Tackle, Tackle, Headbutt Tutorial by Ramza126

Wow, I can finally do TTH more consistantly, thanks to the negative edge method(minus the HP). Henaki’s advice on not mashing the gate also helped a lot too.

It’s too hard for me to not mash the gate.

My stick has a small throw and soft spring. T_T

Hey just a quick tip that helped me a lot in order to consistently (sp?) do cr. Fierce --> tackle --> tackle:

drum the lk & mk buttons when going for the tackle (starting by mk), it helps a lot.

ok i been trying this crap for like a million hours is this impossible to do on a ps3 sixaxis controller is it that u need a stick ? the buffering aint working im not doing it fast enough or sumthing i dont get it

All you have to remember is

A) First tackle must be early as possible, and buffer (it’s a practiced motion, you don’t learn it in 1 day)

B) Don’t rush the second tackle. You have more time then you’d think.

Learning this, the hardest part for me was hitting that second tackle.

Like Just6822 said, you need to hit it as early as possible.

Also, it’s extremely important to spend AS LITTLE TIME AS POSSIBLE hitting forward on the stick. No need to actually hit the gate; before you practice the full combo, just practice firing out tackles as fast as you can while going the minimum distance required to hit forward on your stick. On most sticks, there’s a significant difference between hitting forward and mashing the gate. Find out where the sweetspot is on your stick.

You need all the time you can scrape together to charge that second tackle, and keeping this in mind will help you a lot.

For me, the drumming didn’t help at all because my problem, and I bet most people’s problem learning this, is just getting enough charge for the tackle.

But reading this post helped me with my sonic boom spam in HDR [=

This thread needs to stay up there for new urien players to see. Anyways, Gumpool:

First, get really well acquainted with the cr.HP’s length. it’s quite different from Seth’s (more recovery it seem), and you need to know when it ends, so you can f-db+MK as soon as possible. From then on, its pretty easy: If a f+MK comes out on the second tackle, you either tried to do it too soon, or your first tackle was too late, so you didn’t get enough charge.

Also, it’s a really subtle motion from db to b to f, for the second tackle. its almost as if you’re just doing db to f, but with a little wiggle upwards.

thanks kanta

that is what I expected also I’ve seen alot of other tutorials but they where complete shit didn’t explain anything
but it seems that you have to time the tackle a little before the second grunt amirite?
since I don’t really have the timing down I can maybe get this 3/10 times but I get it easier with EX tackle

The major thing for me to start hitting TTH both in games and trainingmode was to play with the timing on the second tackle, hitting the first one is easy enough after practicing. Realizing there’s a small window where you just wait and do nothing but charge for the second tackle was the big eureka moment for me. It’s a small window but it’s there.

Headbutt was never an issue for me at all as I do the motion of the first tackle (ending in db + k) 2 times so I’ve always had enough time to charge for headbutt. I do however slam my gates quite a bit but as long as you’re fast enough in the actual movement of the stick I don’t see that being a problem either, I find it to be alot more inconsistent if I try not to nudge the corners.

But I think it’s just a matter of keep practicing and finding your own way to do it successfully.

Also, just as an add-on, the first tackle is inputted approximately at the same time urien’s crotch becomes fully visible and centered.

Don’t ask.

Here’s a little tip; While it doesn’t work on everybody, use HK Tackle as the first Tackle, then MK Tackle into MP Headbutt. The MK Tackle is easier to get out after HK Tackle because you have a longer time to charge. Getting HK Tackle to connect after C.HP shouldn’t be any harder than doing “as early as possible” MK Tackle, it has the same timing. Practice with that on characters it works on (Shotoes, for instance) and then move to the universal MK, Tackle, MK Tackle.

That’s how I learned it, atleast.

Was trying for over an hour and can’t do it

Are my directions wrong?
I was going :db::df::mk::db::df::mk::u::mp:

I’ve been using Urien as my secondary for years, but I want to level up seriously with him now.
I either get the Twd+MK coming out instead of 2nd tackle, or my 2nd tackle is too slow and misses.

Your timing is off.

it’s :db:…:f::db::mk:, :db:…:f::db::mk:, :uf::mp:

timing on the cr.fierce xx mk tackle is extremely important. you want to be hitting as the guy is on his way down but not too low. it’s actually not as early as possible. if you do it too quickly you don’t get as much overall bounce-time and the timing will be tighter than it needs to be. there’s a middle ground where both will come out with plenty of wiggle room.

as for the second tackle, you can hit surprisingly low, just try not to jump the gun. pay attention to where their body is when you hit. watch a video if you’re not sure where they should be in the air when you connect the tackle. it’ll give you a sense where exactly you’re mis-timing things.

other than that it’s just practice. it takes a bit to get comfortable with the timing. it’s definitely one of the more tricky things in the game to be consistent with.

Thanks guys, I will be trying again soon with your advice.

Ok, I tried again a lot more today (was really busy)

New method is better, but still missing something…

I managed to do the 2nd tackle out, but it whiffs.
The new motion method is good though, helps out a lot.

I managed to hit the 2nd tackle twice vs Q, but zero times vs Ryu/Ken
I did finally manage to do Dwn HP, MK tackle, EX Tackle, MK tackle though.

You can substitute TTH with cr.HP->MK Tackle->MP Fireball->HK Tackle->HK(or MK) Tackle on Q, btw. It’s way easier.

You can also do cr.HP->LK Tackle xx LP Aegis->HK Tackle x3 on Q midscreen.

With Q in the corner i’ll usually do LK tackle, MP ball, MK tackle, LK tackle xx aegis. No idea if it’s better or not i just stole it from the Wanted videos.

It’s not hard to get the HK Tackle after the MP fireball. Q just floats really long like that. Practice doing that juggle onto Necro. If you can do it on him, then you can do it on Q no prob(Necro can’t get hit by two HK Tackles after MP Fireball though).

on q you can do hp sphere instead. comes out faster and overall easier to time.