Taskmaster OTG arrow inconsistencies

I’ve been playing Taskmaster for awhile and have him down solid except for 2 things the OTG relaunches and doing jumping L+H hyper arrows as an OTG and DHC’ing to a beam character such as akuma.

With OTG relaunch, I can’t seem to figure out why sometimes they pop up to be relaunched and sometimes they don’t. I do my best to delay the arrows till I’m heading downward again, and it looks like all 3 arrows hit, but i often get no pop as i begin to shield charge. Can someone walk me through on what to look for to do this properly and if there’s any hit confirming that can be done

With OTG hypers arrows to DHC, I notice the enemy going OTG to standing repeatedly and sometimes a Beam will connect and others they remain floored and won’t get hit. How do I assure they get hit?

Bumping this because I’d also appreciate advice fo the OTG relaunch. I can get it with about 75% consistency but have never quite figured out why sometimes only 2 arrows hit, which doesn’t pick them up enough for the relaunch.

Not gonna matter in the end. Arrow relaunches are gone in UMVC3.

That’s not exactly fair. You can do an arrow lift, you just can’t land afterwards and relaunch of your own power before they hit the ground. If you use an assist to keep them up, or you cancel immediately to legion arrow (which can be valuable if you want to DHC afterwards), it’s totally legit.

I’m guessing you’d have to shorten your combos before the relaunch or maybe use certain assists then since they upped hit-stun scaling (not sure if that applies all around or just for certain assists). Based on preview videos, some assists (ex. akuma’s tatsu) don’t hold the opponent in hit-stun as long as they used to.

I use ama with task and I’m hoping cold star would suffice, otherwise, I think I’d be using x23’s otg assist with task more often.

Right now it’s based on the character. It’s key to note that chars will go near vertical after the first down arrow so if you neutral jump on chars like sentinel, you’ll see it whiff. Smaller characters tend to be way easier since their vert box isn’t much bigger than their horizontal box. As for DHCing after, try doing the L+M version if you can, makes DHCing easier for non OTG DHCs.

Sorry to bring up an older thread but I thought solo relaunches were out but I swore I saw some people doing them yet I can’t do them myself??

You can still do it. I have done it several times

So far I havve been able to do the first pick up about four very inconsistent times. Its still there but its harder to pull off, at least for me anyway.

It feels character specific and like it’s not generally worth going for. Yeah, it’s doable, but super hard to do with any consistency except against certain characters, or possibly only Shuma.