Thanos' Level 3 super chain!

i have this combo i made up a few years back when it was released on the dreamcast : i call " Thanos’ Level 3 super chain ! "

see if you can get it to work too ! it’s rather easy compared to infinites ( which i can’t do and don’t know too much about anyway ) , but it was due to creativity and accidental discovery on my part

i made up this combo , where it looks like thanos is super-canceling into each of his own super moves … but really it’s just good timing …

when i mean super canceling , i mean like not linking his other partners’ supers into eachother but his own supers into eachother … just like youcan do in the 3d street fighter EX series …

technically you’re not canceling into anything … as you’re activating the next super move just after the previous one ends ( so basically you time it so you activate it when the flashy hyper combo background finishes )
but it still chains / continues the combo hit counter , so it is one big combo just using one characters 3 supers …

i haven’t played in a long time so i can’t remeber how much damage it does , but i’d say it should do alot , if you put 3 bars into it …

basically the combo is :

crouching lk( actually can subsistute for any light , but crounching lk is most convient ) , crouching mk ( this sweeps them so thier on the floor , which is crucial for the whole thing to work , if i recall) … power gem … then another power gem … then either soul gem or reality gem to catch them for a further few hits …

so that’s thanos’ level 3 as i like to call it !
remember not activating the next super while still in the hyper combo flashy background is key !
power gem comes out fast , so that what makes the opening possible … as well as the medium sweep

i think you can start this combo in the air before landing and continung the combo … unsure if it would push them too far away for it to work though … but most probably won’t matter against big characters if you start the combo in the air …

you can also leave out one of the three supers if you just wanna make it into a level 2 combo instead also !

if the first power does not hit correctly , the opponent will break out of it / be hit into a roll …

so yeah … let me know if anyone gets it to work … it’s rather simple … just discovering was quite a thing … because of hyper canceling into another character … i ended up chaining another power gem on the first … and i thought … wow … that’s nice …

let me know how you find this combo guys !

EDIT : actually… now that i think of it … i might not have really discovered it by accident per say … since it was a long time ago ( the dreamcast days ) my memory was quite foggy …
i actually think i must have seen the computer opponent / game A.I. , hit me with 2 power gem supers in a row … and wondering how he did that … because super canceling in this game ends up with you canceling into a partners’ super combo and switching to that character ( of course it wasn’t technically super caneceling )

so yeah … i think i experimented to recreate what the double super power gem the computer opponent did on me , in practice mode … and i did recreate it … but also put the idea of slapping on a 3rd super ( reality or soul gem ) on the end for extra hits / damage … so the last part of of the combo is at least my idea … i think most of it i must have seen the computer do it at first …

^-- Wrong forum. This forum is for Marvel vs Capcom 2. Please delete. :smile:

this combo is for marvel vs capcom 2

what game did you think this was for ?the old marvel super heroes ? i doubt you can super chain in that game

just because i say the word gem … i’m not refering to the actual gems in the old games … i’m refering to thanos’ moves …

or do you think when i say " thanos level 3 " … i mean thanos has a single super move that takes 3 bars … and you think i’m refering to the old game ? ( he doesn’t have a level 3 in that game either … btw …

or have i just broken some forum rule i don’t know about ? :sweat:

Gotcha - you way confused me with how you wrote it when I first saw it. I apologize…

Power/Power/Soul is a pretty old super chain- I believe it’s in one of the MikeZ vids. It is good stuff, but been around for a long time. :smile: