TaskMaster's New move in MvC3?

I was just in a match against Taskmaster and he pulled off his new move shown in the trailer for Ultimate. I asked the person how he did it but he never responded. I looked at Taskmaster’s move list and the move was not listed. During the move Taskmaster stabbed my character keeping them on his sword and headshotted me with his gun. Is it possible the new moves are hidden in MvC3?

Only two things I can think of that sort of fit the description are Guard Master and the last move at the end of his unblockable string.

Here’s some footage of the move in action. It seems to have huge reach and if you keep watching you see it combo into his hyper quite easily. Looks to be another great zoning tool for good old Taskmaster.

That move is exactly what happened to me. I was C.Viper and I was aught out of my ↑→↓ air dash

QCF+S is the motion. Fairly slow, but good reach. Causes hard knockdown. I personally didn’t see much use for it.

Taskmaster seems better thanks to air X-Factor. Airthrow-> MH Legion Arrows XFC MH Legion Arrows does a TON of damage at any level of X-Factor, and that’s just a basic example. Other than this new move and the obvious implications of air X-Factor, he seems the same. A very solid, powerful character.

Taskmaster looks almost broken in UMVC3.

Same health.
Same insane damage off of any cr.L or cr.M
Same high chip damage and great zoning tools
Same great range normals
Same great utility supers that have great DHC synergy in any team
Throw into super is still ridiculously stupid damage
Shield skills range increased
New grab move gives him new mixup
Air X factor improves his sniping ability with supers

Cant wait to play him.Such a cool character.

I don’t think range of shield skill was improved, it seemed the same when I was playing him

The guy most likely did dash Shield Skills. You keep your momentum when canceling dash into Shield Skills.

Also what are the properties of Charge Sting? Is it a grab? Unblockable? Autoguard?? etc.

I think its called ‘Sharp Sting’?

I think its gonna be a blockable command grab like Ibukis Raida from 3s. If thats true I guess it doesnt add that much to his mixup.

Wonder if you can combo She-Hulk’s slide punch assist out of that move.

The biggest use I found for it in the comic-con build was just to keep shield skills safe and it was a good tool to punish whiffed moves with.
On hit it goes into that animation. But don’t expect to be able to reach through projectiles and nab people with it because the projectile can hit you out of the beginning part
(For example, Ryu fires a hadoken. Taskmaster uses his new qcf+S. The sword will hit Ryu, the animation starts and then the hado hits and both of you are left in hitstun.)

It’s a blockable attack with that has almost as much range as a stand-still Shield Skills, with around twice as much startup (it felt like it at least…it definitely isn’t as fast though). It goes into an interruptable animation in hit and always leads to a hard knockdown, while flinging them most of the way across the screen.

So it’s a safe move? That makes it have some use then, if only just for that. Although canceling Shield Skills into a fully charged L Legion Arrows is still pretty safe. I think that L Legion Arrows can be punished on block if they advance guard Shield Skills though, but definitely if you do it late against any character with a triangle dash and they pushblocked.

any hope that he’ll get a new hyper combo. let’s be honest he’s really got one. a great and variable one. but hell even thor who i love has three level ones and he packs a wallop to make up for everything. i don’t think it’s asking for too much to give taskmaster something to even the odds cuz aegis counter is no rhino charge. by a long shot

giving task another super would break him

Give him Spider-Man’s air reset super, I mean whats the harm in that?

You know what, the opening post is right. They took the last move from Taskmaster’s H swordmaster chain (the qcf H) and made it into a blockable command throw. The last move of the swordmaster is an unblockable throw so I think it’s actually more dangerous. Frankly, I think his new move is a big pile of capcom doo doo.

you hate more pokes? :eek:

I would prefer to just whiff shield skills into eating a full combo, thank you very much, may I have another?

But in seriousness, they should have added a move where used his gun as an actual projectile instead of part of a canned animation. You are right that it’s a good poking tool, but it’s utility depends on frame data. If it is slower than his 11 frame s. H then why not use dash H or cr. M instead? Although blocked shields skills into this move looks like a good pressure tool.

Seriously, he has fought wesker enough times to learn the otg gunshot with those super powers of his.

Didn’t Tasky get some nerfs?

-Damage decreased
-No relaunch from arrows

I personally hope he does get nerfs. His damage/chip output is ridiculous, relaunches from arrows is absurd, pretty much a 1 shot kill on almost every character in the game, not to mention without XF or any assists. Thoughts?