"Thanks for Playing!" The UMvC3 Tron Bonne General Thread

There is something I would like to ask of all of you.

Have any of you guys found a consistent way to combo after Bonne Mixer when NOT in the corner?

So far, I have a double wavedash method where I’ll do cH + Shopping Cart then S, etc. Reason why I just do S is because the HSD taken by wavedashing towards them is HORRIBLE, not one jump loop allowed (gets like 600k damage if not cornered, get’s 934k if cornered).

An easier way to wavedash after a regular throw I tried out was pressing two buttons ASAP, down, two buttons, cancel into dH. If anyone found an easier way to combo after Bonne Mixer midscreen (I swear it feels like a <3f link, or maybe I just suck), I’d seriously appreciate it! :sweat:

Ill hit the lab later to see if I can find something better than what im using.

[media=youtube]gw3fptCrcmY[/media]
[media=youtube]aIMBvlKO5cE[/media]

So… yeah comboing from this move is a biatch.

Hmm…you still got a jMHS series midscreen…I need to get into the lab (when I replace my dead XBox of course). :sad:

Pretty interesting how you called an assist before you got there. Maybe that’s where I went wrong (I notice that you, too, was only getting 1/2 hits off of dH and they’d flip out w/out a assist). Calling Frank at the same time as dH almost never got me a combo on the rare occasion I actually managed to double wavedash there…

This is something I can’t wait to get down though. I mean, H Bonne Mixer does like 200k and comes out in 1 frame! :eek:

Mm yeah I plink two attack buttons + assist after the throw. I think if you want to combo with Shopping Cart you would have to do one dash then do what I did for the second.

If you dont have an assist you can still combo the 2H into Bandit Boulder and then cancel into Drill followed by a lunch rush for some meh damage.

Will do. BTW, I finally noticed that you were doing H Beacon Bomb after the Groundbounce jS. Does that work on everybody? I’ve kinda been using the L version after jS all this time… :sweat:

Yeah it works on everyone :O.

And it seems to do more damage at max scaling (21k vs 15k). So I was missing out on 6k damage in all of my bNbs…:wtf:

Yep :3.

Also on an unrelated note:

Heres some different versions of the Flutter vs the Gesselschaft that I found.

I finally got to try this out, and now I’m kinda mad I didn’t already know. H-Beacon Bomb makes Falling jH into King Kobun almost Wolverine easy, I shit you not. Much <3 for the Bonne Mixer vid. And you were right, calling Frank in between dashes does the trick.

But…I can’t get two bars off a L mixer! It’s so stupid. The second bar is built on the very last hit! (758k)…:sad:But 980k off H mixer…which is 1frame…(XFC, Grab, Death anyone?)

Mmm I guess you would have to just go for a reset after an L mixer. Speaking of which we should both try to come up with some good resets.

Or you can start using the kara-command throws.

Well as we all know, since Beacon Bomb still forces neutral tech, hard tagging in characters like S-Hulk, Skrull and Spencer pretty much makes an almost guranteed reset on many characters.

Actually, the fact that it forces neutral techs can scare some people who might instinctively go for a air/ground front tech if cornered (AKA the place all Tron combos will lead to), but I’m not too sure what she can do other than air throws off things like that and: surprise ServBot Launcher after ClakeyD Ender, sL after King Kobun, etc.

Can you guys experiment with the :qcf:+:h: setup and then immediately follow with :dp:+:atk: to set up a mixup/reset in the corner? I feel like it could work to set up a grounded tick throw or something. It’s a weird concept probably but I want to try to make use of all her specials somehow…

Non-meaty servbot launcher doesn’t really give you enough frame advantage for a good mixup. As mentioned before, letting the opponent fall out of Beacon Bomb probably results in the strongest reset situation. Servbot launcher is best used meaty against incoming characters and for zoning.

When I get to the corner and don’t have enough meter for the kill, I usually go for a reset off of OTG d+H, which results in a low to the ground air recovery if you combo-ed them enough.

…so Tron really can’t really do much for a reset other than air throw, I take it (not to say that her air throw is ass, she gets GDLK damage off of it)? That kinda sucks.

Although Beacon Bomb’s capture time gives you enough frames to move around the screen for a bit before they fall out (you can even push them by jumping towards them). Maybe one could create some mindfuck resets with that and specialized assists…? Of course, the instant they see you drop the combo and dick around, I’d guess they’d know what’s up. I might have to jump on that later… :wonder:

So, how about Frametraps? As a Hulk player, I live for these. I’ve felt for a little while that she can do better than what I’ve been doing (mainly tick throws tbh), even though TK-Drill, Boulder, Air normals and cH are the main things that I’ve noticed give her frame advantage.

I was able to use a jump canceled Gustaff Fire (can only be done on block IIRC) into TK Drill to beat some guys who mash’d cL after blocking it (and I know jM is an instant overhead that works after it). sL still has good range, as does sM. Boulder makes these safe. She can do sL into (empty) sH-Bonne Mixer as a dirty setup (pushblock ruins this, but I bet she can call Frank during the sH). Assists like Shopping Cart are good for lockdown, or making ground Drill safe into other things…

What else can she do?

I have been playing Tron since MvC2. She easily my favorite Character. I would be lieing if I said I was super awesome amazing with her, but I am decent, and right now that’s ok with me. I have been seeing a lot of good combos and such for her thanks to people from this website and Youtube, and I hope to improve her shortly.

However, my team of Tron, Felicia, Hsien-ko in MvC3 is not working like I would hope. I’m good with Tron, but the others I am only ok with, and they don’t help the team. I have been experimenting with others, and I really like Trish. I play her really well. Now I just need to find another character.

I guess my first question is: Is Trish a good Anchor for a Tron team? I find that she does the anchor job pretty well, but want to know what tron experts think.

My second question is, who should be my third? I have Been looking at Frank, since I have seen so much synergy with Tron and him. I just haven’t had much time to practice with him is the problem. Other options are Ammy, Morrigan, Thor, and X-23, since I play them all ok.

A third question is, I always seem to have an issue doing reverse DP. Any tips on how to improve? I have done it over and over and over, but once I get into a match I fail at doing it.

You’re underestimating the reset potential from the threat of airthrow. Tron can basically as well as Wesker can in the corner. Here’s what I use:

1. Neutral jump airthrow (catches back or neutral tech. Sometimes catches towards tech (character specific)) (highest success rate)
    1b. Neutral jump backdash j.S (follows towards tech, crosses up. Can be done on reaction to a forward tech.)
  2. Jump back j.M, j.S (crosses up towards tech, catches any mashing attempts, even if they neutral tech) (optimal damage on hit)
  3. Autocorrect dash, command throw (catches tech + block)
  4. Autocorrect dash, c.L (catches neutral tech, then upback)
  5. st.H, command throw when they hit the ground (catches tech, then downback)

Usually, I’ll be guessing between options 1 and 2. Combine with assists for coverage. If they successfully escape the mixup, apply your corner pressure.

Options 3 and 4 are basically only applicable offline vs. defensive people with good reactions. I rarely use them unless I’m feeling myself. I’ve yet to try option 5 yet, because I just came up with it after watching that Japanese Tron player =P.

As for midscreen pressure (not resets), I’ve been finding a lot of success from a simple j.M, j.S string. An interesting property of this string is that it will combo on hit, but is not a true blockstring. This means the j.S will hit if they anticipate and try to pushblock it too early. If they choose not to pushblock the j.M, j.S will cross up at proper ranges (and hit, since it’s not a blockstring).

I ran Trish anchor for a bit back in Vanilla, and trust me it isnt that great. Its probably better now since she can combo after a throw, but then your only problem is Tron/Trish synergy. Those two are relatively meh together. I have cool combos for them but its never worth the meter.

I think Thor and Tron work well together after watching the Japanese Tron guy.

I suggest you pair Tron with Ammy since cold star does wonders for her, and extends her combos.

I also happen to play Tron/Hsien Ko and though not as good as it used to be, its still a pretty decent duo.

A team like Tron/Thor/Ammy will probably be a good choice.

I can definitely say everything youve listed does work since ive gotten most of them accidentally before lol. One thing ive gotten to work is a J.S into soft knockdown into s.H (which will make them think they have to block) into a command throw if they ground tech back into the corner.

EDIT: Whoops I just realized you listed the reset that I mentioned. lol.

Well you can also use use a meaty 2L as a tech bait after a beacon bomb if they think youre going to throw and try to tech. It works a lot lol.