*SUPER MF'ing ARCADE* - the next generation

This is great news, time to get off my ass and start coming out

You werenā€™t kidding. There was good comp on every machine around 3:30 when I came for MvC2, 3s, AE, and tekken.

Good to see Calvin and Blockable Laser for MvC2. Looks like Ace, Potter, Khaos, and Reset will start coming too?

I forgot how fun 3s is. Nothing better than arcade H2H 3s on working japanese buttons/sticks.

GGā€™s! I need to hit up Devil X for the anti Hung strats.

this place has changed allot since spring session was over at mtsac. glad to see this place had some renovations! now with fall coming up, there will be new and old players struggling to stay on the machines!!

I havenā€™t been to Super in like 2 years, what notable fighting games are there?

couldnā€™t stop looking at the aliens vs predator gameā€¦havenā€™t havenā€™t seen that shit in foreverā€¦but good games in 3s (elena player) probably be there 2moro evening for wangan, 3s, and tekken.

hey watson , a while back i know the previous arcade owner had hokuto no ken, cvs2, and the first gundam vs game. do you have those now or did the previous owner sell those?

Good games to everyone tonight. Had to come see the revamped Super Arcade. Keep up the good work Watson.

Superb arcade

1 Like

nice place. HF machine wouldnā€™t take my quarter, I come back and itā€™s fixed without me even saying anything, 3s cab feels good too

Awesome, just in time for mt sac to start =) I havenā€™t came thru Super Arcade all summer. Iā€™ll be watching that twitter and this thread.

Not super important, but have you kept the Beatmania IIDX RED machine?

The IIDX Red machine is still there, sadly itā€™s moving to FFA. I think that machine would get A LOT LOT more attention if it had a new monitor, nobody bothered to play it because it was too narrow to read and its meant for wide screen. Thatā€™s the last of the good IIDX machines in Socal and most of the best players in Socal played at AI consistently. R.I.P IIDX.

Overall good shit Watson for taking care of the arcade.

nothing is set in stone. ralph has been mad busy and stressed im sure but will the hype this place has received so far all that should be changing. turnouts have been awesome and the response from the so cal gaming community is sick! just gonna keep saying what i have from day 1, give us time and things will change. as far as the beatmania we will all have our input and see what we can do about it. thanks to all who have been coming out as i have given everything i have to help this place. ive been working nonstop since day 1 14-16 hours a day and staying open late for the players. sorry if i seem to cut sessions short but i do have to open at 10am regardless of what time i close :frowning: hope you all are having fun and thanks again.

super arcade is quickly turning into the new spotā€¦ iā€™m having a lot of fun again even in serious matches in AE, havenā€™t had that happen to me in a while. and getting schooled in 3s is still fun, i wakeup and hold forward like a total scrub all day

it was refreshing to see a clean and fully working drummania machine so i had to go grab my drumsticks from the car, they came out of retirement lol 5 songs + extra stage for 3 tokens is too sick. might play this game more regularly again.

as far as beatmania iidx goes, my two cents ā€“ most of the people who were enthusiastic about the game (including but not limited to myself and utj) were all AI regulars, and super arcade is in the same area where those same people can come out to again. i think the machine would get more attention if it were at super arcade. just my opinion ^o^

p.s. sir watson i was just thinking about this too, and i read the thread and saw the post where you said you needed some BUTANZZZ iā€™ll try to remember bringing some on friday or something. least i can do to support ^^

Very GG to everybody I played yesterday, especially HorribleDudley.

This might be the hottest thing to happen to socal in a while. Iā€™ll be heading down more often.

Big ups to the watts!

I would definitely be down to play some Hokuto no Ken if it got put in at Super again.

Is HF up and working now?

fuck yes hokuto no ken = manly salty tears

ā€œI knew a smart blonde back where I live, we call it a golden retrieverā€

XvsSF, MvC2, T6 BR, MK9, 3s, ST, SF2 HF, HSF2, SSF4 AE, BBCT, UMvC3, T5 DR, and I canā€™t remember if there is anything else I missed. But, there ya go. :tup:

Destination confirmed.

Keyword: 3rd Strike

this is a much needed boost in Arcades since AI and Denjin close but SoCal stay up coz now yaā€™ll got Super Watson Arcade and Rd 1ā€¦FUUUUUUUUUUU I need to move back to Cali