Tell me something I don't know about "P" Rolento!

Go on…

1. lowjumpbackwards RH is an instant overhead on big guys and its much safer than low jump down mk.

2. vs lowjumps you can just press fwd jab when they start descending and cancel into a scouter jump for a nice crossup.

3. C Rolento > P Rolento

is that because C-rolento has constant access to alpha counters (so he doesn’t die to A-sakura) and can airblock? because parry and low jump help rolento a whole bunch.

thanks for the tips!!

oh yeah the second tip i did hear about from you. you told me at ECC9 in the chinese food restaurant. its a huge help against low jumpers since he has no quick anti airs for it.

Rolento in general has a really good followup game to his RH throw when its midscreen. when rolento is in the corner the distancing is a little different. when you do the bomb throw you can walk fwd a little bit and scouter jump crossup mk land cr. mk into patriot circles. if you dont walk as far you can scouter mp land cr. mk patriot circles. or you can do crossup rh kick (whiff) and throw. its nice because at a certain range he can throw people who couldnt throw him since he has a 60 pixel throw and most of the cast only has 52 pixel throws.

and for P cammy vs A bison you can parry antiair RC psychocrusher once and go into an airthrow.

Good shit man. I didn’t know about that air throw thing with cammy. Awesome, that might be a really really big help.

LTB

yeah i played you at evolution and ECC9 and you had some trouble with RC antiair psychocrusher so i thought i’d just add that.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES, thanks ALOT man, that really helps…keep this awesome stuff commin’

LTB

RH throw… walk forward KKK land st MP as meaty… you notice delay getup animation, then instead of landing and st MP, do the pogo hop and hop over their ground body for a weird ass crossup… which is a lot harder to block than it should be.

Since people will tend to DP with Sagat and DP chars when you start doing walking jabs. Do a couple walking jabs into an option select cr LP, if they jab DP… you get free parry… and combo them when they land.

Also Rolento’s KKK hop d+MK is good for parry setups. Dunno much else.

Good stuff Cheese, Thanks.

LTB

after a rh throw…scouter jump so you land right next to them…hop on the pogo stick…then cross up with mk.

blanka crossup MK -> chip electricity -> c.HK is parryable i believe, i know you can JD it, don’t think you can parry c.MK at the end though…

anyways, rolento can low parry and then buffer tripwire/circles, not sure if his far s.MK will reach, but cammy s.HK, sagat c.HP, maybe kyo s.HK, free slide with blanka/vega/rolento as well.

edit: kyo low parry -> rekkas too

i sux with rol

Im very intrested in learning about p-rolento. Im pretty much a newb with him. Ive watched the vids with bouya and he makes it seem so easy :slight_smile: Ltb(or anyone else ) give a basic outline of p-rolento please. Parry setups, basic tricks, advanced tricks and other stuff not listed here. I just need an overall gameplan with him. He seems more of a turtle character than in any other groove.

i <3 P-rolento

it’s interesting because he is so deadly WITH meter and has so many ways to land his super, yet he’s sucn a good battery also. so P-rolento is an excellent battery OR user.

EDIT- i’ve looked on the go for broke hub and i’ve found a total of 5 bouya matches. bouya vs ino 1, bouya vs ino 2, bouya vs john choi, bouya vs matti, and bouya vs yuu. does anybody have more matches than this?

LTB, you told me at evo that you trained with bouya, so you’ve got to know some of his best tricks/tactics. you also said you were going to release a P-rolento vid awhile back but you don’t have the ability to do so. if that’s the case, share some of the knowledge please, we’d all appreciate it.

one thing i’ve noticed that bouya does is he uses standing mp for far AA, and he taps forward + close standing fierce for jump in’s closer than that (a nice little option select). and if they somehow block the close standing fierce, you’re at -7, which is definitely punishable, but it’s also an obvious (yet effective) parry set-up.

peace

rolento without RC jump just feels unnatural. Fuck P Rolento… i’d rather play Geese.

P-rolento is DEFINITELY one of the best P-groove characters. just because he plays slightly different without RC’s doesn’t mean you should write him off. P-rolento is the only reason i even mess around with P-groove because he’s so effective/powerful.

Popoblo give us a little bit of knowlege or a general outline on p-rolento bro. That would greatly help all of us who are new to him. Then maybe ltb will swing by and give away some bouya secrets.

well, it’s rolento…in P-groove. learn how to play rolento, then learn parry setups and low jump applications. watch the 5 bouya vids out there (get on the go for broke hub). make sure you can combo into his super from a counter hit standing jab, crossup mk, standing mk, etc etc etc. honestly, and this is no offense to you, it’s better to learn certain things on your own instead of people telling you stuff.

peace

No offense taken. Ive never really played a decent rolento. Also none of the threads here have a general outline of options on the way he can be played. Therefor i dont really have a base to start with. I can do just about any combo or non 1 frame link in the game so thats not a problem.

I notice that bouya ( ive had his vids for months) has a more jiggly and counter style than everyone else. All the rolentos ive seen on the vids are just flying around the screen and such. I find bouya’s style much more attractive.

I only know a couple of parry setups with rolento
#1 after a tech
#2 Pogo hop to make them come forward to attack and parry it
#3 a slightly meaty standing meduim punch when there getting up.

Other than that i have no idea

i play rolento in CAP grooves.

uh…
-knockdown, meaty s.mp, link s.jp, c.mk, lvl 3 tripwire. OH NO! thats a ton of damage.

good thing about that combo is it doesnt have to be a meaty s.mp for it to work (recently figured this out). close parry on a standing character: s.mp, link s.lp, c.mk, lvl 3 tripwire works…its just a lot harder to connect.

oh and if you dont wanna waste meter: meaty s.mk, s.lp, c.mk, qcf + fp x 3 does a chunk of damage and something like 44 stun…