TAKE A CHANCE - Possibly new information that could *GASP* make sabretooth good!

I’m sure there’s bound to be things that are old but here goes nothing:

Using the double action glitch to do a cross up:

I certainlly didn’t know this before but when you jump over someone and you’ve done either jumping lk or jumping hk you will TURN AROUND as if you did a air dash and are free to do whatever jumping normal you like. (Jumping hp looks pretty good right now)

Utilizing the beserker claw

I always used to think the beserker claw was useless but now I’m thinking it might be pretty good because it covers so much of the screen so fast and combined with sents drones can actually let you have a mix up game of some kind.

However of course we all know that he is vulnerable to assists and what not but there is no way they can do it on reaction and this of course leads to the possibility of random assists calling which in turn leads to the possibility of assist punishing.

Mix up game

Whenever they are in block stun (which he actually has help in with birdie) you can do the following:

Jump up foward and roundhouse immediately on the way down do the following:

a) j. lk on the way down, c.lk into combo of choice

b) don’t do anything on the way down, land immediately do c. lk into combo of choice

c) j. lk on the way down, (wait) throw

or you can just wait a little on the intial jump and do the first round house a little later which will hit them.

OR you can dash foward a little bit then jump and do the cross up.

Meter Building

Jump back HK twice in a normal jump. I have no idea why I haven’t seen this in every sabretooth thread before although there aren’t that many.

This is comparable to storm’s super hp dash down+back hp in fact it’s even SAFER.

Here’s why:

a)You can stop after the first round house and block

b) Jumping roundhouse is a high priority normal with a big cross up hit box

c) you can bait anything that can hit you fill screen with a j. lk instead and still block afterwards.

it’s not completely safe but it’s not bad at all

Safe Chip

I’m not really putting this down cuz it’s ground breaking information but because I think it helps sabretooth. Beserker claw + Sent drones xxx hyper birdie. (i’ll run a few tests just to make sure tho)

Hope i brought some good new ideas and if I didn’t I hope there’s something here that helped someone cuz I’m pretty sure that not EVERYONE knows it.

Just want to add some sabre info:

BnB:

C.lk, Standing HP (2 hits)

Situation 1: If it hits cancel the first hit of the standing HP into a lp beserker claw and cancel into a dp+pp super

Situation 2: If it is blocked dont’ cancel into beserker claw

Situation 3: If you don’t have any meter just let the launcher connect and get a air combo.

Super Birdie in THC’s:

This is kinda crazy of course Super Birdie isn’t safe against cable but I think it has very little lag overall leaving alot of things relatively safe as long as it isn’t cable.

Here is a quick list of some of the crazy things Super Birdie makes alot safer in THC:

Ken’s Shoryureppa (expansion)
Ken’s Shinryuken (anti air)
Thanos Reality (Expansion iirc)alot of chip damage
Iron Man’s proton cannon (only when iron man begins the THC)

I think you should definantly test it out, sabretooth can build some good meter when jumping back and doing 2 hk’s in a jump and super birdie in itself does good chip by itself (a little bit more on taller characters but still does good damage on short ones)

Also whenever you land a throw into hp beserker claw (otg) you should be able to cancel it into hyper birdie and they cannot super jump out in time and thus get chipped.

I tried it against the computer in training mode and after i knocked it down i put it in super jump mode and it got caught by birdie before it left the ground.

Other things:

I think sabre has good walking speed and his throw gives you 4 fierces worth of meter when you use it.

Hey Jin, I was playing Sabertooth couple days ago and I had some opportunities to land his corner infinte but I keep messing up. I was wondering if there was some kinda technique that know of to make this easier?

you should check out the youtube video of him, the one ive seen is where in the corner he calls t-bone out then does the leap throw just to get close really fast to them, and after t-bone is out use ur normal throw. as they are comin down then C.Lk, C.LK into the leap throw ( whatever it’s called), and repeat, thats far as i know for his infinte