TE2 Crossbone - Electrical mods made significantly easier for the Madcatz TE2

I just ordered it last night, so unfortunately no. Really though you could still use the 20P, you’d just need to split/solder the ends to the cthulu’s header area and it would still be pretty compact.

That’s what I was planning on doing at first. Really not a fan of screw terminals. I checked and you have to cross a few wire so I might sleeve it to give it that sleek look. Can’t wait till you have a final product, really a great service to the community your doing :smiley:

Edit:
The crossbone only work as a switch when it’s concerned with which board to use, right? So if I were to use a neutrik connector I can connect what would be the two usb data pins to the crossbone output and the rest of the pins to the other PCB and everything would work out of the neutrik connector.

Edit (5/22/2014):

Doesn’t look half bad, still needs heat shrink and to be crimped but still.

Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/uv79ZPV.jpg?1

Pretty sure you would need dual usb and ethernet output options
I don’t think you can just forgo 2 pins of the cthulhu output and expect it to work

I would use PS360+/TE2 USB out from the USB and drill a hole for the cthulhu ethernet

The 2 pins from the cthulu ethernet would be conected to sys2 and then the output conected to the ethernet. (with the rest of the pins from the cthulu) If it really does only work as a swiitch and doesn’t manipulate the data there shouldn’t be any reason it wouldn’t.

Edit/correction: I’d also have to connect VCC and GND to the USB out.

In theory, yeah, it would work just like doing the older imp + MCC + padhack installs where the USB signals of the RJ45 routed through the signal switch while the others ran directly to the MCC, of course linking the VCC and GND between all boards.

The chips on the board should handle lower voltages of legacy consoles, down to 3.0v (they better, they’re more expensive buggers due to the increased voltage range), but I haven’t tested it out fully yet, only with USB/5V. With how the board functions, the lower voltage may affect the TE2 PCB, but the Crossbone’s design should isolate things if it does.

Hmm, if people are interested in it I could drum up a same style of PCB, just not in this format to bridge non-CG boards to the normal systems. Not sure how much that’s really run into these days though.

I guess I could consider a step-up voltage regulator to maintain 5V 1A if I run into any problems.
Thanks Phreakazoid.

EDIT:

I don’t think there would be a lot of demand for this. Most people are probably just gonna use this for consoles from the seventh generation and up.

how’s it looking :smiley:

Final prototype is in, parts to build it should be delivered today. Once I build it tonight and verify something I’ll put in a purchase order to the factory. They’ve assured me that if I order in the soon’ish time frame that mid-end of June completion is possible, just in time for EVO. They better, I’m going to be on them about this build… they screwed me on the pad Crossbone and they know it.

Edit:
To clarify, my final changes are the following:
Moved the 20P header area far to the left… currently if you put a 2x10 header in place it hits the JLF gate, so moving it to the left should avoid that and cause less problems overall.
Added a jumper to allow the LED button panel to be active when in non-xb1 mode. Currently they only function on the native system. This isn’t controllable, they’ll be full blast, but they will be active. You don’t want them? simply leave the solder jumper alone. That is what I’m going to be testing out tonight to ensure there’s no surprises when doing this.

Looks like the final pricing will be $35. The double sided assembly is (as always) more expensive, but the killer is connectors… always the most expensive part on a board I tells ya.

Once these and the other Crossbones are finally out, and perhaps after EVO, I will try and adjust the Cerberus firmware to allow for an autodetection when used with the Crossbone… either version.

10/10 will buy

Count me in!

Still in for one :smiley: hope you get this soon

i’m hype for this since it got announced. great work Phreakazoid

Faster faster! Take my money.

PO is into the fab house and parts ordered. I got bit again and the connectors won’t be in until next Friday or so. That’s probably OK since the boards will take longer than a week to fabricate anyway, but still.

Once the parts are dropped off I’ll be riding them for updates. I don’t see a reason why these can’t be with me at EVO, and then for sale shortly afterward. I don’t want to rush things and say they will be offered prior to EVO, because that might bite me in the ass so expect post-EVO orderable, with hope that it might be before.

Sounds awesome! Count me in for one the second they are available and if it’s before EVO I’ll do what I can to make sure a video is out. Hell might even bring my TE2!

So does that mean that you’ll be at evo selling these?

Wow, I am very interested in this. Do you have a price for these or any ETA?

^

These are going to be great. We’re all excited for the crossbones.

phreak, any updates?

He wrote this on twitter today: TE2 Crossbone parts dropped off this morning. Let’s see how this turnaround ends up.