Tekken Q&A Thread

^No, it’s…

LP RP
LK RK

Arcade sticks default to the same. I don’t know of anyone who sets the 3rd “trigger” buttons, but I’ve never asked either.

So I started playing tekken this week and I can’t seem to get Lar’s iSW down. I’ve only been able to do it successfully one time. Would you have any tips that can help me out? The only thing I’ve been doing is buffering the 4 after fb21.

The combo I’m using is f1+2, db2, db21, fb21, B!, iSW

is there any sort of trick when executing moves during side step? it seems so simple, but i cannot execute moves that are during side step execution.

I was done with Tekken after I got bored of the tekken 5, so I never got Tekken 6.

Has anyone been able to fully do Jack’s Wind up Punch?

sorry so late to reply im never on here…

all you gotta do is buffer a f. during end of fb21 so as you hit one or right after hit f. and then f. f. as they hit up… sometimes doing f. f. and hitting the 3+4 at the same time as the last f. or whatever it is works other times i just do f. F. and then 3+4… try both see which works.

@boy just keep practicing it, remember to let your stick go to neutral after you hit up or down.

How do you guys figure out your opponent’s habits? In 2d you have lots of tools to prod your opponent safely like the fireball and fast normals which are hard to react punish to?

In Tekken I seem to be alright for spacing, frame/whiff punishes and knowing what to do when I got a good read especially when I know the character I’m dealing against. However, if anything I do feel the way to step up for me is to learn to break my opponent down which I have yet to grasp in Tekken unless it’s someone below average in the game.

I do feel looking at movement is one way to figure stuff out…

honestly it feels like i have to learn 40 different matchups in order to truly be able to breakdown opponents. i always learn something new from matches.

spacing is definitely an issue as is having a decent ground game. if your ground game and wall game are weak, both offensively and defensively, its over. frames are an issue too. i dunno, tekken seems pretty advanced in comparison to sf.

i’m kinda having a tough time myself on figuring out opponents habits…or rather punishing what i see coming. its probably character dependent but it sucks trying to punish and the punisher gets stuffed. a lot of stuff with alisa gets out prioritized. i hate that shit.

its like the tools are there but you have to know when to use them and when to turtle, back dash, etc. etc.

its kinda frustrating but its worth sticking with the character and game.

You really have to study frames or it will be hard to counter inexperienced characters.

somebody knows how to unblock Mokujin, Devil jin, Yoshimitsu and Roger Jr in the Scenario mode??

Hey all any tutorials or articles on footsies in Tekken?

Thanks

Tekken 6: Staple Bound Combos
Don’t overthink the combos you do after a bound. Just keep it simple.

NeoRussell

Tekken 6: BR - Wall Splats
Wall Splats are important. Psst. Pass it around.

NeoRussell

why is Tekken 6 so slow compared to DR? it feels like they pushed the system too hard graphically and the responsiveness suffered, and supposedly they both run at 60fps?

Yeah they both run at 60fps. It’s just that ever since Tekken 3, movement have been consecutively nerfed as the series progresses.

What’s the fastest move in the game?

I’m new to becoming serious with Tekken and I’m having issues with frames. Coming from Street Fighter, I’m used to 3 frame moves being a quick reversal and overall pain in the ass. I’m reading up on Hwoarang and I’m seeing 16-18 frames, so I’m not sure how it fits on the speed scale.

Then I guess another question, what’s a relatively slow move frame-wise?

Tekken gods bless me.

iirc, generic jabs (1,2) are the fastest move in the game and they’re i10 frames.

Hopkicks would be your generic i15 launchers, with 12 frames of recovery on block ( I believe there is the odd exception like Baek’s being -10?)

Something slow would probably be something around 20 or more frames. Things like Devil Jin’s SS+2 or something. :looney:

This is perfect! I’m over here thinking a relative between 10+ frames are kinda slow coming from SFIV. I’ve been trying to learn Hwo’s launcher combos and doing JFSR 100% and I’m getting the hang of things a lot easier than I did for Street Fighter IV (I can’t plink even 60% consistently).

The only thing keeping me from much is that holding the controller ‘tekken claw’ style starts to hurt big time after a while. I’m not even going to consider wavedashing yet, just BDC and side-step cancel for now. But thanks! This definitely cleared up how I should be gauging things for the future!

I am brand spanking new to Tekken6 and I’d like Leo to be my starting main character. I’ve been looking around a lot, and I have not found any video guides for the introduction/style/etc of her. In fact, I am not finding too much for Tekken6 in general. Are they not as big a thing as they are for say, the Street Fighter series, which is inundated with character guide videos?

I am more of a visual learner, so it’d be best if there were video sources outside of just combo ones, though I’ve found great written info to fall back on. Perhaps it may be better to learn the system with one of the characters who got an extensive analysis by Level Up Your Game, and then move onto Leo later?

Hey Sam, I’m new to Tekken on a serious level. I’ve been playing each version minimally and had a very basic grasp on it as with any other 3D FG. As anyone would tell you, Tekken Zaibatsu is your hub for all Tekken. The forums aren’t as prosperous as with here but nearly every thread in the character sub-forums are worth reading. Like here, there’s usually a video section although it wouldn’t be too far from your standard combo vid. I now spent more time there than on here.

The LUYG series is a great start and what I watched over and over before I stumbled on TZ. Sucks they didn’t cover my favorite character but I’ll live.

Just need to know if there were any patches done to Tek 6 that are really important. I dnt have internet and need to know if there are any real important ones I need