have a better idea.

I always feel like rogue should have an invincible anti air assist with her. I use ken a lot since I play lot tier mostly but basically any time you can counter call their AAA with your AAA… you get like several free seconds to rush them with rogue. VDO does this all day hitting people’s psy/mando with ken/collossus and it seems to serve him well.

Seems like ken its such a great AAA, but everybody says that ken’s expansion assist its better, it has wide screen range so u can knock down sentinel and other annoying stuff what do u think?? I’m truly considering this team, a low tier super fun team

Rogue/Thanos/Ken OR Rogue/Thanos/Ryu are my teams. In either case I run the shoto on AAA. It depends on matchup as to whether I pick ken or ryu… normally ken though.

Ken AAA is his best assist. It gives you freedom to move/rushdown. Basically you can wave dash in with rogue… block their assist call… call ken and then just rush them down with rogue.

On AAA Ken can also counter xx shinryuken if you cancel to the hyper on the first hit. People love to snap ken AAA in… and thats your secret to get out. Takes some meters but you can also steal big damage and momentum.

Ken/Thanos is nasty also… using roll cross ups. You can also call the bubble and hit with kens overhead… but it’s slow. What I do… is a mixup of…
1.) ken launcher, sj.lk xx hk tatsu, land and immediate call bubble + kick throw(mash), they fly in the bubble, df+PP…
or
2.) ken launcher, sj.lk xx hk tatsu, land, cr.short, cr.med, call bubble + st.hp, j.hp, j.hk, land, st.lk, st.hp xx df+pp

If these aren’t working it’s b/c they are mashing lights most likely. In that case u can just land n do df+pp and it will eat their mash.