Summoning the power - Psycho Stream set up thread

its not hard to set up

i was using that against ryu but dp hit me

now yang dp is 5f so it should work

VIDEO TIME

In other words, we need to list who it works against.

Pushing into U1 is godlike lol. Has anyone found any safe setups for ground pound to be safe meaty?

http://youtu.be/Ckdd7cobeBM

^That last one was fucking sick

Though I’d probably be using DCM vs Ryu

whats the damage like if you crossup groundpound feint into neutral j.lk overhead? and is j.hp the best ender there midscreen?

The point using ryu was to show that is safe against reversals.

Both ultras are just so good lol

I once traded with Sakura’s EX Shouken after U1, but it ended up making my opponent eat the whole Ultra. For some reason, during that match, I had the bright idea to walk forward after the ball and then poking, this caused the trade and the hit with the Ultra.

With a full ultra and super bar stocked, you can get a good chip set up in.

i.e. backthrow in corner, U1, confirm the block, HP Stinger xx super. does about 218 damage in chip with a full ultra. good way to close the game at the last round if you have the resources. can also do hp hands xx super on last hit if you think your stinger will whiff.

had some fun with U1 today in tournament. fuerte had a few issues mid-screen and using the LK scramble and HP crossup is funny.

another one i saw was baiting the opponent to jump over the ball, DPing with poison sting and then land into the stream. was pretty funny when i saw it but good against characters who don’t have altering jump arcs.

So I found out if Elena tries to Ultra 1 through Psycho Stream it trades and she gets hit by the full thing., Pretty nice to know.

I have been getting good good mileage out of the back throw ultra 1 set up so far. Instead of sweep or cr.lk for the low, I like to use EX RES.

It’s 200 dmg, and puts them right back in the same mix up, with the option of left/right mix up with lk. scramble + HP/MP on top of the high low.

Your looking at 340(throw+ Res) dmg before the additional mix up, if they guess wrong a second time it’s pretty much gg

i’ve been loving doing mid screen U1 then lk scamble hp teleport before it hits

I also have had great sucsess with this. I always try to get two U1 each round for the free pressure.

If they start jumping over it at the last second, you can do HK scramble into HK spiral arrow from full screen. It will catch all jumps i tested and send them flying into the U1.

I tried doing the U1 after the target combo into air grab, but I’d have to hold the charge for U1 or even scramble twice as long to activate it. Did they reset the charge until grounded or something?

yeah there is a delay after the air throw. Apparently it’s a bug that all charge characters have where there specials don’t work after an air throw. Kinda annoying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gqLxyy9CeU

I uploaded a video of the set up I found. It’s your basic bnb into Psycho Sting, FADC, dash ultra. It puts you at a pretty good distance, and sets up for some mix ups afterwards. It works on most if not all types of wake ups, and costs two bars, which I like to think is an okay use of meter for Decapre.

IMO, you can save that meter by ending with RES instead of Sting.

I did notice that. My only issue with that set up is the position Psycho Stream ends up on. Since you end up so close initially, it hits from behind, and if they’re blocking, it uses up most of the hits faster than you can get something working. Also, since it’s a hard knockdown, it can whiff on delayed wakeup. If you delay the Psycho Stream, you can still get it to hit on both ordinary and delayed wake up, but you’ll also have to delay your overhead as well, otherwise it will actually whiff on certain characters.

I’m not very good with character specific tech, even if it’s something that encompasses a wide range of the cast, and because of this would rather spend two bars to confirm an ultra as spending the ultra and watching it whiff because I didn’t adjust to that character. While Psycho Sting FADC Ultra might not be the most optimal setup at this time, it does cover most of the cast’s wake up options with the exception of EX Shoryu and teleport maybe (though I’m sure there are ways to deal with those options as well).

hp break is so god damn gimmicky, might aswell forget that there’s any setups from it. The rare cases where you can actually punish with a hp break, the damage from a u2 combo would still be higher than whatever is best case for a u1 mixup fuck everything

also, is any knockdown long enough that you can do a proper left/right mixup without autoguard fucking it up? ie, can you get a scramble off before psycho stream connects?