Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition Thread (Good Games, Matchmaking & Discussion)

Apparently Offline has bad input lag (Im guessing not just the 2 frame PS3 lag) + Onlines bad as well, this true? That’ll suck, regardless of console choice everyone should get the full experience.

GGPO’s Fault, Sony’s Fault? Devs Fault? Ill test the 360 version tomorrow. I have never really been chanting GGPO like a lot of peepz here as I had been skeptical since hearing about a few members talking bad about it a while ago, but I hope its not that.

Offline has a slight lag in the input or at least, it feels that way.
The only thing I couldn’t do consistently is the KKZ reset with Akuma… Other than that, EVERYTHING ELSE that I tried was fine. Parries were fine, and I even completed that Daigo thing.

The game seems on point… A little something weird about it, but honestly, I felt the EXACT same way about that weird feeling when I played it on the PC emulation for the first time. It’s just that anything except the CPS3 runs it a little funky.

Honestly I wasn’t sure what to expect from the GGPO netcode but from my initial thoughts, it really sucks. It takes 3 minutes for me to connect to anyone and I connect just fine in SF4 AE. The interface needed a bit of work, why didn’t they implement match selection instead of just pitting you against a random opponent? I find myself engaging in red laggy games because it takes a while to find an opponent. The feel of the game isn’t arcade port perfect, I’ve played SF3 3rd strike in the arcades for a solid 3 years. I’ll give it another go once more players have purchased the game but as of right now, I wish I could get my money back.

Ok so I decided to play a little more before I sleep and it got a tiny little bit better. I managed to actually host a room and get a couple decent games after barely being able to connect to anyone.

Props to the diversity of characters thus far. It’s pretty cool to see a solid Twelve player.

ggs to snamighty, neogeo4life, KOJI_1102 and anyone else who came through my room. Hugo still gets on my nerves.

remember, this is arcade perfect, not PS2 port perfect.

also this is probably like mvc2, where for the least amount of input lag you need to turn the graphic filters off.

i probably will only play this with friends, i never got too deep into this game

GGPO has been godlike for me. I’ll play more when I hit the lab with Nerco. I’m not going to play a second for a bit. And when i do decide to play a second it will either be Sean or 12.

http://twitch.tv/goforbroke for 3rd Strike Online Edition

6PM EST Wednesday

demo plays fine offline. then again I never played “serious 3s” I dont know what kind of problem I am looking for here. I tried on a plasma tv and crt. its about the same.

PSN ID: ddebel00

Time to brush off and polish my skill set. Lookin’ forward to 3SPS3

LOL at my first recorded upload match directly from 3rd strike game. It’s easier and more convenient then the way I normally do it to upload directly from camera.

PSN is bpmisbpm

If you have a mic, turn that shit on!

Elena/Remy

Here are some matches I uploaded using the upload feature. It’s actually a real cool feature.
I actually have more stuff of me and this guy. He has a nice Oro.

This one is boring but has a funny ending.

Had good games with some players. Sadly, a lot of lag input delays

PSNid: AshTheVandal
Connection: 100 mb
Region: Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe.
Skill: Varies… depending on connection to opponent.
Available: Until I go to bed…

PSN: porter-is-cook

Help me get my Ken and Alex up… I suck btw

Also turn on your mic, I like to talk.

My name is KabaL17 i need matchup experience for my ibuki if anyone wants to run some sets. Rank 10 if it matters

If I were to run a tournament like I’ve been doing for the MvC2 ones, would people be interested in entering?

@ ErixXx

Eric, you know we will enter this tournament no matter what. We’re just waiting for somebody to do it so WHAT YOU WAITING FOR?? DO IT SON!!!

Well, seems like majority of the people posting are just getting into the game now, so it’s gonna be weird to host one now since it’d just be like really good players VS new players =\

Who cares!! I just know people want it and I know this tourney won’t be the last one. It’s also a good way to know how well your skill level is this early in it’s game. Unlike mvc2, I doubt on this game I will get far at all so I say just do it and give people about 2 weeks before you officially started it.