Strats vs makoto

any strategies vs makoto?

i can ALMOST beat her until she grabs me and does the SAII

tip: always do a crouching MP,LK LP…as in always…because she cant get through those when she’s dashing in…her game relies on her dashes…also , one major tip: STAY AWAY FROM HER…that’s the smartest thing to do…throw low LoV’s…i think that’s it…

contradictally, you should never crouch cuz they can do SAII ANYTIME AND DIZZY YOUR ASS!!

i guess i will do those crouching attacks when she has no super.

when do makotos do the strangle grab? any familiar patterns that you see?

mp. stangle grab

The best way to win this fight is to use the secret code. Highlight Ryu on the character select screen and then hit up. You’ll receive a souped up version of Ryu named Ken. He can zone out Makoto and keep her out of the air with SRK’s.

If you’re looking to have advantage over Makoto, Ken isn’t the character you want.

-meaty MP, karakusa
-tick setups with: LP, c.LP, c.LK, j.MK
-tsurugi (air axe kick move), dash, karakusa
-back dash (maybe to evade a poke), dash forward, karakusa
-after a connected non-EX hayate

I don’t use Remy that much, but I think it goes without saying that if you corner Makoto, don’t stay in her face or do anything stupid. Sorry that I don’t have anything more useful to say. I don’t want to give wrong information about Remy strategy.

ex. flash kick beats hayate.

possibly ex hayate. can someone confirm?

don’t do too much of low lovs cuz makoto’s low attacks usually come out before the lov is thrown.

Low sonics are actually good against makoto as it prevents her from dashing in/ ex hayate from a distance.

^ agreed

however…low lovs should be done outside of sweep distance.

high ex lov beats her dash and random sa2 from across the screen cus the high projectile hits her while she comes down.

what if find hardest while fighting makoto is that al her air moves have so great priority. it’s often very hard to anti-air her and if you just block her moves she usually have a lot of mix-up options which often leads to karakusa.

the biggest thing about makoto is that she is a rush down HIGH risk character so the best strategy is to stay out of karakusa range as remy shares akuma’s stun bar that one is the most important and wait for her to make mistakes she has horrible recovery on a missed or blocked hayate and fukiage (although people don’t just spam that one out) even her oroshi (chop) has some shitty recovery just be patient and if you do get karakusa’d don’t let them finish it! just pushh them off the stick or something :stuck_out_tongue:

:edit: don’t really push them that’ll get a kid shot. >.>

Zone as much as possible with safe, but not overzealous, use of lovs (more low than high) and crouching pokes such as strong punch and short kick (like someone already said). Don’t be afraid to neutral jump when you have to while zoning. And don’t forget that when she starts jumping at you, you can dash under her to cause confusion and set up a throw/poke.

Mainly, stay the fuck away. And, if the situation comes where you have to guess whether to jump out of her grab attempt or block low (the infamous 50/50), guess right :looney:

It’s definitely one of Remy’s worst matchups: up there with Yun. Her (super)jump, stubby height, and ridiculous fast recovering dash makes it hard to keep her out. You just have to work a lot harder and smarter than your opponent.

PS: Or do what deviljin said. That code is amazing.

I know this thread is waaaaaay old but, this forum its kinda dead so lets bring it back to life.

Makoto cant do the 100% stun combo if she’s not on her side of the screen, so you’ll get grabbed don’t matter what, but.

1.- Dont get grabbed on her side of the screen
2.- Dont get grabbed too close to your own corner, basically try to stay on the middle of the stage in general.

If she starts RTSD, jab or short then jump back and LoV, dont ever jump back inmediatly after a connected hayate cause you could get an ex orochi and thats high damage :frowning:

jabs and shorts stuff the ex oroshi, if she does a low short, then shes going for another hayate, block, and punish the bitch.

Makoto seems random but players have a usual pattern.

low short, hayate x2 even x3, orochi or karakusa. thats the way usually makoto players rush down.