Terrible Onis at Evo

Is it just me, or did it seem like Oni players went to Evo just to throw themselves to the slaughter? In all the streamed battles I watched, it just seemed like they were simply outclassed. I don’t get it. Did none of the good Onis show up? Did they not have appropriate time to get used to practicing Oni’s matchups? Or is Oni really that limited as a character against someone of skill? Because watching the Oni matches was painful DX

If you’re not happy with the Oni representation, I suggest you do something to make sure it doesn’t happen next year.

Funny thing, I’m considering another character change. I’m not really happy with the grappling style. Sure, it’s easy… but it’s boring XD So instead, I’m considering Seth, E Ryu, or Oni now. Although Seth may be just a bit too technical for my tastes, so we’ll have to see which one I feel comfortable with.

I know Seth is god mode, but E Ryu and Oni are definitely a lot better than people peg them to be. They just need more time to adjust to pro play and develop matchup strats, then they’ll give us a great Evo 2k12 =D

Still one Oni got to Semi-finals (if I remember correctly, could have been quarter-finals) stream just showed very poor Oni matches :confused: but still I agree with Talzer those matches showed awful Oni game but as I main Oni (beginner but still) Oni is not that safe or that great getting close and I’m always getting my ass kicked by fast characters if my opponent knows some tricks xD

The only Oni users I remember were Chris Hu and Ryan Hart albeit brief.

Sent from Hueco Mundo using Garganta Talk.

I don’t think it was just you TC. I didn’t see Onis who truly knew what they were doing…

Didnt eita go to evo too? Or was he just eliminated early?

You mean people werent able to compete at EVO at a tournament level with a character that was just recently released? Nowai…

Yun. Pwnt

Do you just sit around and make threads? Seriously, this is like the 5th thread in a row I’ve seen you make today. Just post your question in a general discussion or something.

I still can’t decide between Evil Ryu or Oni. They both FEEL good, but until I get a proper matchup compilation for them, I’m on the fence. In the mean time, I enjoy being active on the forums =P

This isn’t being active, this is spamming the forum with pointless threads. Stop. This is why you got an infraction.

So, where the f**k am I supposed to go on the damn forums? I obviously have questions, but all I get is, “Screw you, figure it out yourself.” What’s the point in having questions when I’m fed this Matrix bullshit? And I’m not talking about the pointless threads, I’m talking about the ones where I had genuine questions.

Thank you.

Cause his combos are so hard.

Lol ya and Oni’s are?

TBH its not a completely useless thread, I’ve also wondered this. Well I’ve more so wondered why so many put fate into Oni and not just went back to their original chars.

Wasn’t Shady K Oni too? Someone got in top 32 and he almost got perfected and I was like ‘‘Why…?’’ although obv. he did make it to top 32, but all the Oni’s I saw couldn’t get their game started at allll and just looked …’‘free’’

no shady k is not oni, he’s akuma

gotlyk