Storm's Typhoon assist?

I refuse to believe that Storm has something of no use.I want to know is anyone has come up withany interesting uses or very good uses for the assist? By default I just leave it on Whirlwind because I have no clue what else to do. Anyone?

[media=youtube]7pH0LsdVCKs[/media]
At 2:10

This is really the only time I’ve seen typhoon used.

I see. I was sort of hoping that it could somehow be as useful as hidden missiles or something of that sort. It isn’t really fast enough to use in a normal combo and it is useless in the corner, right?

Yeah. It misses completely along with having (as far I know) the slowest startup for any projectile attack in the game. Even though I don’t play Storm, I suggest you just stick with Whirlwind.

I’m starting to try and find ways to use it. I’ll keep posting findings.

Ok. Have fun I guess.

There’s no character with properties to pin down long enough while typhoon comes out

[media=youtube]mjPRSFSbYT8[/media]

This video shows some uses for Storm’s typhoon assist. From around the 2:10 to 4:00 minute marks, there are a few examples of it being used in combos. I don’t really think any are super practical, but there you go. I really see no reason to use it over whirlwind though.

I don’t like the pushback properties of whirlwind personally. The uses I have come up with are more along the lines of incoming mix ups. Sort of like jam session, but, it doesn’t last as long. I can combo with it from an almost instant s with whoever i’d be using. It’s tough but where there is a will…

Typhoon assist? I think it’s the least useful assist because of slow start up

Interesting but I think it’s hard to do the timing.

I’ve found that I can use it well with Jill. It’s just strict timing.

not strict, it’s just really slow