I recently purchased a MVC2 TE Fightstick (madcatz of course). I am wanting to play on mame osx and or mac mame… Here’s the problem, the tutorials that I have found on shoryuken are for the hori stick, and or are very very very confusing. I am not at all versed in terminal, and I just want some simple explanation… Could someone post a youtube walkthrough of how to do this?
sorry if this is too much to ask…
the instal package says " cannot install there is nothing to install"
then you messed up. read the whole thing. it also depends on which version of os x you are using. ask tsphan he is awesome
- As for getting the thing to work, basically you need to install the 0.08 version of the Mac OS X 360 drivers from tattiebogle.
- You can then try using my install packages. It requires the updated controller.plist files and the installer automator app. You simply drag the controller.plist file onto the automator app, after a few minutes, it will refresh your kernel extensions and your controller should suddenly work.
– OR –
- You can edit the controller.plist file yourself. Or just copy over the controller.plist file. The instructions are all on that thread.
- Then all you need to type into the terminal is 1 command, and then your password. It was something like “sudo touch /System/something-something”, it’s somewhere on that thread as well.
- After entering in your password, Mac’s scheduling will take a few minutes before it starts to rebuild its drivers. After a while, the drivers may suddenly start working.
Feel free to PM me. I might take awhile to respond but I’ll try my best.
The youtube video idea sounds sort of fun. I might do it once I get the time.