Super Street Fighter II Turbo, in the house

Show you what? Read my edit. The A2G? Suck my nut. You’re not worth my time.

ST Hitboxes Super Turbo Hitbox Viewer: Miscellaneous

Excellent.

Holy fucking shit…:looney:

You’re the man. If we still had the rep system, you’d get some.

All the work was done by FelineKI, Dammit, and MZK. I didn’t do anything, I just made the video.

Information about what the boxes are and where to download the emulators is here: hitbox notes

The scripts on that page are for SFA series and VSav series. The SF2 script is here: (sf2-hitboxes.lua)

W-O-W, epic video!

A big THANK YOU and VERY awesome job to each and every one of you guys on the project.

Soon as I update streetfighterdojo.com ST section, this stuff is going right on there.

excellent! This will render ybh obsolete!

I wish someone can capture all the moves frame by frame and make illustrations just like ybh in a webpage.

ST is getting more love.

BTW, what is the difference between blue & green boxes ?

Why isn’t this in its own topic? This is a tremendous addition. Just when it seemed HDR’s hitbox mode was indispensible, it gets one-upped by a tool that provides hitboxes during actual play.

Read hitbox notes.

Green hitboxes represent the character’s center (it’s the equivalent of the little red dot in HDR’s hitbox viewer). The exact middle of the green hitbox represents the point where you can cross a character up, is the point where throw range is measured from, and also servers as the marker for measuring how far push occurs after a blocked or successful attack. During some special moves the green hitbox disappears, probably because the character is unthrowable, though that is just a guess for now.

Blue hitboxes are simply the vulnerable hitboxes where you can be hit. Red hitboxes are active hitboxes where if you overlap them with your opponent’s blue hitboxes your attack will connect (on block and hit). No hitbox means that the character is not vulnerable nor attacking in that area.

O.Hawk’s normals are so much better than N.Hawk’s normals it is almost absurd. Also check out the hilarious stray hitbox on N.Hawk’s crouching strong punch.

Thanks!

yeah i noticed that too. need to do some experiment to see if i can use ken’s fierce dp to hit it from far away, that’ll be too funny :lol:

BTW, I just pause @ 3:06 and see that o chun’s jump mk is so godly.

Compare to N Chun, there is no blue box extend to the legs.

Man, even ybh don’t have hitboxes for old characters.

I can almost feel that there will be a lot of discussions on this forum once we have all the diagrams.

Now we don’t need to guess what are the strength/weakness of the old chars.

YBH gives you the numeric quantity of startup, active, and recovery frames as well as the number of frames of invincibility. I suppose you could derive it from the videos but it would be painful.

What is the exact name of the rom file I need to use and what version of SSFIIX do I need? So far I’ve tried every file I have and the .lua says it isn’t prepared for ‘x’ version.

Although this is mostly correct, I’d like to add: Greenboxes might as well be thought of as “pushbox”. When a character walks forward and the green boxes collide the character pushes the other character around only with the green box, not blue.

When a character has no green box you can walk through them (or the move itself will pass through the other character).

Counting frames, yes, welcome to my world.

Oh right I forgot to mention, the Mame structure was updated recently and SSF2T became the parent rom. The name hasn’t changed but the checksum is now 0.138u1
I would provide a link but I think you could just google the checksum (I think I googled “SSFT2 0.138u1” and found a link pretty fast via mediafire). It was a romnation forum link iirc.

Damn, O Cammy’s jumping normals are so insanely beefy. That neutral jumping RH for instance.

Very, very nice. I was hoping someone would make videos like this in HDR’s Classic mode, especially for the O.characters. Now if only someone could figure out whether throw ranges and/or airborne states are based on the green boxes. Does anybody know how Akiba captured throw ranges, did he literally count the pixels between characters? And if so, was it the reference dot he used?

Looking forward to more characters’ vids.

I really like the Super vs. ST face-off format, but there were some moves that didn’t show up:
Supers
close versions of moves
2nd hitting properties of moves (like the Skull Crusher following a Head Stomp)

Any chance you could release an addendum with these things added? :slight_smile:

I digged the music, but having the actual game sounds added in would also help players on an auditory level.

This also opens a lot of things up like if we could the ambiguous cross-up in action and see what set-ups are cross-ups and what set-ups aren’t.

Just thoughts.
keep up the (very) good work and thanks again.

Oh man this is that uncut pure bombay dopeness ! Many many thanx to all the people involved. You´re work is not in vain.

In a practical sense isn’t this easy to test even without hit boxes?