Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection: 3rd Strike

this forum is pretty dead but wanted to talk about this port of 3rd Strike.

so far i have only tried the PC Steam version and i’m surprised how its turned out so far. i was able to do 2 hit confirms with Dudley and 1 hit confirm with Chun Li. i have the lag compensation on 2 and it feels better than Fightcade. there was stuttering with only two opponents but the rest it was pretty smooth. this may be the best option to play 3S online for PC.

what do you guys think? have any of you tried the Switch version?

hate using social media so i’m still willing to discuss 3s here

i do not have the game but from what i understand, there are no connection quality indicators or country flags, so you can’t filter by connection or region. i’m also hearing that no one is making lobbies because everybody is grinding ranked instead. so this is basically oe all over again, but with the added disadvantage of unavoidable laggy matches. the whole experience sounds like it would be way too time-consuming.

i saw one report that it has 1 frame of more input lag compared to oe, but i dont know how valid that claim is.

I have Anniversary Collection on Switch and PS4. They seem identical to me thus far. I have a Hori RAP V’s for both consoles. Biggest adjustment for me is going back to 3S from the SFIV/SFV 's lax inputs. Took me a few games to get a consistent DP motion down again. I didn’t realize how bad my inputs had gotten.

3sOE is the better online experience by far. The connections are better overall and should’ve been the bar that they aimed for. Ive dropped things like ken s.mp super link, mk overhead link and Chun post SA2 sj fierces all of which I rarely dropped playing online with 3sOE. For anyone on the fence, the only reason to buy this is because the player populations are higher and if you also like the other games. Really disappointed with how the online turned out in general.

3Soe is better but it’s only for consoles. for pc, this anniversary collection is the best option so far. it’s not great when it comes to connecting to other players online but the emulation feels just as good as shmupmame so far.

You’re right. A few days ago I realized vsynch was on by default. Turned it off and the game feels much better now on PC.