Tekken TAG 2 difficulty issues

So, I’ve decided to start my fighting game training again and since online is always laggy for some reason or I can never find anyone online who is extremely good all the time. I’ve decided to go back to my roots of spending countless hours against the CPU on the hardest difficulty setting, which brings the question: Why is “Arcade Mode” harder than “Ghost Battle Mode”? I’ve noticed that I can go through Ghost Battle on Ultra Hard up to about 50 wins, but when I play through Arcade Mode on the same difficulty I get my ass handed to me on a silver plater by Stage 3! Anyone else notice this and know why this is?

Yes, I’m glad you brought this up. I only play ghost battle to unlock things (mostly endings). If I’m really trying to practice I’ll play Arcade. I have my game set at the hardest difficulty. I can usually make it to Jun w/o a loss and then it’s all down hill from there. I wish ghost battle was just as difficult.

Yes, I’m glad you brought this up. I only play ghost battle to unlock things (mostly endings). If I’m really trying to practice I’ll play Arcade. I have my game set at the hardest difficulty. I can usually make it to Jun w/o a loss and then it’s all down hill from there. I wish ghost battle was just as difficult.

I’ve gotta say I don’t advise training with bots it leaves you kinda unprepared for real people, if you know about any arcades near you I’d say try them.
Personally I don’t really notice the difference as the game is seemingly programmed to fall for specific moves & combos that the AI can’t block in response to.