Tandem Engine - Properties Testing

i played a lot of casuals tonight, it’s awesome. after i trained them not to jump in got some good results from using it in footsies. if i could only do standing 360 100% of the time…lol

Yea, if an opponent jumps away from you or in front of you, you can use it on react to get a free BnB.

jumping away it is possible, but everytime i try when they jump toward me, they use there unrealistic tall legs and hit me from far away, or shotos spam hurricane kick cross up and ruin my plan :[ .

It’s nice on opponent wake up against a non dp character.

I have scans of the Japanese guide … does anyone here read Japanese and maybe we can get a translation of what they say about the Tandem Engine?

PS. shouts out to jinrai! that mofo whooped me up good at evo. i’m getting bored of my main (rog) so now i’m getting around (almost 6 months later) to playing seth! ;p

Is cr.hp a big risk after the tanden engine?

Yea, a good bet would be either SPD or lk into BnB. Besides that you can just block or teleport away to try to bait something. Or if you’re feeling weird, Shoryu xx FADC is a pretty safe option.

SPD after tanden isn’t a great idea because it puts them in hitstun, AKA no grab. So while you could SPD them the second they came out of hitstun, they could also shoryuken you for 15% of your crappy crappy healthbar. Safer to BnB or shoryu.

I noticed a bug with this tandem engine.

The enemy jump at me, I suck them in the air with EX Tandem Engine.

Ofcorse I get free hit. I do standing close heavy punch to lightning legs in combo.
BUT, the lightning legs go right thru him for some reson. Its not that I fail combo, I do combo but it just go thru him. Anyone have this bug before? btw this happend often

Just tested this in training mode and legs connected every time for me.

Then you didn’t catch them out of the air with the EX tanden. After AA EX tanden, moves are affected by juggle potential fore some reason. So if a move can’t juggle, it can’t connect after the first hit.

I caught them out of the air from a c.hp, I didn’t think that’d be different than from a jump in.

Seconded.
If you try to Jab Jab after ex.Tandem, the second jab will WHIFF >_<

I even tried it in actual match, vs akuma’s hurricane kick. I pulled him out of the air, spammed jabs. First jab hitted him, so I went YESSSSS COMBO TIME!!!, so i tried to link to cr.mp to 100 wtf kick. medium punch wiffed, 100 wtf kicked was being mashed from my side, so he blocked it, akuma ultra me, I cry, akuma laugh, Capcom please fix seth glitches… It even reminds me of Gouken tatsu, where some kicks are missed and the opponent fall earlier and punish gouken to oblivion. Small errors is what makes some character who have A tier potential fall to C.

Hmmm…I was playing sagat and i jumped with j.mk on a seth who did EX tandem tandem and we traded.I heard the sound of me getting HIT,but it was VERY strange and i don’t remember exactly what happened,if i got sucked in or not,but maybe you gouys know a way of doing this, because i tried to replicate it but couldnt.

tried to do it but didnt work for me, any ideas?