Sword loops help

Ive been trying to get the sword loops down for about a week now, but im having trouble with the variant listed in the combo thread.

After the spiral swords im unable to do the lunar phase > RT, the RT either doesnt come out, or it comes out too late and I feel like there just inst enough time no matter how fast I get the Lunar phase out after swords.

I have been able to successfully juggle endlessly with SS > helm breaker > helm breaker > RT … but ive noticed that it doesnt hit on certain characters because of their hit boxes I guess. Most characters fall out before the second c.H.

Any tips on an effective sword loop combo?

it has to do with how you start the swords. generally you want to activate off of a cr.H then lunar phase right after the swords come out. if you’re activating right off of a judgement cut that is likely why you’re having issues.

Distance also has an effect on it but, usually if you’re ending in the cr.H you should be at the right distance.

Alright cool, Ill try and only start swords after a c.H.

Also, anyone know what the most effective sword loop combo is? I know there are many variations, some easier than others. the one im using now building very little meter, and im curious what other variations are useful and how difficult they are to pull off.

Im using SS, RT, S, H, Judgment Cut, SS repeat. But like I said, it builds almost no meter because all of my attacks are when the super is still going.

The loop I use is: SS, Lunar Phase, RT, crH, Judgement Cut, crH, SS. The Lunar Phase eats up most of the SS time, so you’re building meter during the rest.

Thats the loop thats listed in the combo thread I think, no matter how hard I try and land the RT after the Lunar Phase, I cant land it. It either doesnt come out, or comes out way too late. shrug. I can land Dante combos, but I cant get that one loop combo T_T

I was the same way for a while. I could land most of date’s bnbs in vanilla but vergils timing is just weird. Honestly I think it’s just a practice makes perfect thing. One thing I usually do though is walk back half a step before releasing rt and it seems to help.

I still cant seem to get the RT to come out after SS, Lunar Phase. It just doesnt ever connect. Any other tips that might make this easier?

Combo Ive been practicing with is s.L, M, c.H, Stinger, Trick L, SS, Lunar Phase RT. Except RT never hits lol.

Ive also tried starting swords as soon as I can after the Trick to no avail, as well and any other possible amount of waiting I can do with no difference in the outcome. Gets pretty frustrating.

*Edit for simplicity:

Try this instead, not optimal but it will teach you how to get into SS:
L,M,cr.H, stinger, trick M (let them fall a bit), cr.H, SS

After spiral swords activates, lunar phase right away. After lunar phase is done, PAUSE A SEC AND LET A FEW SPIRAL SWORDS HIT(if they are right on top of my head, I walk backwards just abit), then release RT, then immediately do cr.H, judgement cut L.

Hope that helps.

GLHF

Sword loops are very space dependent, and work slightly different on certain characters. For example, you can’t do the c.:h: fwd. :h: xx Round Trip corner side-switch on wolvie and cap.

The combo HaiGai mentions works differently depending on how close to the corner you are - the wallbounce can make them fall either right next to you or about a body-distance away. It’s important to realize that the combos / timings are specific to the initial distance you start the c.:h: from, so you must have conversions for both of these, plus many other situations (e.g. they jump and fall onto swords).

Try doing what HaiGai mentioned, and if you’re still having trouble, I’ll post a video for you. If you’re able to post one yourself, it’ll be easier to tell you where the problem is.

Here are my tips for doing sword loops (Although I just learned today I got it pretty consistently, but dont take my words too seriously as I am not an experienced vergil.)

1. If they look like they are too high up, I go for the helm breaker version so they dont drop out of it on last hit of lunar.
  2. When I activate swords, I start holding L immediately (use L/M to activate then hold down L), then buffer my Lunar phase a little bit before swords pause is done so it comes out quickly.
  3. when you land from the lunar phase (if you did it quickly), let him bounce 2/3 times before releasing round trip so he doesn’t continue bouncing on swords, messing up rest of the loop.
    You don’t need to rush releasing round trip if you do your lunar phase quickly, you have a good half second maybe a bit more to wait before releasing your RT, so slow down :smiley: