Team/Stone Dynamics Thread

So while I’ve been focusing on individual character traits, this transition is really difficult to get used to how to actually construct a team and what stone to compliment it with. I’ve seen two specific styles at the minute, the elaborate lockdown style where you keep the opponent pinned for a maximum amount of time, or the one off assist style where you’ll use a beam, a hyper or any form of attack to assist a meaty switch mixup. They seem to be the “go-to” forms at the minute. So there’s only two archetypes in my head and I know there’s more to be thought of and played with here, so what is it? Use this thread to discuss team dynamics and team building. I’m on the opposite side of the fence here, I found the transition to 3 really easy, but now the transition to infinite really difficult.

Well, all teams are theory till they start winning. I could list a bunch of teams that could be good in theory, but it’s up to the meta to realise whether this or that team is actually workable.

But off the top of my head:

Team neutral gods

Any combo of 2 zoners with reality stone to pump up the zoning cheese to a max extent. Or a mixup stone to cover for weaknesses.

Some characters that would be good for this are basically Arthur dorm hawkeye x strange ghost rider

Team big body’s:

Nemmy haggar hulk sigma thanos Thor with a neutral stone like reality

Team meter hogs:

Arthur firebrand x strider morrigan with mindstone

Team “our mixups are shit”

Ghost rider BP X ryu
Basically characters that don’t have a built in high/low or left/right or command grab/strike
Give em a mindstone for command grabs or timestone for left rights

Team “fireballs but no beams”

Morrigan ryu firebrand Arthur with soulstone tag to get that good beam action.

Team “no supports”

Spider-Man chun captain marvel etc. basically characters without great long range tag options. Use reality stone for a presence at midscreen or further.

Bla bla bla. Unfortunately, special synergy is really hard to find in this game because the tag system makes almost everything synergize.

Right now the big question is whether it’s better to have a team that is imbalanced in some regard or a team that is all around and can handle any situation. In the past marvels it’s usually all about having something imbalanced. But creating an imbalanced team is both hard and easy on this game. Easy because basically all you have to do is put dorm or Dante on your team and you’ve got imbalance via dantes entore moveset, or via dorms rose garden.

Coming up with great shit outside of that is difficult. The only great team I’ve seen outside that so far is sonicfoxes team.

Most other good team right now have one of Dante dorm or ultron on them.
People have been lowering ultron away from the dorm and Dante, but I think once people start to use ultrons command grab it’s likely that he will go higher again. The mobility he has coupled with a command grab is absolutely nuts and probably every bit as undeserved as dantes instant overhead… so it should be abused especially with the ability to tag if the opponent jumps before the flash.