Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Rumored

I would have thought that Tekken 5: DR would be the PS3 launch title since it is stupid to make an almost brand new game and release it in the arcades and a console that is marked for death next year. Besides the delay between console and arcade release will allow them to fix the game and milk it in the arcades for as long as it is worth.

But hey, maybe they will do something shocking like add a Tag feature for the console version of DR.

You’re definitely right about that. At the end of the footage it just says “Tekken” so Tekken-what is up in the air.

Is TTT2 ready to happen? Since TTT these are the new characters that have came out of the series:

-Steve
-Christie
-Craig
-Combot
-Miharu
-Violet (I’ll count him)
-Asuka
-Devil Jin
-Feng
-Dragunov
-Lili
-Raven

I guess the series is ready.

Even more-so that the “clones” in TTT have been virtually disposed of.

they could turn some of those into clone type characters into basically new characters if they wanted to, and im sure noone would have shit to complain about. make miharu and ling really different, michelle and julia, violet and lee, christie and eddy, aking and king.

that could work too, sortve giving them completely different styles of the same martial arts.

but whatever the matter ill be playin it.

Haha same here.

OMG Tag DSS combos!? (for Law)

Violet doesn’t count as a new character. He’s just Lee for pete’s sake, why make him a seperate character?!

I’d love to see a TTTTwo and I really think it’ll happen. It just makes more sense. I never thought of it as being T6 at all. It’s far too early. However, I did think “Dear god no! Please don’t let it be adventure game spin off!” because all it showed was Jin.

With a TTTT it’s got little risk if it happened. Fans want it, it gives newbies a game to get that they don’t need to have any background knowledge of as far as story goes. And, it gives Namco a chance to up it’s Tag system since the first one was a little lacking.

I’d love to see it happen though. It’d rock! And I wonder if they’ll ever add Kuma and Panda as a seperate team.

lol

TTTTTTTTTTT

Oh shit…Maybe it’s my sleep-addled mind right now, but Law One Inch~tag -> Lee Acid Storm~tag -> Law DS 3+4(the FUCKING KICK) just seems so hot right now…

i think namco kinda hinted ttt2 in the intro to tekken 5 where kazuya does his f,n,d/f+1 on the jack 5 coming from the sealing then heihachi does his u/f+3,4.and also the the grab setup between them where kazuya throws one of the jack 5 in the statue.ttt2 has a lot of potenial i just hope they add a lot of tag combos like law paul had in tag.(f+2~1 tag 22 tag b+1 so sweet.

and with this game, my love for tourny scene reemerges.

I doubt it.

They’re not even releasing DR for console.

I dunno what Namco is gonna do. SC3 is console exclusive. DR is arcade exclusive. We just have to wait and see where Namco goes with this.

Nothing keeping TTTT from having 1-on-1 like TTT did…

If they dont release DR to console then TTT2 should damn near be confirmed.

YOU KNOW you wont see the last of Lili and Dragunov after ONE game. Aracde exclusive at that.

WATCH!

TTT2:

-all characters
-lili & dragunov
-tekken 5 physics
-tag engine
-tekken 5 DR stages

theres no doubt in my mind. Namco isnt going to throw away all that extra shit they added for DR is its not coming to console.

They might even have the customizable items again. The game has no story. They gotta have something to make the game replayable for the 1 person experience.

return of the OGRES!!! the world is right again :clap:

I haven’t been keeping up with DR news, so can someone point me to where Namco said it won’t be released on console? I’d presume this isn’t like the VF5 console release deal where one person takes an ambiguous statement for concrete confirmation, but I’d like to be sure.

Namco didn’t state it wont get a console a release. No one actually knows for sure yet.

I personally feel that Namco will only do it if the demand is there. And right now, it seems like the demand is there. After all 4 new characters (apparantly, there’s 2 others other than Dragunov and Lili), new stages, redone moves, new items and so on. It’s got a good amount of additions to warrant at least a budget re-release like VF4 Evo had.

All I know is that Craig and Armor King are going to ruin shit.

in before…wtf!?! So they really might make this now, hmm, i really wanted someone to post those photoshop pics again. Whatever though i like tekken teg better than regular tekken for some reason so i’d like to see this.