Street Fighter Unlimited - discussion of the ongoing series

I’m positive that it’s going to be Alex. The synopsis for SF Unlimited #4 is: In Street Fighter Unlimited #4, series writer Ken Siu-chong and artist Joe Ng conclude the first story arc of the ongoing series as Ryu encounters a ghost from his past and Guile, Cammy, Alex, and Chun-Li struggle to survive the onslaught of Vega’s new minions. This issue also features a 4-page bonus story illustrated by Sarah Stone (Transformers: Windblade), starring the deadly damsels of S.I.N – Juri VS. Crimson Viper!

Hopefully Claw’s new minions will be the Geki ninja clan and we’ll get the story how Geki taught Claw ninjitsu…

Just wondering, where did I see those Gill’s hands stage already? SF4?

Street Fighter Unlimited #3 is out!

[details=Spoiler]Great to see my girl chun-Li back in action and kicking ass again. Also rocking her sexy dress (her Alt. costume SFIV and V). Her fights with Vega are always a treat, but it was such a surprise at the end to see that there were two of him. Having Chun-li as his guest of honor at a party right after. And also the return of Alex! I was surprised to see the rescue go so smoothly. I always thought that they would have to find Chun-Li locked in a room, then be ambushed, but it was still an ambush nonetheless. Can’t wait to see the conclusion of this fight and for more of the Shadaloo/Secret Society partnership to unravel.

The huge twist at the end was seeing Gouken alive? Really? Intrest is peaked, but we’ll save that for next issue.[/details]

Oh, this may just be a superstition of mine, [details=Spoiler]but When Chun-Li was reunited with Cammy, Guile, and Alex, Am I the only one that thought that her rescue was a little too easy? I mean, yes, they now have to fight off an entire army of Twelves. From the looks of things, they just handed Chun-Li over to them. I always had in mind that Chun-Li’s rescue would be a little more challenging than just walking into a trap. What was it that was accomplished that Vega allowed her to be set free?

What if that THIS Chun-Li is actually a Twelve in disguise, and the real Chun-Li is still a prisoner of Vega or even the Secret Society?[/details]

Loving those covers (huzzah, Q!..well his ankle, but still his existence is remembered nonetheless!) I really gotta catch up on these, but reading the spoilers and previews has whet my appetite! So glad to see Udon is back!

Spoiler

I took the entire Chun-Li / capture scenario as a way of telling the events that occurred in Chun-Li’s Vanilla SF4 and Gen’s Vanilla SF4’s endings in this world. If you look at the broad specifics and not the exact details, it’s an extremely similar situation.

Never really cared how the comic has handled Chun-Li overall and it always perplexed me why this series has always seemed to favor Cammy. But as I said in the spoiler, since to me it seemed to me like a way of telling something that already happened in the games, just within the setting of this universe it’s cool I suppose.

With Street Fighter Unlimited #4 being released in about 8 days, Udon has released a small preview of what’s to come. Please enjoy.

That Chun-Li SBK though… so hot

Update on the Ultra Jam covers
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/martinitolove/SFU%20combination_zpsracywgfz.jpg[/img]

Q and Nadeshiko are hinted in the upper left corner.
Is it Geki’s foot in the upper middle part?

here is the summary and the other covers that come with it.

"About the story: “While Ryu fights for survival against the full power of martial arts master Oro, Gill and the Secret Society reveal their plans for the world plans that include a new Street Fighter Tournament! Plus, Dan & Sakura have an encounter with the King of the Jungle Blanka!”

Spoiler

So we’re gonna have a new SF Tournament. My guess is Gill is seeking out the strongest fighters to engine his plans. Maybe something to do with the SnH.

Oh wow, we’re finally getting a Blanka story? Dude’s been shafted terribly in the books. Only background appearances and cameos :frowning: Hopefully he’ll be done right. New tournament? Iiiiinteresting.

Well, the Blanka story would most likely be the ending mini story at the end of the comic. I’m not anticipating that the Brazilian Beast will make a significant impact on the story unless he’s gonna be part of the tournament, only to job to another fighter.

Yeah, I’m not expecting anything really meaty heh, it’s just that in the Udon books they never followed up on his introduction if I can recall. I remember Delta Red picked him up and were gonna rehabilitate him from the Shadaloo brainwashing, they got attacked, then the next time we see him is in the SSF vol 1 where they’re showing where all the fighters are now and he’s in a clothing shop with a lady. They implied Cammy was really brutal to him when she was Killer Bee, but nothing was ever picked up.

With SF Unlimited #4 already released, I think it’s time for me to give my review of the issue.

[details=Spoiler]
I always admire Gouken. But I wasn’t a big fan of him coming back (in spirit form). I always thought that Ryu’s journey was more interesting now that he has no master to turn to for answers and now has to seek them out himself. But this serving as a platform for him to train under Oro was a pretty good bridge. I thought the way Gouken was revived by Retsu was a pretty unique way to do so. I felt that bond between Master and Student once again.

Of cource, teh one main thing that I really enjoyed about this issue was the big fight between Guile, Chun-Li, Cammy, and Alex v. the Twelves. Loved how everyone worked as a premiere team, watching each other’s backs, even when it got really crazy. It was interesting to see how Alex was the only one who did any damage to the twelves. Perhaps he has something special in him that the secret society can use. (my prediction is that urien wants to use Alex to help him overthrow Gill). speaking of Gill, it got intense at the climax, where Gill finally introduces himself to the world. It’s also interesting because now there is going to be some serious backlash against the United States for launching that missile. But overall, it was a really exciting part. It was action packed and it moved the story quite considerably.

One thing that I found interesting was that Gill saved a nation from a nuclear attack, although I always thought that he would be the kind of person that would rather watch the world burn and then he would rebuild it from the ashes. So why did he stop that missile attack? If he predicts the end of days is coming, why not step back and let the people destroy themselves first before coming into play? Unless he wants people to see how Godly he is now. I don’t know, Just something interesting I wanted to point out.[/details]

Review up on hadoken for SFU 4: http://hadoken.net/street-fighter-unlimited-4-review/

I also can confirm that i heard from someone at udon that the gouken explnation as from Ono san himself.

Hey guys! I didn’t even notice you’d started a thread just for SF Unlimited. Awesome!

I’ll try to drop by regularly to answer questions.

@MattMoylan
I’m enjoying the SF Unlimited Series so far. you guys are doing a great job. I can’t wait for the next issue.

Most of the questions I have for you, you probably are not obligated to answer as it might spoil the story. However, there are two basic questions I have for ya. As a Chun-Li fan, I am wondering, are we going to see more of her? What is the significance of her role in regards the story?

Keep it up. i can’t wait for the next issue. A month just seems so far away.

PS: You guys at Udon inspire me to write my own Street Fighter comics. I just wanted to say thank you for that.

Matt, SF Unlimited ist just amazing! Keep up the good work!

But two things that I really need are:

1. A miniseries on the first SF-Tournament (from SF1 game).
  2. A background story that tells us about
    - Vega’s (Claw) training and leadership of the Geki ninja clan.
    - Lee beeing the father of Yun and Yang and friend of Gen.

Could you please do it one day? Or are there some plans in the works already?

By the way, was / is Udon somehow involved into the creation of SF5 game? You’ve been doing art work for Capcom Fighting Jam, so I think it’d be possible…

And will the comics incorporate the new canon tidbits from the story mode of SF5?

Another compliment. Udon is doing with Street Fighter what IDW with Turtles and Ghostbusters. And the best thing is when creators communicate with the fans, what you’re exactly doing here. This way some ideas of the community can help the creators do the best product - qualitative and economically lucrative.

I suppose there are some specific difficulties as SF is a japanese property, while TMNT or GB are from US. Could you please elaborate a little bit on the specifics of your cooperation and how much creative freedom you do have? Do the comics and the videogames take place in the “same universe”?

I’ve been buying the series so far. Shame they’re switching artists already. I really liked the style from 1-4. Hopefully this new guy does better art than the guy who drew SFII.

Stay with uncle please, no father.

Good issues thus far, liked #4.