*Step into the Arena Bi-Weeklys*, Long Island/Suffolk 4/30/2011 @ FNC Shop

Step into the Arena is going to kickoff its Bi-Weekly Events starting Saturday April 30th providing tournaments in the following game(s):

Marvel vs Capcom 3 (360)
Super Street Fighter 4 (360)
Mortal Kombat (360)

Where:
Friendly Neighborhood Comic Shop
795 Udall Rd
West Islip, NY 11795
631-539-6395

When:

Saturday April 30th, 2011

Things will kickoff around 6pm and signups will held earlier throughout the week @ Our Tuesday/Thursday sessions AND the day of the tournament @ 5pm so if your new or a regular at FNC Shop you’ll have ample time to get signed up. The Shop is open as late as 12-1am so after the tourny expect to get plenty of casuals or even MM’s :lol:

Games:

As stated before the tournament games will be MvC3, SSF4, and MK (Only if there is enough demand of course). We will look into hosting other game tournaments but there just needs to be enough of a demand.

Fees:

$10 Venue Fee
$5 Per Game

Prizes will be split 70/30 OR 70/20/10 (This is still being discussed atm)

Rules:

MvC3 Rules -
All Characters Playable
Matches will be 2 out of 3
Finals Matches will be 3 out of 5
Double Elimination Bracket

SSFIV Rules -
All Characters Playable

Mortal Kombat (TBD) -
All Characters Playable

Other Info.

This is going to be the start of a slew of Tournaments held @ FNC Shop, If your a player based out of LI and haven’t been down to one of our sessions I suggest looking into it or asking a friend. We have a Facebook Group started not too long ago to bring together the already struggling LI scene and things have been going pretty well, so look us up, come down and get step your game up!

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_172079346172816&ap=1 or Search “Strong Island Crack Sessions”

For those new faces that may attend this event, the shop is located convinently near a Pizza shop, Chinese Take-out, and a Carvel so your covered in the food department :rofl: . I strongly encourage you to get to know the players and stay plugged in through the Facebook group. We’ve gotta great group of players willing to help you and train along side ya. Hope to see You there!

All rules and information here may go through some slight modifications so check back regularly

Cool stuff! Hopefully I can make it out there for the one of your sessions! See if I can be a better player! What time does the sessions start on tuesday/thursdays?

From what I know 8:30 you can ask in the li thread in match finder people prob look at that more. I don’t live out there no more :sad:

Hey BigKilla we usually get things rolling by 830 9 and go anywhere from 12-2am, it all depends on the night but if you can make it down sometime you’ll def. be in for some GGs!

Sounds good!! Tuesdays i can’t make it because of work :sad:, but i can def. make the thurdays one. If you need any help setting up just let me know and i’ll come there early if you guys need any help. Also if you need a extra set up, i’ll bring my 360 and my tv (its a 19’ inch hdtv). Looking forward for some GGs!!

Not sure I can make it saturday. No money, no gas, no entry. but well see

i’ll try to be down there twice a week to support the scene. i really need some training though. im untapped potential (yea, right.:rolleyes:)

I’m in for Saturday

An extra xbox would definetly be appreciated Killa!! Plus were waving tournament fee for a game of your choice if you supply a system as well!

Why not make the venue fee 5$ and the pot money 10$ ? Would be more motivation more money in the pot

I’m coming only for MK9 and would like to see increased game fee as well to build a larger pot, regardless of what the door fee ends up being.

Hypothetically if you had 10 people enter a MK tournament with a 70/30 split for 1st/2nd at $5 a man to enter and a $10 venue fee, that would be $35 for first and $15 for 2nd. So whoever won would end winning 20 bucks, 2nd place would break even, and the other 8 guys would be out 15 bucks each.