Thanks for the archery lessons, William Tell!

So this is Taskmaster’s win quote against Hawkeye. My question is who is William Tell? I know Hawkeyes name is Clint Barton. And the only other one is Kate Bishop who is a female. I also know Taskmaster has form of amnesia as in when he learns a move he loses his own memory if that helps. So help please ^^

Taskmaster is basically just referencing Hawkeye as the folke lore hero William Tell http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Tell as they both are expert marksmans. (Like a joke/mocking kind of thing)

Ohohoho that makes a lot of sense, thanks ^^

Off topic here but I would recommend to anyone to read the Taskmaster 4 part mini series 2011 run! It explains where he got his amnesia and it’s full of awesome.

wait what where’s the link :frowning:

Yeah that was a pretty great story. It was funny and also sad with the ending which made me think that taskmaster deserves a movie.

I’d love to see a Taskmaster movie, don’t think his voice fits the character they establish in the mini series though. I sort of wish his ability didn’t come from the Hitler serum though, kinda makes it hard to translate to film.

That comic, although fun, basically contradicts every previous Taskmaster story. If they were going to adapt something I’d like it to be the udon comic.

I really liked the idea that he forgets who he was and goes through the same routine, reminded me of Memento. I think there’s elements you could take from both series and his older appearances to make a more adult and deeper story.

I’m with Stark on this. That mini basically butt’s heads with what was established in Tasky’s run on Udon and frankly I liked that one way better.