Starting tips

hey everyone, so i have had mvc3 for a while, and i got a arcade stick last month, and have made my final roster choice of Deadpool, felicia, and chun li.

but i am really enjoying felicia’s speed, but im not that great with her, i have done up to level 5 in missions for her, but i am still very weak with her.

what are some basic combos/tips you could recommend for me.

As for combos, the stickied Combo Thread has more than you’ll ever need. When it comes to practice though, I’d first recommend working on linking standing light after a rolling buckler slide - it lets you translate a stray hit or slide into some legit damage. Once you have that down, learn how to jump cancel her Toy Touch. It’s a huge part of her game and lets you combo after throws and extend other combos.

Regarding match play: keep things on the ground unless you’re shooting for an air throw. Felicia has the speed and frame advantage (almost every special gives advantage) to be scary, but has no options in the air. (That’s where a good AA assist comes in.) Keep the pressure on, keep your opponent blocking, then go for a command throw. It’s sexy stuff.

I say work on the above, then check back in with us. :wink: