Stun Gun Headbutt setup

I was watching some SBO qualifiers and saw a really good Alex. In some matchups he chose Stun Gun Headbutt and was able to tick into it off of Flash Elbow [(b)f+k] and other blocked attacks.

I was wondering ;

1. Is this only useful in certain matchups (it creamed Ken and I never saw him miss with it ever or get punished, but he chose Boomerang Raid for the Chun Li Matchup. I would think Ken’s SRK would make him the bigger risk)

2. Which Punch is best for these ticks. I am thinking the MP SGH would be best off of Flash Elbows.

3. What moves are best for Ticking into this?

I have often tried ticking SGH in the past but almost always missed and gave up on it. Seeing it used reliably made me intrested again.

paging sanchez

fixed it for you

:rofl:

Buffering SGH after a flash chop or elbow slash is no good against somebody who knows better, as you can be jabbed (by any character) or dragoned out of it.

SGH hits a good player only if they’ve input a move before the black screen, even then the normal that they input has to have a good amount of recovery for them to not be able to punish Alex out of the air after it finishes. It can also connect if they’ve committed to a jump-in attack and you catch them before they can jab out of it when they land.

Here’s a rudimentary example:
You dash in against Urien and SGH and he tries to c.rh because he sees you dash. He wouldn’t have time to jab you out if it and you get the damage. The good thing about this is that if the Urien player doesn’t do anything from seeing you dash, the worst thing that could happen is you getting jabbed out of the super.

You can also use SGH to get out of the corner. :arazz:

Urien could also EX Aegis > Juggle if Alex is in the corner.

urien can actually do LK tackle into double unblock

I had good intentions with that example, I really did. :lol:

Don’t feel like typing…this is a repost.

Thanks Mag.

But for those who wonder “why in the hell does Alex have this super?” Look no further than Street Fighter III: New Generation. Crouching Fierce did not knock down on the second hit and it put the enemy at reset disadvantage. Plus, Stung Gun in New Generation active grab frames were active to the ground. You do the math.

Stung Gun is not a straight up combo super it is a parry retaliation super. It gets you EX very quickly and has a short bar. Granted SAII holds more EX’s, but once your out it is going to be a little wait till you get the next one. With Stun Gun all you need is a powerbomb and a throw, ta da EX! To get the clean opening with Stung Gun you need to be good at parrying. Going into parry training and finding all the moves that if parried to the last hit and moves or attacks that have no cancel give you a free strong or fierce flash chop.

Example: Ken does low forward shippu janrai, you gaurd the low and the first hit of the super then you red parry the second hit (which is retard easy once you get the timing down) and then the rest of the super till the end and return with fierce F-Chop into SA III jab version, dash up fierce F-Chop into fierce powerbomb aka:backdrop.

But the number one reason this super is good in some cases is that wiff jumping normals goes right out the window. Hint: It is for the dude with the blonde hair with a DP.

Which would explain why he picked it against Ken.

And if the tick setups are so easy to get out of and he hit Ken with it every time, that Ken was an idiot :stuck_out_tongue:

I have friends who are idiots though, hurrah!

Repost…

SA III is very good in that it does two things very well:

1. It punishes tick throws harshly. More of a forcefull response than jumping out of a throw and it puts heavy pressure on the enemy to stop SGHB everytime they see it come on the screen. The counter balance of 85 damage to a miss timed response vs getting hit with a dp is massively in favor of Alex every time.

2. And secondly makes Ken players spam DP’s like crazy.
    And there are ways to throw SGHB that even if you respond correctly your DP will miss or worse get stuffed.

Beware…:devil:

Note: [short kick slash elbow is not the correct set up on gaurd] Air corner juggle only.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA I’m not kaikillah and even I know this is a fucking joke. It had been a week or two since the last SG thread. Thanks guys. hug

Wow, that makes Alex really dangerous if youre good at parrying. And that helps me cuz I’m still learning mind games and mixups with him. Never even thought of doing that. good shit.

You wanna stop being so damn cryptic?

Examples? Jab stungun? That still gets fucked.

Ever notice how double dragon punches doesn’t work on Alex no matter how many times Kens try? Ever feel bad for your opponent? Feel bad no more!

Give them the gift of easy [media=youtube]wBOHsUamYLE&feature=channel_page"[/media]

Repost…

Note::mad: [short kick slash elbow is not the correct setup on gaurd] Air corner juggle only.:xeye:

Is there any real way to decide which one to use before attempting the “setup”? I mean, there’s no way to combo ANY of the slash elbows…

I’ll stop there, because it’s like you don’t understand what I’m saying. AMERICAN,

Sounds like you already got it down. Good stuff.

What is the set up, then?

Seriously.

I recognize that people do not like stun gun and it would be best to let talk about this super use in the Alex thread go.

It is the sign of insanity to keep giving advice to individuals who want to fight about something that they have already deemed stupid in their own mind.

If people have questions about the set-up just PM me, but you Sanchez do not like stun gun and I understand why and for me to go into a dialog about it would be non-productive to those who enjoy trying to intergrate SAIII into there Alex play.

As always…do what works for you.

scrub

That I am.:rofl:(laughing at you , not with you) Join date 2008?:rofl: